Sideways PC mod ! One big pic !

Status
Not open for further replies.
the intresting side storey to this neat mod is how people think they are sooo right about something, and are wrong. I'm sure some of you looked over the second set of pics very carefully, to see if anything was fishy. The thing is if the second pics had come along with the first there would be no question. Doubt was installed through the power of suggestion and along came the drama. But in the end what does it matter if it is or isnt a real mod to me or you? Is it so important to 'catch someone at something' that we as a community are willing to live with a lack of trust and respect for one another? Our society is fracturing over this in every way. When did anything we arent sure of become so threatining?

The first pic looked weird, bad angle, bad lighting etc. Some took the resonable route and asked for a better view, but some made it their mission to publicly expose the guy as a fraud. The only thing these accusers exposed is the new standerd in entertainment. There is a lust to make pain humiliation and suffering that standered, that which is kind and caring does not satisfy us in the least. I'm not surprised that many people do not feal they are being entertained unless someone else is hurting. Nearly all our media be it movies, tv, or video games, is centered around real or imagined suffering of others. even the comedys on tv, nearly all the jokes are about someones misery.

I still love to put peeps on their ass in vids, make them wait to respawn and shout 'take that bitch!' so my roomates know I just pwnd another. But we all need to draw a line somewhere, there is a time and place to be aggressive and a time and place to be supportive.

Games=aggresive, go for it, take no shit but give a ton!

Forums=dude, be chill. Think before you speak, respect others untill you have cause not to, or you will get no respect yourself.

and back to the thread topic, cool mod G!

Wrench00 said:
Don't mean to be rude but that pic looks totally Photochoped.

It is....parts of it stick out wrong and the cables go the wrong way cause the connectors would be further left on the drives

ray4389 said:
It is....parts of it stick out wrong and the cables go the wrong way cause the connectors would be further left on the drives

The internet is a "special thing" isn't it.

ray4389 said:

Huh? Are you seriously still debating this? Even with the inside pics showing the "rough and ready to rips a finger open" cuts?

galland, I guess you will have to take all this PS BS as a compliment. Good job! Again!

More pics were all that were required. Now that Galland supplied them, my initial reaction of "it's a photochop" has been overturned. As soon as I saw the empty cage, that cleared up any doubt.

You have to admit though, posting *one* picture that looks a little odd would make (and did make) a lot of people suspicious. How many pics that are "real" on the internet have turned out to be BS?

Now that it's beyond debate, people need to give it up.

I will admit I was proven wrong, everyone else should too ;).

People who say this is photochopped obviously have very little expierence with photoshop. You can even see the marks on the bottom where he cut it... obviously real

haha it is real for sure. this is my boss that did this mod, i saw it in RL, with my own two beadie eyes, shame on you n00bs that screamed photochopped, and nice job boss! :)

AngelEyes said:
the intresting side storey to this neat mod is how people think they are sooo right about something, and are wrong. I'm sure some of you looked over the second set of pics very carefully, to see if anything was fishy. The thing is if the second pics had come along with the first there would be no question. Doubt was installed through the power of suggestion and along came the drama. But in the end what does it matter if it is or isnt a real mod to me or you? Is it so important to 'catch someone at something' that we as a community are willing to live with a lack of trust and respect for one another? Our society is fracturing over this in every way. When did anything we arent sure of become so threatining?

The first pic looked weird, bad angle, bad lighting etc. Some took the resonable route and asked for a better view, but some made it their mission to publicly expose the guy as a fraud. The only thing these accusers exposed is the new standerd in entertainment. There is a lust to make pain humiliation and suffering that standered, that which is kind and caring does not satisfy us in the least. I'm not surprised that many people do not feal they are being entertained unless someone else is hurting. Nearly all our media be it movies, tv, or video games, is centered around real or imagined suffering of others. even the comedys on tv, nearly all the jokes are about someones misery.

I still love to put peeps on their ass in vids, make them wait to respawn and shout 'take that bitch!' so my roomates know I just pwnd another. But we all need to draw a line somewhere, there is a time and place to be aggressive and a time and place to be supportive.

Forums=dude, be chill. Think before you speak, respect others untill you have cause not to, or you will get no respect yourself.

