• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Side inserting HDD cases.

carlmart

Gawd
Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
691
I have some difficulty finding cases where you side insert/extract the HDD.

This I have found to be of the most practical and easy way to deal with frequent HDD swap.

They also have to provide specific 120mm fan ventilation for the HDDs.

My longest experience with one was with a Coolmaster, but it did not have a bottom power supply, which I started to appreciate on my present Antec P-180 mini case, which unfortunately does not sport side insert slots.

I already found the Corsair Carbide series, which seem to fill the bill. But I would like to be aware of other types that you may know so I can compare them.

Some brands and models are not available where I live, Brazil, so that's another reason to increase my options.

Even if you know just one it already helps me.
 
I think almost everyone makes a case with the hard drives turned to the sides. Honestly, I think I rarely see a case doesn't do this, unless it is really cheap.
 
I think almost everyone makes a case with the hard drives turned to the sides. Honestly, I think I rarely see a case doesn't do this, unless it is really cheap.

Yeah I thought that too. Perhaps the OP means EXTERNALLY accessible drive bays on the side of the case??
 
My NZXT Vulcan has two side loading HDD bays!

ac999db98c
 
Back
Top