Silverstone SST-FT03-Mini (Mini-Itx)

re the modular PSU:

"If everything goes according to plan, we can expect deliver around July."

Hey, really nice looking machine you got going there... Had a couple questions if you got the time yo:

Considering building almost the exact same thing, but with a asus p8z77-i deluxe, and the upcoming modular 450 gold psu...

I wasn't aware that the Galaxy GTX680 actually fit in that case. Either my card length measurement was over or the maximum expansion card length listed was wrong.

So my 3 questions would be...

a) is there room to snake an ide/ata cable up past the psu unit, or between the chassis and casing? (going to use a mini-pcie to pcie adapter card to install pcie sound card)

b) is there room to put a 140mm fan on top of/underneath the h70 rad? (guessing the h80 doesn't fit)

c) is there room between the chassis and casing for a 2.5 slot width card like the gainward gtx 670 phantom? (guessing no, the walls seem pretty close)

sorry for the silly questions, don't mean to seem novice. going to be buying one of these and a new nvidia card sometime soon and been playing w/all kinds of ideas.

542519_300138103404247_109532382464821_669570_1747553731_n.jpg

c) is there room between the chassis and casing for a 2.5 slot width card like the gainward gtx 670 phantom? (guessing no, the walls seem pretty close)

i have a 560ti phantom and the 2.5 slot shroud fits with a few mm to spare in the SG05. although the 670 shroud is longer, it has the same width.

b) is there room to put a 140mm fan on top of/underneath the h70 rad? (guessing the h80 doesn't fit)

The 140mm fan sits on the underside of the case and the rad would be in the case, you would not be able to fit a 140mm fan on top of the rad. But a 120mm fan would be able to fit if you sacrifice the 3.5" drive bay and 2.5" drive bay that sits directly above the rad. Also a h80 would be able to fit if you sacrifice the said drive bays.

Just wanted to share a few pictures of my new case.

RhIzfl.jpg

next to a Lian Li Q11

8obHol.jpg

7Jht5l.jpg

cable management was slightly easier compared to the Q11 as i had to be less creative when it came to finding places for the cables. A major plus coming from the Q11 is the ease at which the FT03 mini breaks down, no more unscrewing 8 screws to get to the innards.

Specs: ASUS P8Z77-I, i5 2500k, 8gb mushkin ram, Silverstone ST45SF 450 watt psu, GTX 460, Corsair H60, Crucial 64gb ssd, Seagate Constellation 1tb 2.5" HDD.

i have my 2500k clocked to 4.3 @ 1.288 volts, temps stay in the low 30s idle and jump to 60 at load with LinX.

Thanks for the information Rhoptowit and WiSK!

Think I'll pick up an H70 and Noctua 140mm for the bottom, pretty sure I need the drive bays.

Probably won't pick up the Gainward 670 phantom after consideration. It's hard to find them in canada and i'm concerned about having such little space between the case and the card. Galaxy 670 GC looks good too.

Also, still hoping someone who has this case can confirm that there's like 1mm or so of space between the case and chassis so i can sneakily sneak a ribbon cable up past the i/o shield on the top (around the sides of the chassis)

Really psyched about this case, cannot wait to build. Thanks again for the information people.

^did you mean the h60? the h70 wont fit unless you take out the drive bays i mentioned due to its thicker rad.

also just checked about your first question, yes there is room for the cable but getting the connector through the small gap is impossible without taking off the side panel holding the mobo. i tired slipping a sata cale through, the cable/wire part will fit just fine but the actual sata connection will not fit through the gap.

i have not tried taking that particular side panel off, not to sure if its held in place with screws or not. but if you can get that panel off then yea you cloud sneak a cable through the gap.

the screenshots of dreamwonder's build have a corsair h70 installed. are you saying it doesn't fit? the h80 was the one i was informed wouldn't fit.

The pictures by dreamwonder on page 6 show a corsair h70 mounted with a galaxy gtx 680 gc. it doesn't show the hdd/sdd/odd connected but it looks like it'll fit. is this not the case?

Link to the post. Not everyone has the same number of posts showing on each page (this thread only has 4 pages with my settings).

DSC01675.jpg

Looks like the H60 to me.

I think that's the H50 - the H60 has a square block/pump assembly.

Yeah, you're right. I completely forgot about the shape of the pump / block.

how are people fixing down the H50/H60 radiator in this case given that the fan is a 140mm?

how are people fixing down the H50/H60 radiator in this case given that the fan is a 140mm?
This is not like the SG07/08 where you have to DIY fit the radiators under the AP181 -- in the FT03-Mini the AP141 is on the bottom exterior of the case. On the bottom inside, Silverstone has purposely made fittings for the the Corsair/Antec radiators.

might be a moot point, but the H40 doesn't have crimped hosing, H50 has a square block, H60 has a square block, h80 has a square block, it's definitely not an h100...

unless i'm overtired, that seems like it can be only an h70... that being said, it doesn't have the drive tray mounted so i'm not 100% sure it'll fit either.

just looked up some radiator dimensions for the H series coolers... can anyone confirm that the H80 doesn't fit without removing the HDD/SDD/ODD?

Last edited:
This is not like the SG07/08 where you have to DIY fit the radiators under the AP181 -- in the FT03-Mini the AP141 is on the bottom exterior of the case. On the bottom inside, Silverstone has purposely made fittings for the the Corsair/Antec radiators.
nice, i did not know that.

so pretty much any inch thick 120mm rad will work?

nice, i did not know that.

so pretty much any inch thick 120mm rad will work?
Technically, any 120mm radiator can be installed. However in regards to blocking the drive bays, I'm not sure what the hight limitations are.

