Silverstone SG10

I really want this case for my HTPC/Emulator setup!

At first I was going to buy the Streacom FC8 Evo w/ optical drive slot, but that has been delayed twice now - not due till March.

Now my plans have changed somewhat.. instead of going for a strictly movie-based HTPC w/ i3 processor, I want to purchase an i5 and o/c it so I can also play gamecube/wii games.
This case looks like it will suit my o/cing needs, while still staying compact.

Have you guys ever run into a situation where you are waiting for the arrival of a certain case?
Right now I am thinking of purchasing all the other components, stuffing them into an unused midtower case, and just moving everything over when the SG10 is available.

Can you think of other mini-itx/atx cases that offer plenty of cooling + slot-loading drive port?

Thanks.

There's always the SG09 if you want that same exact layout but don't mind the front design.

You might also want to look into the FT03 and FT03-mini.

Quickstrike: I can't stress enough how important a case is for an SFF-system so if you decided on the SG10 and know it's a good fit (hardware-compatibility-wise), best is to wait a while and like you already suggested, just use a random interim case.

Right now I am thinking of purchasing all the other components, stuffing them into an unused midtower case, and just moving everything over when the SG10 is available.

Currently using an Antec Solo and waiting for the SG10. All the parts are up and running, except the DVD drive, I'll buy that with the case.

when is it actually AVAILABLE though? Cant find it listed anywhere I've checked. All show the 09 still.

Sorry! It takes a little bit more time for the cases to reach North America and Europe than rest of the world. But I expect SG10 to be available sometimes next week for North America and in June for Europe.

This case looks sweet, paired with a ASUS Maximus VI GeneZ, i7 4770k, and a 7970 or higher is going to be an awesome combo. My sugo sg05 zotac 9300, q9450, 8800gt build from 4-5 years ago is no longer fast enough for an htpc build now that it has a 4k display to drive and I don't think any graphics cards these days that can do 4k hdmi can fit in the sg05 either so time to upgrade... Hopefully all the parts will be out in a month.

Last edited:
Sorry! It takes a little bit more time for the cases to reach North America and Europe than rest of the world. But I expect SG10 to be available sometimes next week for North America and in June for Europe.

Thank you very much for the info Tony, I appreciate it.

This case looks sweet, paired with a ASUS Maximus VI GeneZ, i7 4770k, and a 7970 or higher is going to be an awesome combo. My sugo sg05 zotac 9300, q9450, 8800gt build from 4-5 years ago is no longer fast enough for an htpc build now that it has a 4k display to drive and I don't think any graphics cards these days that can do 4k hdmi can fit in the sg05 either so time to upgrade... Hopefully all the parts will be out in a month.

Waiting to do the same thing. Will use a 680 or 770 for vid. As soon as they show on amazon the buying begins. I have used the SG09 on a build for my mother.

this is what the sg09 should have looked like in the first place

and still waiting............ the phrase "shutup and take my money" is weakening fast. Soon those dollars will go to another company.

Anyone fit a h110 or other water cooler in a sg09 or think one will fit in this case? I guess I could always mount one above the case somehow too.

Last edited:
I have an evil mastermind plan to SLI two Titans in one of these. Will document pictorially IF THEY EVER SELL ME ONE!

well, I got a reply back from the good folks over at NCIX.com regarding the case. Here it is:

"Thank you for contacting us regarding Silverstone Sugo SG10 Micro-ATX case. Please check on our web site for update by the end of next week the week after ie (May 24, 2013 - May 28, 2013)

Thank you for choosing NCIX US and if there’s anything else I can help you with please let me know."

So we are looking at after the 28th of May sometime. Of course Memorial Day will delay orders DOH! But atleast we have a timeframe.

am i the only one who thinks that SG09 looks better ? :S

edit : hm it must be the picture quality
110a.jpg
can't wait for the user reviews and videos :D

What I want to know is if I can mount a H220 on the triple fan slot location. Looks like there might be enough space between it and the top of the GPUs.

ordered from NCIX today. Amazon showed a listing for it, but says it was out of stock, so NCIX is the place.

I'm glad they changed the SG09's front design, but it appears that whoever left their doormat on the top cover forgot to pick it up.

Still waiting in the EU :(

that sucks seriously. I have been waiting for what seemed an eternity after seeing the announcement of the case. Mine arrives Friday, hope it was worth the wait.

What is the largest air HSF that I can fit in the case while also having a 25mm rad + 25mm fan mounted on the rear exhaust?

I want to have a CLC for my GPU, but I don't want to compromise CPU cooling.

