• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

SilverStone Fortress FT03

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
This SilverStone Fortress FT03 micro-ATX case looks pretty neat (figuratively and literally). I really like the way the cables come out the bottom and the way it hides the DVD drive for an ultra clean look. Head on over to Phoronix for the complete rundown.

SilverStone Technology has been producing computer enclosures for years, yet they seem to always drive a new level of innovation into their products, and is why they're one of the few enclosure manufacturers to be featured on Phoronix. After being fascinated by their small form factor Sugo enclosures in the past, they introduced a SFF Fortress enclosure, which is easily one of the most unique micro-ATX enclosures."
 
I own the SilverStone Fortress FT02. I have to say that it has been the best case I have ever worked with.
I considered the FT03 but figured I was not short on space, I might as well get the full size fortress. The FT02 pushes a mad amount of air and is extremely quiet. I would think the FT03 would be just as efficient but in a smaller form factor.
On a side note, I love how the mobo is turned 90 degrees and all the connectors come out of the top. It makes for easy setup and hardware changes.
 
It's the fanciest trashcan ever. Be original, buy a trashcan case so when someone thinks it is a piece of junk/shit it looks the part!
 
The deal-breaker for me on this case is the slot-load optical drive requirement.
It's stylish, but finding a slot-load slim BD drive is an expensive task.
If I knew for sure that I could mill out the slot to use a tray load drive, I might still consider it.
 
It's the fanciest trashcan ever. Be original, buy a trashcan case so when someone thinks it is a piece of junk/shit it looks the part!

I've been using this case for a month or two now.
Despite some initial reservations the two WD raptors I put in it and a 6950 are all running cool. Its lines are clean, its fans are quiet, its desk footprint is small. It is the perfect case.

I was going to get an FT2 until I discovered how pointlessly oversized it is. Be original, buy a giant case so when someone thinks you have a tiny wang, your case is confirmation.
 
The deal-breaker for me on this case is the slot-load optical drive requirement.
It's stylish, but finding a slot-load slim BD drive is an expensive task.
If I knew for sure that I could mill out the slot to use a tray load drive, I might still consider it.

Do you use any kind of BD or DVD-rom everyday? If you don't, why bother? Just get something USB and be done with it :D:D
 
Do you use any kind of BD or DVD-rom everyday? If you don't, why bother? Just get something USB and be done with it :D:D

i used a usb to install os, and to install crysis 2, but other than that havent used it. but i am continuously eyeballing the slot load bdroms.

seems like already spent so much on build, love it. whats extra 80 bux to throw at a drive to complete the build.

:p
 
Back
Top