Silverstone SST-FT03-Mini (Mini-Itx)

Despite being told last year that the FT03 Mini hadn't been discontinued, it sure looks that way because it has disappeared from virtually every retailer save for Newegg. Silverstone did show off the SG14 at CES 2017 a few months ago which looks to be the successor. Think of it as the FT03 Mini but with windows. All in all a big step backwards in my opinion.

I have both a FT03 and a FT03 mini. If the FT03mini is discontinued, then it comes as no surprise to me. While it did somewhat resolve the issue of loose panels on the FT03 (when being moved), it also kills ones of the key things I liked about the FT03: space for a large CPU tower cooler, because it moved the PSU to the same location it is (relatively) to the SG05 (which I also have two of).

Sure, the new placement allows for a largeish fan at the bottom, but that just means the noisemaker is on the bottom of the case. A case that is likely to be put on a desk. Meaning the noisemaker is put right up against a hard surface. I would have preferred a 120mm up top and a 120mm on the side (like the FT03 fullsize), rather than a 140mm on the bottom.

However, as it is, the FT03 mini is just a SG05 (or one of the longer variants of it), flipped 90 degrees. Nothing special, and because the fan mount is below the case, it means there is no space for a long GPU (despite the case being very tall, relatively speaking). The bottom two-three inches of the case is just a space exclusive to the bottom fan and clearance for the fan.

TL;DR, the FT03 mini only superficially resembles a FT03 in functionality, and has all of the downsides of earlier Silverstone mITX cases.

That being said, Jedibeeftrix, if you remove the Optical drive caddy, you can fit a long PSU. However, removing the ODD caddy nixes the 3.5 HDD caddy and one of the 2.5" drive mounts (which leaves you with just one 2.5" drive mount, though M.2 is rather popular nowadays, so it may not be a big deal).

EDIT: it appears the SG14 fixes none of these issues, and is actually even bulkier. Such a shame. I like the case concept for the FT03 and FT03 mini, but both have such botched use of space

Last edited:
Despite being told last year that the FT03 Mini hadn't been discontinued, it sure looks that way because it has disappeared from virtually every retailer save for Newegg. Silverstone did show off the SG14 at CES 2017 a few months ago which looks to be the successor. Think of it as the FT03 Mini but with windows. All in all a big step backwards in my opinion.

We've started implementing "BUY NOW" buttons to our website so those of you in the US can easily check which case model is in stock at which stores. The FT03-MINI is still selling at multiple stores if you check now:
http://silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=333

We've started implementing "BUY NOW" buttons to our website so those of you in the US can easily check which case model is in stock at which stores. The FT03-MINI is still selling at multiple stores if you check now:
http://silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=333

When I click that button I only see 4 stores coming up with stock for the black one and 2 stores with silver stock and other than Newegg/Amazon I've never heard of the others. Are there supposed to be more?

When I click that button I only see 4 stores coming up with stock for the black one and 2 stores with silver stock and other than Newegg/Amazon I've never heard of the others. Are there supposed to be more?

Not all stores in the US will show up in that "BUY NOW" button at this time. They all should be reputable though.

Back