Shuttle XPC SZ68R5

i'm wondering what port you have your monitor cable plugged into. Have you removed the monitor lead from the on board and used the same lead in the PCIe card? Sometimes if it cant see a monitor attatched it will revert to on board by default.

Second point. Is there anything odd about the way you are fitting the graphics card. The chassis connections can sometimes prevent the GPU dropping into the PCI-e slot properly.... make sure the GPU is in the socket well.

Third idea is the PCIe power supply connection. Is this connected properly? Do you have a basic GPU that does not need extra power that you can try? It is possible that the PSU is at fault.

Final thought. Check that the GPU is not shorting out at the back on to the hard drive bay.

If you can take some pics of the card in the machine we may be able to see something.

Good luck
Simon

Plugged the DVI into port (labeled 1) on the bottom each time and once the monitor stays blank I switch it to port 2 to verify nothing is happening.

I've tested the board with an old GT 240 that works great in one of my old shuttles and it still wont display anything... :(

I make sure it's snug and flush with the board as much as possible (i'll post a photo of it shortly) and it seems to be fully seated.

I checked the Power supply connectors they are fully connected and I even pulled out the volt meter and each lead is registering 12vdc so I'm completely stumped... :confused::confused::confused::confused:

from this angle it kind of looks like it could be seated further but not by much. I'll see if I can remove the plate and get it seated closer to the board.

Last edited:
while looking at the photos it seemed that the card had a very slight tilt to it so I took it out and shaved down the bottom of the PCI card slot divider on the case. Popped the card back in and low and behold... Now it works! :D

Thanks for everyone's help/advice it finally led me to the right answer... now on to overclocking! :cool:

Any using that Intel SRT with a MSATA card? I picked up a 32gb MSATA card off ebay... followed the instructions by setting bios to RAID and installed the intel software, still no acceleration option. Any ideas?

Hi everyone! This is my first post here(sorry for my bad english).
I've got a problem with the case. The front dvd panel has 2 springs. When I turn on the shuttle(lol) one of the spring(it seems the left one facing the barebone) starts to vibrate, making an annoying sound.
If I open the dvd panel(by pressing eject or just opening myself) and then I close it the noise stop.
How can I solve this issue? What can I do to stop the spring doing that noise when I start up the computer?

Are you leaving a cd/dvd in the drive at startup? If so the drive spinning because it has one loaded could be the source. If that is the case, you could just take it out. Or you could try loosening the screws holding in the ODD and try to push it back towards the rear, then retightening the screws. Even just a little movement away from the front panel may help.

Good Luck!

EDIT: Oh, and I just thought of this, you could try the same thing with the odd/hdd carrier, anything to back it away from the front panel just a touch. Just make sure you don't over do it and cause your eject button not to work, or become "sprung". That was tricky getting it to work right on me setup, and I almost gave up and went with a software eject, but I did finally get it right. The front panel on this unit is it's weakest design, the only thing close to a negative I would rate on it.

By the way, I've been rocking away on mine for months now, the only OC is on the cpu(4.6ghz), but I run D3 at 1080p/120hz max graphics/aa/etc for hours on end with ZERO issues.
(for D3 players, I am still using the 12.3 drivers, and will refrain from updating until I know it's a solid driver)

Hi everyone! This is my first post here(sorry for my bad english).
I've got a problem with the case. The front dvd panel has 2 springs. When I turn on the shuttle(lol) one of the spring(it seems the left one facing the barebone) starts to vibrate, making an annoying sound.
If I open the dvd panel(by pressing eject or just opening myself) and then I close it the noise stop.
How can I solve this issue? What can I do to stop the spring doing that noise when I start up the computer?

Last edited:
Are you leaving a cd/dvd in the drive at startup? If so the drive spinning because it has one loaded could be the source. If that is the case, you could just take it out. Or you could try loosening the screws holding in the ODD and try to push it back towards the rear, then retightening the screws. Even just a little movement away from the front panel may help.

Good Luck!

EDIT: Oh, and I just thought of this, you could try the same thing with the odd/hdd carrier, anything to back it away from the front panel just a touch. Just make sure you don't over do it and cause your eject button not to work, or become "sprung". That was tricky getting it to work right on me setup, and I almost gave up and went with a software eject, but I did finally get it right. The front panel on this unit is it's weakest design, the only thing close to a negative I would rate on it.

By the way, I've been rocking away on mine for months now, the only OC is on the cpu(4.6ghz), but I run D3 at 1080p/120hz max graphics/aa/etc for hours on end with ZERO issues.
(for D3 players, I am still using the 12.3 drivers, and will refrain from updating until I know it's a solid driver)

It seems the problem got away by itself... Maybe the heat produced by the computer (very cool even if it's summer) and the room temperature have done something. Anyway the spring is not vibrating anymore. I'll try loosening the screws if it happens again. Thanks.

I'm selling my modded cover from my SZ68R5 (as well as my PC63J 500W power supply) HERE. Lower them temps! ;)
IMG_3125.jpg

IMG_3130.jpg

Ah, okay. Thought maybe you came up with a better mod design or something.:)

FYI, Newegg has this for 319 + 13 ship WITH an OCZ Agility 3 60gb SSD as a bonus!

Back