Any word on if this works?

might be possible if the fans are on the exterior. Havent done any kind of measuring so its a eyeball guess at this point. The biggest problem I could see is the 120mm fan area on the right. The PSU framing may be an issue once a rad + fan were mounted.

I will measure in a couple days when I receive mine. I was thinking about running a passive radiator, with a custom sealed air gap between the radiator and interior case side. Then using the other fans to funnel air in and out through the radiator. Requires sealing everything, but it would allow a rather large radiator inside the case.

Just picked up the case at the egg. The front cover is a lot nicer than than in the photo.

Case feels good and sturdy. Looks great. Lot of room in it.
Maybe 50mm (2") between the top of a video card power ATX connector and the side of the case. Still waiting for my mobo to show before I can get an accurate measurement.
Only gripe so far is the screws for the rear 120mm fan are rusted. :rolleyes:

I'm curious about the idea of having a large AIO liquid cooler on the side panel.

Maybe you could have a Silverstone TD02 mounted on the inside of the side panel and have a 120 mm and two 92 mm fans on the outside pushing fresh air right into the radiator?

kHrnjJU.jpg

It would have to turn out to be more efficient than an air cooler (such as the Silverstone HE01) to really be worth the inconvenience of having fans on the outside of the case, but it sure does have a nerd factor to it :D. Another concern is that it might suffocate dual gpus too much and make them not boost their clock speeds all that much. But having the 180 mm top fan set to exhaust might give enough airflow for the cpu and gpus.

Do you guys think a TD03 will fit with a push/pull configuration inside the case? If not, then maybe with the pulling fan on the outside?

2VuFZzQ.jpg

not a bad concept vero. I was actually thinking of a possible way to bottom mount a fan for intake on the case bottom for fresh air to the videocard(s). Just simply use taller leg standoffs for the needed clearance.

What im really interested is taking a look at the 180mm fan area and seeing what can be done for a radiator there. Someone needs to seriously make a AIO cooling solution(an off the shelf package) in that size. A shroud around the exposed radiator on top could easily be hand formed and constructed.

your rad would be external in doing so. better fit would be in the far right 120mm fan slot on the VGA intake side(left side facing the case). You just might be able to go push/pull there, one fan would need to be external. What would be awesome is a rad that has a surface area the size of both 92mm fan slots. Putting a vga cooler there would be excellent. Opening and closing the case would require unmounting the rad. That would be the only problem i could see really.

your rad would be external in doing so. better fit would be in the far right 120mm fan slot on the VGA intake side(left side facing the case). You just might be able to go push/pull there, one fan would need to be external. What would be awesome is a rad that has a surface area the size of both 92mm fan slots. Putting a vga cooler there would be excellent. Opening and closing the case would require unmounting the rad. That would be the only problem i could see really.

PSU or VGA card would likely be in the way.
Not sure why the power cable in the case is so long, I am cutting like 8" off of it lol.
Wish my motherboard was here already -_-

I'm glad they changed the SG09's front design, but it appears that whoever left their doormat on the top cover forgot to pick it up.
:) My thoughts exactly. Damn I hate extruded fan grills, just have them flush dammit.

Always thought that Micro ATX cases could be so much smaller, wasn't even aware of the SG09 but looking at it now I wouldn't have been interested. There's still some faults with the design of the SG10 (speaking of aesthetics mostly), but IMO it's a big improvement. If this was available I'm not sure I would have gone with the SG05 setup I just built two weeks ago.

Damn that huge Silverstone logo though. It's nice and unobtrusive on my SG05, but whenever I see it I think of wood-paneled VCR's from the 70's for some reason. Just something so anachronistic about it to my eyes.

Miraculously I was able to install SLI Titans in this case with no problems. I ran into a separate issue with clearance on the CPU cooler I purchased, but that was because I was greedy and got a Thermaltake Silver Arrow SB-E. I had to move from the larger to the smaller included fan, and bend one of the sides of flanges to fit it in. Cooling is still well within expectation, though, so I'm extremely happy.

thats awesome to hear you got 2 Titans in there. I finally made my cpu/mobo purchase and went with the 3930k too.

Ordered this case off of newegg. Can't wait until I arrives. I would of ordered off of Amazon but they wouldn't ship it until Mid June. What is up with that?!)

Can't wait to build my first SFF computer especially coming from a Raven R2 this should be quite a change. Got all the parts in just waiting own the case. Sadly my step up EVGA won't arrive until next Wednesday (great program by the way.) Doubting I'll surround gaming. Tried it with World of Warcraft and Day Z and it gets me nauseous. The sides are stretched as if it were fish eyes or something.

Corsair Vengeance Pro (red) 1866 8 GB X 2
Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB
Asus Gryphon Z87 mAtx
Intel 4770K
Corsair AX850

Back