Another interesting thing is how several people who didn't post or anything, suddenly come out and point fingeres at the people who thought it was photoshopped :p calling them "noobs" and such. :rolleyes:

I don't blame them for thinking it was photoshopped. It's not like a normal everyday mod you see everywhere, and it wouldn't be too hard to cut and paste the front of a computer onto the side. Some accepted the possibility that it was not a chop, and requested more pictures. But when two full pages go by with only one post from the OP, it does tend to get a little suspicious. Take this thread for example.

galland1 - I like this unique mod. Extra points for being original.

Very nice galland1. Effective mod if you wanna have the side window of your PC facing out most, if not all, of the time.

You know this is real and it is such a good job that he should suggest it to Dell as a new state of the art design and they WILL buy it. Kudos to Dell. :cool:

sorry ching but i dont post unless i have something to say, what i was saying is that I SAW THE FREAKIN MOD IN RL, SO I KNOW ITS NOT PS BS...TY TY VERY MUCH...
and i love this forum long time...

AngelEyes said:

:confused:

haveariceday said:
sorry ching but i dont post unless i have something to say, what i was saying is that I SAW THE FREAKIN MOD IN RL, SO I KNOW ITS NOT PS BS...TY TY VERY MUCH...
and i love this forum long time...
My post was not directed towards you specifically :)

jahcs said:
Photoshop Gestapo.

ahaha that made me spit out soda. Idk if Im the first guy to ever think of this or not, but I want a stack of stickers that say owned on them and I want to slap them on people's fore heads. lol. I take this owned thing too far, in rl whenever someone gets owned, in my mind I think "rofl PWNT!". But yeah, stickers, forehead.

Back to the topic at hand, galland1 that is an extremly cool mod. I have that same style case and would be interested in seeing closer shots on how exactly you cut the cage out and remounted it.

The_Mage18 said:
Back to the topic at hand, galland1 that is an extremly cool mod. I have that same style case and would be interested in seeing closer shots on how exactly you cut the cage out and remounted it.

There is one good pic of the front of the cage already up. I'll try to get one of the backside and put it up.

You know there is one thing though. galland you were on track with this mod. You missed one very important oppurtunity. If done right this mod will stealth your wiring.
Your wiring job is atrocious!! I understand the need to have your roms on a right angle. So when your case is sirtting on your desk. Your roms are handy and the view is perfect.If it is neat inside. You see I know these things cuz I pioneered this idea. The name of the case. WeldZilla 2 " A New Beginning" has been around for sometime now. It the original and thanks to people like you and many others it is still the neatest on the inside!!
Don't get me wrong I applaud you and your effort. I think you should take the time to detail your case out and complete it. Here is a peek of the original.
1.jpg

You see if you are going to cut and mod .Then CUT and MOD!!!
5.jpg

20.jpg

126.jpg

and you wondered how I got my name!
105.jpg

No wiring mess here.
desk_1.jpg

Picture018a.jpg

There you have it galland1, the original.
yours is different and I like it ,just finish it out. Get those wires stealthed!!

WeldZilla

Weld, my desk is set up much as yours, cept I have two monster IBM 21's. Your rig is cool. About the wires, I kind of like my wires stickin' out. I would like to do something with the bunch of wires on the bottom of the case though.

It looks liek he photoshopped the first one, and then went and built it to me...my 2cents

He may have wanted to get an idea...but I still vote 1st image PS

N H O said:
Oh sorry N H O haha is the old school literary term used to express laughter in written form. I tried the lol thing for a while but but to me lol looks more like the international symbol for the oreo cookie so I went back to using haha. Besides did Santa ever ride off on his sled going lol lol lol? He didn't go haha either but hohoho never the less I think you get the point.

The_Mage18 said:

http://mysite.verizon.net/resolbkq/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/sideways7.jpg

Here is a pic of the rear. It is only attached at one point in the lower right by one tac weld.
There are four tac-welds in the front you can see in the other pic. That is the only attachment. It's quite sturdy. The cage is easily removed from its stock position by drilling about eight rivets. The only hard part was figuring the exact position to mount it.

Hillarious. It was real! I have no problems admitting when I am wrong, so I take back what I said... it's a very cool idea. It would have helped to have more images of the mod in the OP, from various angles and inside, etc.. anyways, nice work. :)

---i closed this, sent a pm to thread starter to make a new thread, this time the trolls will not come out in full force perhaps? -FLECOM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back