Shuttle and barton 2500+

lwrdr77

n00b
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
20
I have a couple questions...I have a shuttle sn41g2 and i was wondering about changing vcore and vdimm in the bios. There isn't a place in the bios to change it. I was wondering if there was some sort of hacked bios that allows you to change those settings. I would like to get this running stable at 3200+, but i'm kinda worried about temps in the small shuttle case. Right now my cpu load temps are ~48C and my case temp load is ~45C. I'm using the ICE cooling in the shuttle and i was wondering about upgrading the fan. I want something that pushes a lot of air, but it has to be 80x80x25mm, because a 80x80x38mm wouldn't fit. So my question is, what fan should i use?

Note: I haven't cut out the grill in the back yet, i know this will lower temps a lot.

The specs are as follows:
Shuttle SN41G2
nVidia nForce2 chipset
Barton 2500+
512MB pc3200 Mushkin lvl 2 512x1
On-board Geforce4 MX
40gig WD HD w/ 8M cache
lite-on 48/24/48/16 combo drive
 
if you already haven't been to www.sfftech.com it a great for all the sff barbones, as for the fan i used a Panaflo H1A in mine when i had a sn45g and i also recommend using SpeedFan over the bios fan controller
 
There is no hacked bios, but you can do the wire trick to change multi/ vcore (sorry no vdimm). Check out ocinside.de for more info. Remember you can freely change the FSB to get to a 3200.

Also, 48 isn't too bad at all for an Athlon at all, much less one in a Shuttle. For reference, cutting the back grill will net you 1-2 deg C at most. Not a huge difference. The stock fan does a pretty good job at cooling any proc in there. Hope this helps.
 
Originally posted by the@ntipop
Also, 48 isn't too bad at all for an Athlon at all, much less one in a Shuttle. For reference, cutting the back grill will net you 1-2 deg C at most. Not a huge difference. The stock fan does a pretty good job at cooling any proc in there. Hope this helps.

Stock fan is hideously loud. Replaced mine with Panaflo H1A (speedfan 4%)... regretting a bit at not getting a noiseblocker... perhaps I will at a later date.

Also, cutting out the grill can take you more than 2 degrees C. Some people have seen 4-6 degree drops, others have 1 so YMMV. I plan on cutting out when I replace NB with a zalman. Probably sometime in the summer, I will do all three, but until then, I'm content with mine.
 
Back
Top