Single-phase 60A PDU

kronik8

Limp Gawd
Not a PSU question but I figured I'd come to my [H] brethren..

Trying to avoid 3-phase power in the DC to save on monthly recurring costs. They offer 208V 60A single-phase but I'm having a heck of a time finding a PDU. I'd like to avoid having to go with 4 30A.

Don't think such a thing exists. I'm not even aware of any NEMA plugs above 50A and the highest common locking one is 30A. At least APC doesn't have anything last I checked nor have I ever run into anything past 30A in the datacenters I frequent.

Don't think such a thing exists. I'm not even aware of any NEMA plugs above 50A and the highest common locking one is 30A. At least APC doesn't have anything last I checked nor have I ever run into anything past 30A in the datacenters I frequent.

Right.. above 50A, stuff is supposed to be hardwired.

Why do you need this, anyway, OP? And why do you say it's either 1x60A or 4x30A? (Or I guess maybe you wanted 2x60A and just didn't specify that?) You can get dual circuit PDUs, which might be good enough for what you want, if you can find a dual 30A that is rated up to 208V. Here at work we use a couple dual circuit 20A (so total capacity 80A for the PDUs themselves) PDUs. Two racks, one dual circuit PDU for rack, the redundant power supplies of all our equipment plugged into one of each circuit.

Last edited:
Back