Singularity

It is fun; and for $8 fine i guess; but it is also short and after playing twice I can't really see a reason to paly again (unless there is a sequel and I desire to remember what happeend in the first game).
-
What I really liked was when these games were a bit longer....

It was long enough for me on the hardest difficulty :) some levels I needed to replay several times in order to find a way to pass through. But , for some reason, it didn't bother me because kill mechanic is excellent in this game.

Did anyone ever come up with a fix for FOV in Singularity? This is still the only game I've ever been completely unable to play because the FOV was so ridiculously narrow. I bought the game years ago, got like 5 minutes in, and found it so disorienting that I couldn’t stand it. I would really like to be able to play this, but need to set the FOV to at least 80 or it's just not going to happen.

Did anyone ever come up with a fix for FOV in Singularity? This is still the only game I've ever been completely unable to play because the FOV was so ridiculously narrow. I bought the game years ago, got like 5 minutes in, and found it so disorienting that I couldn’t stand it. I would really like to be able to play this, but need to set the FOV to at least 80 or it's just not going to happen.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/42670/discussions/0/864969481705237725/

I didn't care much for it. I played it all of the way through & found it be a huge hype deflater. I was hoping for a sandbox FPS, but instead it wound up being very linear & at times, like the script was on rails. :(

I didn't care much for it. I played it all of the way through & found it be a huge hype deflater. I was hoping for a sandbox FPS, but instead it wound up being very linear & at times, like the script was on rails. :(

You mean like most FPS games?

I'm not sure it was ever billed as a sandbox FPS.

It wasn't.

It's a good and IMHO underrated and overlooked single player FPS that's on rails but not obnoxiously.

I know it wasn't but I didn't want to play another damn FPS on-rails again or be a corridor shooter.

You mean like most FPS games?

Unfortunately, yes. Even linear games can innovate but that's not too often.

I never did finish this, so I went back and started playing again...man, this game is seriously lame before you get the TMD...I don't know why they chose to make it soooo slow at the beginning.

I never did finish this, so I went back and started playing again...man, this game is seriously lame before you get the TMD...I don't know why they chose to make it soooo slow at the beginning.

I don't either because I know that's where a lot of people just lost interest. Once you get past that very slow beginning it's a pretty nice game for what it is.

Back