Technically, any 120mm radiator can be installed. However in regards to blocking the drive bays, I'm not sure what the hight limitations are.

Yeah, this feels like the real question to me. The H70 core radiator seems to be slightly taller(?) than the H80 one... This stands to reason that pretty much all of them will fit, but I'm not sure.

might be a moot point, but the H40 doesn't have crimped hosing, H50 has a square block, H60 has a square block, h80 has a square block, it's definitely not an h100...

unless i'm overtired, that seems like it can be only an h70... that being said, it doesn't have the drive tray mounted so i'm not 100% sure it'll fit either.

just looked up some radiator dimensions for the H series coolers... can anyone confirm that the H80 doesn't fit without removing the HDD/SDD/ODD?

Corsair H50 has the tall, round block:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181009

Enjoyed the review, read it at work yesterday. Little underwhelmed w/their test system, but looks like a great case. The 2 things I would really love to know about this case is the distance from the bottom of the "front panel" to the bottom of the plastic gridded case cover, and the maximum thickness of a radiator before it interferes with the drive bays. Gonna pick one up anyway I think, too legit for looks/features/space efficiency.

edit:// relevant thread cross-linked to this one

Last edited:
Which water cooling systems work with this chassis? Looks like we've seen Corsair H50, H60, and maybe Antec 620?

Which water cooling systems work with this chassis? Looks like we've seen Corsair H50, H60, and maybe Antec 620?

The guy building the "Griffin" in that link I linked put a Kuhler 620 in his. Not sure what the actual radiator clearance on the case is, but that one barely fits.

looks like he had to mod the bracket though...

yeah he did have to mod the bracket, radiator fit in the bottom of the case without issue though.

related:// this guy fit the 620 cooler on a asrock z77e-itx without any dremel. probably gonna get the asrock board over the asus because i'm poor.

yeah he did have to mod the bracket, radiator fit in the bottom of the case without issue though.

related:// this guy fit the 620 cooler on a asrock z77e-itx without any dremel. probably gonna get the asrock board over the asus because i'm poor.

good find! i had the same thinking, trying to save everywhere i can.

now that looked stupid, how can they put the pump at the highest point?

In a closed-loop system, such as these compact colling systems, with no reservoirs, and virtually no air (other than intrained air-molecules), you can mount it in any orientation you like. No problem. It's when you introduce reservoirs with air-space present, that you invite trouble.

Cannot see anything wrong with where that pump was mounted ;)

I have a question.

I plan on using this case for an upcoming build and need to know if my current PSU will be able to fit. It's a standard SFX design by SeaSonic with the exact same dimensions as the SILVERSTONE ST45SF 450W. The only problem is that the 80mm fan on top protrudes outwards from the rest of the PSU by an extra half inch. My main concerns would be the cables connected to the top I/O panel (the one built into the case) would get in the way, and whether it could actually reach the mounting points without hitting the case's frame first. If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

As a side note I will only be using the stock cooler from Intel so the loss in clearance above the CPU isn't a very big loss for me.

Link to my SeaSonic unit I plan on using:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151089

Link to the spec sheet for the SeaSonic:
http://www.seasonic.com/pdf/datasheet/NEW/Bulk/PC/SFX/SS-300 SFD Active PFC.pdf

Link to the Silverstone unit I mentioned as a reference:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256063

Last edited:
I have a question.

I plan on using this case for an upcoming build and need to know if my current PSU will be able to fit. It's a standard SFX design by SeaSonic with the exact same dimensions as the SILVERSTONE ST45SF 450W. The only problem is that the 80mm fan on top protrudes outwards from the rest of the PSU by an extra half inch. My main concerns would be the cables connected to the top I/O panel (the one built into the case) would get in the way, and whether the it could actually reach the mounting points without hitting the case's frame first. If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

As a side note I will only be using the stock cooler from Intel so the loss in clearance above the CPU isn't a very big loss for me.

Link to my SeaSonic unit I plan on using:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151089

Link to the spec sheet for the SeaSonic:
http://www.seasonic.com/pdf/datasheet/NEW/Bulk/PC/SFX/SS-300 SFD Active PFC.pdf

Link to the Silverstone unit I mentioned as a reference:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256063

you will need a low profile cpu heatsink to use it or use of watercooling

Jen

you will need a low profile cpu heatsink to use it or use of watercooling

Jen

Yeah, I figured that I might have to anyway because of the PCIe placement on my board. I'll look into it, thanks.

Silverstone messed this one up... :mad:

114080-silverstone-ft03-mini.png

WHY not having the PSU at the bottom?! You could have had a HR-02 in there!

Wow. That's alot of empty space between the PSU and the bottom of the case. Is it really like that once fully loaded?

Wow. That's alot of empty space between the PSU and the bottom of the case. Is it really like that once fully loaded?

what your not seeing is the optical drive cage and the 3.5 drive cage along with the 2.5 . that all goes in that open area if you wish to use it

Jen

Ah that makes sense. Still trying to decide now between the FT03-Mini and the BitFenix Prodigy. The Prodigy is bigger in every dimension than the original FT03 (I'm using now).

I'm thinking of going smaller w/ an ITX board, but if the ITX case is bigger than my previous case (mATX) it doesn't make sense.

I'm just hung up on the PSU choice for the FT03-Mini. Would the 600W PSU from a SG08 fit in the FT03-Mini?

Back