Shutting down for a while

Nathan_P

[H]ard DCOTM x3
Hi All

Unfortunately I am going to have to shut my rigs down for the foreseeable future as the wife has been made redundant. While my wage allows us to cover all the bills it does not allow for any kind of luxuries of which my folding hobby is one. Hopefully I will be back on line by mid August but we'll see, there are plenty of jobs available in our area so hopefully its not a long search for something she likes.

In the meantime, stay safe, keep folding/crunching and i'll be back.

Nathan

i'll be back
I will be back.gif

Thanks all, we are off to see family for a couple of weeks so it will take her mind off things and when we're back she can hit the job ads

Sometimes change is for the best, but it sure doesn't feel like it while in the midst of it. With luck she'll find an even better job once over the shock of being let go.

Damn. Hope the best for y'all and for things to line up soon.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Wifey started her new job today and hopefully everything has gone OK. She doesn't get paid until the end of October though so I hope to have the rigs back online around halloween
That is great news. Jobs are important. (y) Get an emergency fund built back up, then jump back in here.

Well, i'm back sort of. One rig worked for a day and then crashed. the other lasted 4 hours. I think they need a good day of software upgrades and general TLC, mint 18.2 and 2 year old drivers won't be helping.

One is running now until i can spend some time with them at the weekend.

well that didn't last long. it crashed again soon after my last post :mad: . Just installed the version 418 drivers on the Z87 rig and will see how we get on.

So both rigs are now back up and running at full speed, HFM is currently showing 5.6m PPD. Must have been a borked driver install on Linux, Everything is working just fine on windows 10 and i even have hfm monitoring both machines for the first time in months.

Back