Sideways PC mod ! One big pic !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a hard time trying not to laugh at the newbs that cried "Photo shop". If you were here 1 year ago you could of seen the same thread where someone posted the almost exact same pics of his Sideways bays PC. :rolleyes:

OMG! PhotoCHOP! Your whole POST IS PHOTOCHOPPED! I've GOT that font on my machine!...Huh? Wha'? Oh, Don't bring anything irrelevant like REALITY into this!

/sarcasm

Anyway, neat idea. While the left side is interesting, I wonder how it would do from the right. Perhaps putting it on the left side, like that, for left handed peeps and/or the right side for right handed peeps? :) Wonder how this would look with the upside down atx mobo mod? Just a few idle thoughts.

I think some manu should pick up the idea just for a niche market.

Seeing this makes me want to revisit the rail case kits and get the plexy out. The stuff I keep wasting because I can't cut it neatly to save my life? Would be good to hide the edges in the rails and build a custom door like that for the 5 1/4 stuffs.

As for why anyone would do this: Why would you stick a door over something that needs stuff put into and out of it alot? Just to wear out a hinge?

Cases look nice with the door closed, but it's not really practical for the use of the CD/DVD drive. I like the X-Blade with a single opening in the top for just this function. My secondary DVD, that I don't use as often, sits behind the door. I keep thinking of modding my Shark's door to accomplish the same thing, but can't seem to find a way to keep the nice flow design and the accessibility at the same time. Perhaps stealthing it... Would need some extenders on the drives tray.... hmmm......

Another benefit I see to this is passing airflow across a nice heat storage device in the case. Granted there's usually not much room between the drives, but mounting a small, ducted fan on the side of those might help exhaust some heat that winds up getting stored in the CD/DVD drive during normal operation.

Nice mod, very thought provoking! Keep going with it!

(edited for correct handedness. :) )

Alex A. said:
I am having a hard time trying not to laugh at the newbs that cried "Photo shop". If you were here 1 year ago you could of seen the same thread where someone posted the almost exact same pics of his Sideways bays PC. :rolleyes:

That one was mine too.

Is it just me or do i see air bubles in those water lines???

Anyways nice idea and job on that.

My vote is for Real :D

When I look at the pic with the UV on it looks photoshopped a bit to me as well . Not though.

RadCliffeX said:

It's you, no air here. It's the LED's on the ram I think.

To the doubters: nothing like giving a guy the benefit of the doubt for a pretty unique mod. Do it yourself, sallies. I'm certainly not brave enough to cut into my case without having many examples from others' work.

Nice mod, galland1.

Yep, I agree, sad little Photoshop kiddies probably think the Mona Lisa is chopped too :p

Good idea, workmanship could improve but hell I can't do a better job (my front case blowhole uses a black flowerpot) :)

If it works and makes the case more usable, hey!

it still looks like a photoshopped image, real or not. When thats the one and only image posted, what do you expect? :rolleyes:

Alex A. said:

Whatsisname said:
it still looks like a photoshopped image, real or not. When thats the one and only image posted, what do you expect? :rolleyes:
yeah. He made one post and disappeared for quite a bit.

I freakin love it! All you chop fellas got owned big by this guy hahahaha! Nice work with the case and knockin the rest of these n00bs in the dirt. Hahaha I'll be giggling about this for a week. Ooh now my sides hurt hehehe.

I think it's a good idea. If the inside of your computer looks good, with all the watercooling and lighting, a mod like this allows you to position the case in a way to really show it all off.

Ski Me said:
I freakin love it! All you chop fellas got owned big by this guy hahahaha! Nice work with the case and knockin the rest of these n00bs in the dirt. Hahaha I'll be giggling about this for a week. Ooh now my sides hurt hehehe.
haha?

Was it to save space, or did you do it because you thought it would be cool? At any rate I like it.

RedRaven said:
Yep, I agree, sad little Photoshop kiddies probably think the Mona Lisa is chopped too :p
They wouldn't know what that was even if she came up to them and ripped a wicked one right one their face.

Thats a pretty cool mod, I might have to do it at some point (would help with desk space).

I did it mainly because it was a pain in the butt to change discs. I wanted it sitting on my desk to the right so I could see all the goodies. The door on the front swings the wrong way and it was a real pain to swap discs in the front, basically had to get out of the chair to do it. I've got it on the desk at about a 45 deg. angle it leaves room for the ratpad.

What I think would be awesome is just having a slot on the side of the computer for a slim slot loading dvdrw drive. Totally stealth.

Whatsisname said:
You could of just been nice and said "Nice Mod, looks kind of photoshoped to me :p " instead of discrediting someone's work as soon as you see it.

Alex A. said:
You could of just been nice and said "Nice Mod, looks kind of photoshoped to me :p " instead of discrediting someone's work as soon as you see it.

Agreed.

You could also say "nice/stupid mod idea, have you finished it yet? Post more pics or a worklog"

And just because someone hasn't checked back on a thread in a day or two doesn't mean they are hiding out from the Photoshop Gestapo.

galland1 said:
I did it mainly because it was a pain in the butt to change discs. I wanted it sitting on my desk to the right so I could see all the goodies. The door on the front swings the wrong way and it was a real pain to swap discs in the front, basically had to get out of the chair to do it. I've got it on the desk at about a 45 deg. angle it leaves room for the ratpad.

I guess that was much easier then just ripping the door off,
:D

I'd like to see a picture with the side off looking diagonaly up at the way you did the cage.. Just out of curiosity..

There was a casemod a while back where a guy actually cut off the front of his PC and turned it to the side in about the same spot. Take 1/4 of the front, cut off the entire thing, and put it on the side.

I cant find pics, but I remember him saying he was good at welding, then showed a bunch of pics with everything welded together. It was bad ass.

thisisglen said:
I'd like to see a picture with the side off looking diagonaly up at the way you did the cage.. Just out of curiosity..

I'll try to get one up this evening.

gigantorebirdie said:
I guess that was much easier then just ripping the door off,
:D

I did take off the door but it was still quite a reach. I had an extra case laying around and I just wanted to see if it could be easily done.

nice job..

If this is the post referenced on the front page of [H] then the link is wrong.

flynlr said:
nice job..

If this is the post referenced on the front page of [H] then the link is wrong.

The link goes to some stupid debate about gas or something, I didnt read any of it.

thisisglen said:
hmm... PS

how in the hell can you get off saying photshopped after the other pics? *sighs*

i feel like firing off a PM to EVERYONE who said chopped and got pwnt and didnt apologize lmao

nice mod, i want to do that to my case but i suck with a welder for one (learned that one first hand today (MIG btw) and probably just sa bad with a dremel lmao)

I still swear I saw this exact pic well over a year ago, and everyone was just as skeptical and no additional pics were posted.

The extra pics seem to clear it up, but all it takes are some 1337 skillz...

LstOfTheBrunnenG said:
I still swear I saw this exact pic well over a year ago, and everyone was just as skeptical and no additional pics were posted.

The extra pics seem to clear it up, but all it takes are some 1337 skillz...

That was my case as well. I did post up other pics back then. Lost my login somehow.

thats right, because if something's on the internet, it must be real. lol I think i'll just continue posting whatever comes to mind.

also, its "could have"
Alex A. said:

RadCliffeX said:

they appear to be there in the picture, but without seeing it up close we couldn't really say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back