Simple Games For The Girlfreind

xTABx7

Gawd
Just want some suggestions..... What's a good game to give to my gf just for a leisure activity, she's not big into video games or anything, but she doesnt hate em(she plays mario kart w/us somtimes) she has a dell, so it cant be anything intensive, i was thinking along the lines of some of those tycoon games? lemonade tycoon? or like a leisure suit larry type game? somthing somewhat simple.... lets here some suggestions

Stepmania

My GF is a Mario kinda girl, but I introduced her to DDR and she likes it.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 or The Sims. My ex gf had all The Sims expansion packs lol

Sims 2, girls seem to like that game....There are a few games online that girls seem to like.

Sims 2 probably won't run too well on her machine. I recommend The Sims.

my girlfriend has fallen in love with warhammer, other than that i would say zoo tycoon 2, "look at the cute animals" or the likes, rollercoaster tycoon 3 is out now,

Have you tried maybe asking her what she likes? Then just seeing if there are any games close to it? You know asking her, and using your ears to listen then find a game close or maybe even what she likes. Not too hard to do, but I can promise this little effort might pay off to you, remember if shes a happy gamer you're a happy gamer then :)

Katamari Damacy! My friend lauren loves it! She thinks its the cutest thing ever!

My wife likes the Battlefield series, but not ant RTSs. She's been bugging me to buy HL2 for her machine. If I wait any longer I may not get to enjoy our other multiplayer activity :eek: .

purefun65 said:
sims its a no brainer chicks love it! :cool:
excuse me?:rolleyes:
I think we have an ID-10-T failure here.

#1 how can baby chickens play computer games?
#2 how would you know if they like a certain game over another? do they 'cheep' more?

if you mean women, you need to stop saying 'chicks'. its like calling blacks n~~~ it's just demeaning.

and no, it's not a 'no bariner', I *DETEST* the sims like I detest barney.

as per games liked, ask her.

I persoinally love FPSes and some RPGs.

sorry ladie no disrespect meant! most girls are unfamiliar with video games {exception noted} and it is very user friendly with easy interactivity :D

go to http://acdm.turbinegames.com trust me that game is worth it. you know how gameplay isn't all about the best graphics you can get and sometimes the old games have better playability then the new ones? well this is one of those cases. it's a MMORPG that is absolutely addictive and incredibly good. there is a huge update to the graphics / gameplay coming out called by the people running it as AC 1.5 and the game is just so incredible. it doesn't cost very much to try, as long as you have internet connection it's just4 something that's so great! you might wanna give it a try (your gf anyways) if she likes RPing and chatting. when I'm in there, I chat with my friends in there more then anything else. If she doesn't like it, I'll buy the account from you so it won't be as much waste of cash as it normally would ;)

you did say leisure activity right?
i wouldnt recommend any sort of mmorpg, because you know what those type of games lead too.
:rolleyes:

id recommend some old school emulators and games for her dell

lady you are getting ahead of yourself! she needs to get a feel of game play before she delves into that kind of game play. BABY STEPS :D

The sims is a pefect starter for a PERSON who is uneasy in gaming. It is fun and non threating for ANY begginer! :)

LadyJaqie said:
if you mean women, you need to stop saying 'chicks'. its like calling blacks n~~~ it's just demeaning.
Oh really? My gf calls other girls "chicks" all the time, and she's about as pro-women's rights as I've come across :confused:

I know a lot of girls who like The Sims 1/2...if she's not into RPGs or FPSs, that's a relatively safe choice. Go for the sequel if her box can handle it.

Unreal Tournament 2004? Oh wait, that's my girlfriend...

Sorry, just had to brag about having a hot geek girlfriend. She's even a [H]ard|OCP member!

Anyway, I'd suggest Myst, Rollercoaster Tycoon, or perhaps Alice. They're all good games, cheap, and should help you get her ramped up to the point that she can play FPS games with you. If you're into MMORPGs, try City of Heroes. It's much more user-friendly than most MMORPGs, and has a large female audience. Plus it's pretty fun for even hardcore gamers.

If you have a PS2 try Katamari Damacy or ICO (although the GTA games are for some reason hugely popular with the girls I know). For Gamcube pick up Mario Party or Wario Ware. For the Xbox try Crimson Skies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJaqie
Oh really? My gf calls other girls "chicks" all the time, and she's about as pro-women's rights as I've come across[/QUOTE] Its like this Im 39 and when i refer to MY OLD LADY it isn"t meant in a deragortory way, it just vernacular thats all!

Ashtaka said:
Stepmania

My GF is a Mario kinda girl, but I introduced her to DDR and she likes it.

