Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Haha that's what gaming room's are for getting away from the annoying wife but you need to get her into video games.

Guy with laptop on the wardrobe - Dude bin all that furniture and get a desk man how can you 'stand' being at that computer.

Lol, well that might be my problem...I don't find my wife that annoying...then again we have only been together for about 5 years :p maybe in another 5?

And trust me I have had my game room ;)

img2499x.jpg

img2503f.jpg

from that to the Over the bed tray...and I find the over the bed tray more enjoyable...haha call me crazy ;)

you have learned well, grasshopper.

Haha, thanks...Like I said I play more games on my over the bed table, then I did when I had that gaming room...So its a win-win for me! :D

Here is my new favorite setup...don't judge me.. :) Might just sell my eyefinity setup, as I barely use it anymore...

Where did you get that sweet hospital tv tray thing? I've never seen them fore sale, though I have seen them at a drug store/medical equipment store which offered them for a monthly rent of like $10 LOL.

Lol yeah the medical equipment stores rip you offf!

I bought it off amazon, this is the link I bought mine off http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QA0EHI/ but they changed the picture/supplier... looks like it is kind of a silver tray now, which is pretty ugly lol...

Here is different link of one that looks exactly like mine...http://www.amazon.com/Drive-Medical-Overbed-Table-Silver/dp/B002VWJZ8S/ref=pd_sbs_hpc_1 hopefully it is the same one... But there are other ones that are little more expensive that tilt and such. At first, I wanted one that tilted but then I thought about it, and I don't think the mouse would like that tilt very much :p

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
heheh nice

I had one of those at my old work

building was a nursing home before we took it over and they had adjustable height which was amazing

it's not what you think!! :eek:
I spend a lot of time in my room. Some would say too much time. I like to eat in front of my screens too otherwise what's the point right? Am I right?:D:D
The paper-ware is for cleaning my desk and not me, I swear!

Nice setup...but I don't want to know what all those napkins/tissue paper is for..... :eek:
I didn't want to bring it up but that was my question too. lol
it's not what you think!! :eek:
I spend a lot of time in my room. Some would say too much time. I like to eat in front of my screens too otherwise what's the point right? Am I right?:D:D
The paper-ware is for cleaning my desk and not me, I swear!
LOL.

What are those white dots on the front of the desk?
Your whole deal reminds me of my set up in college--always getting more toys without having the space for them.

Got my two U3011's this week, and left one 2405 on the side for browsing

Kaya <3

27925410151144267881911.jpg

Last edited:
Gone from 22" to 30"
scaled.php

scaled.php

Gonna get some 20" for the side monitors soon.

Last edited:
What are those white dots on the front of the desk?
Your whole deal reminds me of my set up in college--always getting more toys without having the space for them.
They are Ferrero Rocher chocolate wrapper stickers. I got a weird habit of taking them off the wrapper and sticking them on the desk during the last Chinese new year.
And you can ALWAYS make room for toys. :D
ay7m83.jpg

That racking on the left isn't "cheap" (unless you got it for free), I've seen it at home depot...you could get a modular IKEA desk for the same price. ;)
That Rack was like 20 bucks from Kmart ;)
http://www.kmart.com/gorilla-rack-30x12x60inch-5-shelf-storage-rack/p-00928835000P?prdNo=11
:mad: They raised the price.:mad:
Gone from 22" to 30"

Gonna get some 20" for the side monitors soon.

That's a nice clean set up. Love the wall scrolls.

Last edited:
Just picked up a Dell U3011, so now my setup is complete. Using a Dell 2007FP on each side rotated in portrait for a total resolution of 4,960 x 1,600. Also using a LED strip on the back of the 30in (powered by a USB connection) to give off some ambient lighting for late night gaming sessions with the light off in the home office. Currently have a piece of blue film over the LEDs to give off a blue glow.

