Silverstone SG10

Warning, the Corsair H80i does not work well in this case in combination with the ASUS Gryphon z87 board.

The radiator will only fits in one orientation that doesn't hit the top fan or the heat sinks on the mother board or prevents the case from closing. However, in that one position it goes over the first PCIE 3.0 slot. You will have to move your video card all the way to the last PCIE slot so there goes any chance of using a second GPU card.

Furthermore, you will have to remove the bottom fan that attaches to the GPU fan area if you install an AX850. The fan is 25mm in width and hits the power cord going into the power supply. You will be unable to close that compartment without damaging the cord connector or the fan.

I am ordering some Noctua slim 92m fans that are not only dead silent but slimmer. The fanes on the GPU fan side can take 80 or 92's with the 120 slot compatible with a 92 mm fan as well.

Case is gorgeous and the wire management is awesome. This is my favorite built ever. Can't wait for the 780 GTX to arrive from the step up program. I will be sending back the H80I and buying the HE01 which according to [H] is equal or better to the H80i. (I prefer the H80i since this is Miami, FL and water cooling works better when there is a lack of cool air.)

These are the fans I'm ordering. Noctua NF-A9x14.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009NQM7V2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A21UKLVMUAO7H3

And this cooler: HE01
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008N8GELA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I may not ever do SLI/CFX however after selling my last rig (everything sold as once) I know this will be a problem soon or later.

HE01 VS H80i from [H]
http://hardocp.com/article/2013/02/...s_h80i_h100i_cpu_cooler_review/4#.UbyjlhbBxSU

Hope this helps any of you out there with this case or looking to buy it.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Warning, the Corsair H80i does not work well in this case in combination with the ASUS Gryphon z87 board.

The radiator will only fits in one orientation that doesn't hit the top fan or the heat sinks on the mother board or prevents the case from closing. However, in that one position it goes over the first PCIE 3.0 slot. You will have to move your video card all the way to the last PCIE slot so there goes any chance of using a second GPU card.

Furthermore, you will have to remove the bottom fan that attaches to the GPU fan area if you install an AX850. The fan is 25mm in width and hits the power cord going into the power supply. You will be unable to close that compartment without damaging the cord connector or the fan.

I am ordering some Noctua slim 92m fans that are not only dead silent but slimmer. The fanes on the GPU fan side can take 80 or 92's with the 120 slot compatible with a 92 mm fan as well.

Case is gorgeous and the wire management is awesome. This is my favorite built ever. Can't wait for the 780 GTX to arrive from the step up program. I will be sending back the H80I and buying the HE01 which according to [H] is equal or better to the H80i. (I prefer the H80i since this is Miami, FL and water cooling works better when there is a lack of cool air.)

These are the fans I'm ordering. Noctua NF-A9x14.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009NQM7V2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A21UKLVMUAO7H3

And this cooler: HE01
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008N8GELA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I may not ever do SLI/CFX however after selling my last rig (everything sold as once) I know this will be a problem soon or later.

HE01 VS H80i from [H]
http://hardocp.com/article/2013/02/...s_h80i_h100i_cpu_cooler_review/4#.UbyjlhbBxSU

Hope this helps any of you out there with this case or looking to buy it.

Thanks, that helped me a lot. I was debating between the h60 and the h80 with the same board. Just ordered it all :)

i went with the NH-U12s. It arrives today sometime, tomorrow cpu comes in and i can finally get to building. Bought all Noctua fans for the case 2x92mm, 1x80mm, 3x120mm. So those along with the Silverstone 180 should provide great quiet airflow. The only reason why I didnt go with the larger cooler like yourself martin, was all about the "i may wanna go SLI in the future". I do have an H80 brand new in the box should the NH-U12s not do enough. But as of now, I have high hopes for it.

Since I had opened it, I decided to try it out. The H80i in quiet mode is so quiet I'm thinking of just using the H80i. Though I looked at the NH-U12s and I'm liking the look of it. It looks like it doesn't obstruct the first memory slot. The HE01 appears to obstruct it so that's out of the question. I may or may not go SLI/CFX however I know for sure I will be going up to 32 GBs of ram. I'll have to do further research on finding a cooler that doesn't obstruct the first memory slot. (Most likely using that NH-U12s once I read up more on it.)

Something that concerns me is that I'm in Miami, Florida. I've heard that in hot climates water cooling (closed loop) is better than air cooling. Searched Google however all that pops up are forum threads with people arguing each other.

Last edited:
yea martin, i got the NH-U12s in today and man is it a fine piece of kit. One of the reason I bought it was that it doesnt obstruct the first slot. And it clears any type of ram you can throw at it. Very good numbers in cooling for its size. Im really hoping its enough to be able to push the 3930k. It came with the good NT1 thermal paste, and all kinds of accessories including 2nd fan brackets. Im definitely gonna run it in push/pull. The wildcard is the 180mm case fan. Im gonna run a bunch of different tests to see whether to use it as intake or exhaust. Right now, im leaning to intake. The 80mm on the bottom can help draw away any extra hot air from the vid. And those two 92's and the 120 coming in should do well.

Some SG10 pron.. Excuse the crappy wiring and phone picture, I need to wire manage this again once I decide if I'm going to keep the Corsair cooler.

Last edited:
Got the H80i to fit well. Just had to bend the 180mm fan bracket ever so slightly. Details in my build thread ;)
9313433335_52a241c54f_b.jpg

Damn wish I had seen this thread. Just got most of my parts in (other than my mobo). I had planned to eventually go SLI/CF but if hte H80i blocks it...may just have to mod the top fan/find a thinner one or just buy a single beast GPU and keep it in the lower slot.

Damn wish I had seen this thread. Just got most of my parts in (other than my mobo). I had planned to eventually go SLI/CF but if hte H80i blocks it...may just have to mod the top fan/find a thinner one or just buy a single beast GPU and keep it in the lower slot.

:confused:
It fits fine. I am planning on running SLI when the IB-E procs are released.

Can anyone recommend where to put the temperature probes that came with the Asus Gryphon?

Soo, is it worth paying 30% more than SG09? I can't decide if it's less ugly just by looking on photos and I can't find it locally to put my hands on :(

Soo, is it worth paying 30% more than SG09? I can't decide if it's less ugly just by looking on photos and I can't find it locally to put my hands on :(

Where are you seeing that the SG10 is 30% more expensive than the SG09 :eek:?

Where are you seeing that the SG10 is 30% more expensive than the SG09 :eek:?

EU. SG10 is not as well supplied as SG09 yet, so the price is kinda meh.
But I need to buy a case ASAP, so I'm wondering if the price difference is worth it.

Side question - can anyone suggest similar but a lot better looking case in similar (or lower) price range? It can be a few liters larger, that's not a deal breaker.

EU. SG10 is not as well supplied as SG09 yet, so the price is kinda meh.
But I need to buy a case ASAP, so I'm wondering if the price difference is worth it.

Side question - can anyone suggest similar but a lot better looking case in similar (or lower) price range? It can be a few liters larger, that's not a deal breaker.

Well, I bought it anyway. Big and ugly. Everything fits nicely, however with my parts choice (still mATX), the case could be a lot smaller.

So, I guess it's time for an mITX build now.

Last edited:
Back