Second that. www.stepmania.com

my lady friend likes that game... takes a little work to get a good collection of songs going, but it is fun, espeically with a USB dance mat.

The new rollercoaster tycoon is fun. You can actually 'ride the ride'. It has a view from the car of the ride. Plus making the guests hurl after they get off the ride is pretty humorous. Zoo Tycoon is fun, and it's not all "look at the cute fuzzy tigers". Drop a penguin in the polar bear arena if you wanna liven it up some.
But yea, whoever said, ask your girlfriend, is right. Why waste $30 - $50 on something she might use once and never again.

Sorry mods we went a little off topic but i have to say if your girlfriend is new to gaming and you you want her to develope an intrest so YOU both can share some quality time together the sims can be a hell of a lot of fun. they dont keep selling this game if it isn't. c'mon we are all guilty of indulging in this game at one time or another! :p

well to be honest, the way i got my girlfriend into gaming was with monopoly tycoon, we could play together, not against we would just build and i could help her while we played, that was such a fun game, i with they would make a new one

Well the original poster didn't mention what PLATFORM on his title therefore I wont limit suggestions to just the PC. (In no particular order)

1. Bust-A-Move----I think they have one for the xbox, but anyway this is a really fun game, and all my girlfriends love this game.

2. Dance Dance Revolution----This game has a ps1, ps2, and xbox version, and again, REALLY fun game ( this is my absolute favorite game, not to mention many other girls and guys are addicted to this, btw im a guy lol)

I think these games are heaps of fun, and not overly complicated. You girlfriend should like these games.

LadyJaqie said:

UMMMMM no fuckin way is calling a girl a "chick" just as derogatory as calling a black person a n****r ... Calling a girl a "chick" is only offensive when used in the most negative of ways, not in the way the previous poster worded it with a :cool: after it... Talk about getting really offended over nothing :rolleyes:

my girlfriend who has been PC gaming since doom and prefers FPS games would " lol " after seeing someone get offended over being called a chick, especially in the context it was used... She would also GASP at the fact that you just labelled chick as offensive as n****r ...

LadyJaqie said:
and no, it's not a 'no bariner', I *DETEST* the sims like I detest barney.

as per games liked, ask her.

Who cares what you detest? Perhaps with his experience with The Sims, he has seen many of the opposite sex drawn to that game? The Sims has been very popular with all audiences, and the fact is, The Sims has been very popular with females. Just take a look at the fansites for both the sims and the sims 2, many contributers and skinners are female, more obviously than males...

Did it ever occur to you that he doesn't ASK her because she either doesn't know the different genres of games, OR he wants to surprise her, AKA, a gift, AKA Christmas??

What I've found is, a lot of women love to play Mario Kart. It's simple, "cute", and way fun gameplay. They even enjoy winning when you let 'em...

Pharaoh. You can find it in the $5 bin at target. Best sim game ever, and since it was orriginally made for win 95, it'll even run on a dell.

Definitely The Sims 1 or 2. Lots of girls I know love those games.

The World of Warcraft guild I run has a husband and wife that both play it. MMORPG's are probably are a good type of game if you both want to play the same thing, and play it together.

[LYL]Homer said:
The World of Warcraft guild I run has a husband and wife that both play it.

thats cool, my girlfriend comes to lan parties with me, she has a good time i might add, even though she is the only female there

hmmm...my gf doesnt really like too many video games

platformers like ratchet and clank or sonic are good....for a lil while my girl loved call of duty...i tought her to lay in bushes with a sniper rifle and she actually was pretty good

she doesnt like rts games cuz she doesnt get things like build orders and complicated stuff like that...

she also hates the sims, or thinks its stupid rather

i guess they have their own tastes just like guys do

Think outside of the box sometimes (enough with sims2 shesh) ;)

My girlfriend and a few other girls I know love survival horror. Probably because there is a story, scare factor, and the puzzles.

I'd say adventure games too

Sam n Max (yes you can still buy it actually)
Resident evils
Myst
Syberia
The Thing
Silent Hill series
Adventure games like myst

anyway you get the idea.

I can't get my chick to play any games, no matter what. You have no idea how much money I've wasted on trying. Sims, Myst, DDR, Siberia on XBox, etc. One day she will enjoy a video game. This I vow!

OldPueblo said:
I can't get my chick to play any games, no matter what. You have no idea how much money I've wasted on trying. Sims, Myst, DDR, Siberia on XBox, etc. One day she will enjoy a video game. This I vow!

The trick to this is not talking to her when you're gaming. Just don't do it. Eventually she'll want to get into gaming just so that she can talk to you while you're playin'...

Back