I don't have much.

Aorus Master MB
Noctua DS15
EVGA 650P2
EVGA 1060 6gb
(2) nvme drives
(1) 860 Evo
(1) WD Black 4tb Sata

That's it. I don't need RGB or clear case or anything fancy. Just a nice case to keep it cool (I live in FL), VERY mild OC,

Any thoughts on a case? Cheaper is better :)

Thanks in advance

Fractal Design's Define C (ATX) or Fractal Define C mini (matx) are both really simple, clean cases.

You can generally find them for $70 or so. The ATX one appears to be suffering from low stock right now (I've been waiting for one). But I've seen the matx version in stock.

I just built a pair of machines with the Define R6. They're robust, building in them is quite easy, cable management is straightforward, the design is simple yet flexible, and they're very quiet.

Fractal Design Meshify C is a great option for airflow, They also have glass and non glass options.

Cases are a tough one though, since its what you see when you look at your PC its going to vary greatly based on what your tastes in PC cases are.

I'd like to say ditto to BoiseTech nod to the Meshify C, I swapped my GF over to this case maybe 4-5 months ago or so using my old 4690k's guts and this case was a joy to work in for a nice simple build like hers. I added a couple spare 120mm Corsair fans that were shipped to me by mistake from Amazon (wanted 140mm ones), and it's running great at a nice conservative 4.2GHz with the EVO 212 in push/pull config, and with my spare 1050Ti thrown in.

If I had to criticize one thing about the chassis, it was a chore getting the fully modular PS completely hooked up in place, the space is tight for sure since it sits snug next to the SSD/platter drive cage below the shroud pictured. I think this is a common thing though with chassis of this size though.

Other then that, she came out real clean!

20180811_112326.jpg

20180811_112347.jpg

20180813_200918.jpg

Edit: she wasn't feeling the DOOM background, but hey, you can only ask for so much :D

Double edit: Old Logitech G15 keyboard (Circa 2008, that old flip screen one), Logitech 500 + Steel Series QCKL mousepad not pictured.

Last edited:
I have the Meshify C now. It's actually pretty compact compared to other ATX cases which is why I like it. Previous to that, I had the NXZT S340 and the Phanteks P400. All of them have their pros and cons. I liked the P400 except for the complete lack of airflow in the front. The Meshify C has that angled mesh in the front I don't like, but it is smaller and has significantly better airflow. The S340 was just a box holding the computer. Nothing special about it.

I picked up the Thermaltake View 22 a couple days ago off Amazon for $50. Looked very similar to many models from other vendors that wanted $80-100 more. I should have it soon. For the price and features, it was hard to say no! Plus, I needed a larger case so I could drop in a Corsair H110 GTX AiO that I won here a few years ago.

Back