Since a picture is worth 1000 words, here's my planned mod in a pic

notarat

2[H]4U
See Pic
CR10 - Copy.jpg

The pic in the OP is of my CR-10 that was defective and was used for illustrative purposes.

Here's the CR-10S4 I'm modding:

IMAG0362.jpg

The "feet" I printed are:
IMAG0367.jpg

The top of the printed part cups the plastic/rubber OEM feet and provide a larger contact patch which holds the printer more securely.

Here's the metal first aid kit mounted under the bottom of the 2010 extrusions on which the rollers move along on the Y Axis.

IMAG0364.jpg

There's a little over .125" (1/8") clearance between the screws securing the rollers and the box, which is more than enough. The toothed belt controlling the Y Axis movement actually has a full .25" of clearance so there's nothing to worry about there.

The box is large enough to hold the power supply, motherboard, and two 90mm+ cooling fans so in operation the unit will be near silent while providing 5x to 8x the cooling of the standard OEM fans. I'm debating the use of one of my leftover Corsair ML120 fans (deciding between blue and red)

Reserved for posting pics from the mod progress this weekend.

Parts arriving Saturday:

more M5 Screws
more T-Nuts
Switched/Fused Power Connector (green power switch)
Switched/Fused Power Connector (red power switch & mounting holes)
Brass Motherboard stand-offs

Re-purposing:
Ribbon Cables from Rostock Max V2
Various Grommets and connectors from OEM Control Box
Display unit and assorted parts of gut of control box

Edited to add:

Will be printing new Spool Holder better able to feed the extruder

Enhancements:
Adding Raspberry Pi with 5" LCD Touch Screen to control printing operations wirelessly over my network
Add Go-Pro Mount so I can stream my print sessions over the internet and monitor/control them remotely from my Phone

Last edited:
Crap I forgot about this thread. I need to take moar pics and post them because I'm already done and onto my next printer, lol. Will post pics later once I move printers around to put this one back into the rotation, hahahaha

Workplace is a mess since I'm working on 2 printers at once (S300 and S400) but here are the pics of the 400

IMAG0430.jpg
IMAG0432.jpg
IMAG0427.jpg
IMAG0431.jpg
IMAG0428.jpg

Back