7898425406_0ffe247817_b.jpg

To check out the build log to the PC on the right, hit up the following link.
Project Bright Panel: 800D, Liquid Cooled, Illuminated Mid Panel

WOW that's amazing looks like you put a lot of work into the build. I've added the PLP picture to the collection to show AMD. And they say this setup is uncommon, but I have over 50 now and I'll be adding my own soon as I just bought two 2007FPs RevA05L too!

WOW that's amazing looks like you put a lot of work into the build. I've added the PLP picture to the collection to show AMD. And they say this setup is uncommon, but I have over 50 now and I'll be adding my own soon as I just bought two 2007FPs RevA05L too!

Tell AMD they can come over to my place and check out my setup - I live only a few km away from the old ATI headquarters in Markham (nice digs - got a tour a while back, I would *KILL* to work/play in their testing lab).

Sure if you're willing to follow through with a kidnapping for PLP or die bond release. I think I saw their testing lab in The Dark Knight movie.

Sure if you're willing to follow through with a kidnapping for PLP or die bond release. I think I saw their testing lab in The Dark Knight movie.

Tempting thought, though I doubt it would work unless I lured a VP from California over...

Actually the part I really love about AMD's testing lab is that they get all sorts of prerelease and prototype hardware from other manufacturers for validation with their products. Imagine playing with Haswell *RIGHT NOW* and getting paid to do so...

Tempting thought, though I doubt it would work unless I lured a VP from California over...

Actually the part I really love about AMD's testing lab is that they get all sorts of prerelease and prototype hardware from other manufacturers for validation with their products. Imagine playing with Haswell *RIGHT NOW* and getting paid to do so...

Meh I'm happy playing with my new Ivybridge from 775. I don't think Intel would let AMD get hold of their new tech.

Meh I'm happy playing with my new Ivybridge from 775. I don't think Intel would let AMD get hold of their new tech.

When I took the tour a few years ago, they had Westmere processors running compatibility tests against 5870's well before both were released. I was confused when I looked at labels on all the equipment because I didn't recognize the code names at first - my jaw hit the floor when I realized what they were testing. I asked about that - because AMD and Intel have a huge cross-license agreement, they aren't nearly as secretive as I thought they would be. The AMD rep admitted that they don't tell each other squat about *HOW* they build the CPUs.

They had a senior VP fly in from California the last time I was at AMD (we were giving AMD a community award). If I give them another award maybe that VP would fly over here again - then all I need are ski masks, duct tape, plastic ties, and a few handguns... :D

I have the exact same monitor setup as you. what wallpaper are you using?

Its called Litewires 2 by Mossblaser. You can get it over on DevianArt.

Where did you get that desk? I've been looking for an L-shaped desk with a large keyboard tray.

Southampton Right Desk and Return from Furniture Row. It also came with this Hutch. I didn't pay near what they are showing online, so its possible the in-store price is much lower. I also purchased it almost 5 years ago, so maybe its just gone up a lot since then.

I actually tracked down the Eyefinity driver team lead and asked him about PLP support. Basically, it's on the to-do list, but probably not going to happen very soon (i.e. this year).

Tell them that there are many more people with PLP than they think. The market for it will also greatly increase when driver support is there.

As my first post, I figured I should show my setup. Its no where near as fancy as some of the ones here, but its functional.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-2700K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($289.99 @ Best Buy)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($181.98 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($122.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 680 2GB Video Card ($499.99 @ Amazon)
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 24-bit 96 KHz Sound Card ($149.91 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 330 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 550W ATX12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS70 OEM DVD/CD Writer
Monitor: Acer G215HVAbd 21.5" Monitor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Hannspree HZ281HPB 27.5" Monitor ($272.65 @ Mac Connection)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-bit) ($130.20 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Saitek Eclipse III Wired Standard Keyboard
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Wired Laser Mouse ($47.99 @ Dell Small Business)
Other: Acer P243WAid Black-Silver 24" 2ms - Monitor
Total: $1990.67
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-09-02 15:34 EDT-0400)

IMG_0078.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

Back