Signal coming through computer/speakers - driving me crazy

drdeutsch

2[H]4U
Hi all,

Been having this problem for some time, but now it's becoming more and more frequent and starting to get really annoying.

There is some sort of signal coming through my computer speakers. It's the same signal every single time and it's a series of beeps, sort of like morse code. It occurs about once every minute or so.

I'm really at a loss as to what is causing it. Is there something wrong with the case? With the hardware? With the speakers? How the hell can I get rid of this?

Logitech s200 speakers
Asus A8N-SLI Premium
Athlon X2 4400+ (s939)
4gb DDR RAM
Assorted WD Hard drives... about 2TB
Radion 4890

its some interference around you...
cellphone or something

it's like a:
derpaderp derpaderp derp derp

right?.. lol ._.

yeah mine make noise to when i have my cellphone near. not exactly what i'd classify as a beep.. but yeh

Yeah, it's a derpaderp derpadert derp derp sound.

Any settings I can change on the cell phone to cut this shit out? We aren't receiving any calls while this is happening, bluetooth and wifi are turned off.

Any way to fix these speakers? If I buy better ones, would the noise go away?

Keep the cell phone away from the amplifier or analogue leads going into it.
Try rotating the cellphone as the transmission pattern strength is not even.
If it occurs only when using an analogue input connection, better shielded lead(s) may help.

The speaker wires and non shielded speakers shouldnt be anything to do with this unless you have speakers with built in amps.
The speakers cones or the wires to the speaker cones are not sensitive enough to pick up the signal (so you can hear it), only a low level analogue input or the amp itself will pick it up and make it audible.

Well I get the same problem with my Logitech X240 speakers with any GSM based phone (AT&T, T-Mobile, etc) while most CDMA based phones don't cause the problem at all.

But rather then switch cell phone service or get new speakers, just keep the phone away from the speakers. Usually a foot or two away works for me.

Thanks, I'll try moving the phone. It generally sits about 3 feet away from the subwoofer and a foot away from the right speaker. I'll try keeping it in the other room and see if that helps.

Back