Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

mg7903.jpg

Below is the setup that I just recently put together...it shows the before and after pictures.

As you will see, it is five 22" Dell's in portrait mode using an AMD/ATI 5750, and the top two are two 24" ultra-sharp Dell's being driven by a 5700 series card

2012-06-03_15-29-16_502.jpg

2012-06-03_18-10-33_19.jpg

2012-06-08_23-01-36_493.jpg

Last edited:
I have no use for that kind of setup, but i want it. :)

Yeah, it is a little over the top for me. If I had that kind of money to throw around, i would have gotten something with smaller bezels.
I love the fact that he was able to do it though :D

You should put one more 24" monitor on top to balance the setup better - those asymmetrical setups are a bitch to get right.

Below is the setup that I just recently put together...it shows the before and after pictures.

As you will see, it is five 22" Dell's in portrait mode using an AMD/ATI 5750, and the top two are two 24" ultra-sharp Dell's being driven by a 5700 series card

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u513/Al_Persondek/2012-06-03_15-29-16_502.jpg[/IMG]

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u513/Al_Persondek/2012-06-03_18-10-33_19.jpg[/IMG]

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u513/Al_Persondek/2012-06-08_23-01-36_493.jpg[/IMG]

What stand is that you are using?

Hey all. I have been a long fan of this thread and used it as inspiration for some of my Eyefinity setups in the past. My first was a triple setup with 3 24" Acers with a 4 being a 47" LG. Now I run 3 46" Toshibas (in gaming mode/ no input lag). I am currently designing a cheap french cleat system to hang them on the wall behind where I am sitting in the pic.

It's a bit of an older pic and I need to get some newer shots to show some updates.
That is SWTOR on the screens and since they have fixed so much or the rendering and looks so much better than here in these.

img2886g.jpg

img2876h.jpg

Hey all. I have been a long fan of this thread and used it as inspiration for some of my Eyefinity setups in the past. My first was a triple setup with 3 24" Acers with a 4 being a 47" LG. Now I run 3 46" Toshibas (in gaming mode/ no input lag). I am currently designing a cheap french cleat system to hang them on the wall behind where I am sitting in the pic.

It's a bit of an older pic and I need to get some newer shots to show some updates.
That is SWTOR on the screens and since they have fixed so much or the rendering and looks so much better than here in these.

LOL

:p

I always thought about rolling with three massive screens like that instead of monitors. But every time I hook my PC up to my TV it looks soft compared to my monitors. Does the dpi of a huge TV bother you at all when that close?

@Blech71 - talk about being in your face!

Which model Toshiba are you using for your setup? I'm curious about the input lag and 4:4:4 capability.

I can't help but imagine that you're just a tiny person in front of 3 normal sized monitors.

U2412m hooked to a Thinkpad T400 and a pair of Genelec 1029a connected to a Native Instruments audio2dj soundcard. IBM Model M of course for keyboard. Current OS: Ubuntu 12.04

my%2520workspace.jpg

I'll get you the model numbers when I get a few moments.
I played on LG's in the past and was taught by a guy that to always look for "Gaming Mode" on TV's
I suffer zero input lag as it would make games rather unplayable; especially in a raid environment.
The TV units now days have come so far that they work real well. Most friends that come over convert after playing on my set up.

LOL

:p

I always thought about rolling with three massive screens like that instead of monitors. But every time I hook my PC up to my TV it looks soft compared to my monitors. Does the dpi of a huge TV bother you at all when that close?

These units here are not as good as the previous LG's I had but are pretty close when it comes to features. Those on top of CCC you can get rather sharp. On TVs this size sharpness can be a take away actually.

I'm actually 6'1 and the desktop is a bit over 9' across.
it is amazing to browse sites like Netflix or look at great sites like this one.
It has grown into multiple great uses not just gaming.

img20120801120238.jpg

Screen setup for the Olympic Games. The 20" screens are usually in portrait mode.

Screens from left: Dell 2001fp, ViewSonic VP2030b, HP LP3065, ViewSonic VP2030b, Dell 2001fp

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3779/img20120801120238.jpg

Screen setup for the Olympic Games. The 20" screens are usually in portrait mode.

Screens from left: Dell 2001fp, ViewSonic VP2030b, HP LP3065, ViewSonic VP2030b, Dell 2001fp

The two Dells on the end look like they can fall off the desk at any moment.

Anyone from the desert here (Vegas, Phoenix, etc) where summers are brutal? If so, does it deter you from getting more monitors because of the costs associated with cooling the heat generated by the monitors (especially in the summer months) ? Just curious ...

Anyone from the desert here (Vegas, Phoenix, etc) where summers are brutal? If so, does it deter you from getting more monitors because of the costs associated with cooling the heat generated by the monitors (especially in the summer months) ? Just curious ...

The assumption is that if you can afford all these monitors... :p

I was honestly surprised how much heat my PLP 20/30/20 setup produced. I ended up getting an additional window a/c unit for my room because of it (the house has central a/c). So yeah, for anyone that isn't prepared for it, it was a shock for me. Still love it though!

switched from my awesome 37" Panny S1 space heater to a smaller, slimmer, cooler LED back-lit Sammy
img0484ec.jpg

I was honestly surprised how much heat my PLP 20/30/20 setup produced. I ended up getting an additional window a/c unit for my room because of it (the house has central a/c). So yeah, for anyone that isn't prepared for it, it was a shock for me. Still love it though!

I don't even need to turn my heater on in the winter. And I live in Wisconsin :cool:

I find using 7 monitors create an insane amount of heat in summer, to the point where it overwhelms my central A/C - and I live in Canada...

Finally upgraded my 17" monitor. Movies finally look wonderful!

before (about a year ago)
kif2061s.jpg

after
dscn0054as.jpg

Nothing fancy. Just a Staples cloth chair called the Valerian. I like it a lot but some may feel the pillow/cushion like surface doesn't give enough support. Compared to the POS chair I had, it is great.:rolleyes: It goes on sale about every 6 months or so (at least it used to a couple of years ago).

Back