Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

What I got going right now...

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

Nothing fancy, but I am considering hooking up my old HP 22" LCD alongside the Dell.

I wish I could figure out something to do with these joystick wires.
IMG_0311.jpg

Last edited:
I just put up a wall mounted monitor and keyboard file server. File server is a athlon 1800+, 200 gigs space (will need more), 6200, and 512 megs ram.

Sdc11326.jpg

SDC11325.jpg

Sdc11328.jpg

Guys, while I'm sure most of you are aware that this site is fond of firearms, the 2nd amendment is a bit off-topic for this thread. If someone happens to have a gun in their photo and you don't like it, kindly mind your own business, and don't derail this thread. If you like firearms and want to discuss them, we have a forum for that as well.

Back on-topic please.

SeaFoam, I used to have that same wallpaper, its pretty cool. What games are you playing with the JoySticks? Can you run the wires on the backside of the monitors?

SeaFoam, I used to have that same wallpaper, its pretty cool. What games are you playing with the JoySticks? Can you run the wires on the backside of the monitors?

I just can't bring myself to spend money on that site that costs money for desktops - this one is simple and dark... Me likey.

I play Arma 2 (ace mod 2) and DCS Black Shark with the stick/throttle, everything else I usually use mouse/kb - I have a wheel somewhere, can't wait to try a racing game with the new system.

ugh, I have not finished cleaning up the cabling since redoing the desk, so mess aside, here they are lit up blue...this is also without me sticking them back to the monitors yet, they're just kind of hanging in air of the arms at the moment. They have 6 colors in them?

can i have those city wallpapers, por favor?

Just got my two amBX kits installed, I'm loving the ambient lighting :D

This was me messing with the "amBX Creator" software, trying out different lighting configurations. I settled on a dark blue for default lighting shortly after this photo.

59989556.jpg

When I start up a game or a movie, the lights mimic what's on screen (really cool effect). They can be set up to work with media player visualizations so they pulse different colors along with music.

Just got my two amBX kits installed, I'm loving the ambient lighting :D

This was me messing with the "amBX Creator" software, trying out different lighting configurations. I settled on a dark blue for default lighting shortly after this photo.

59989556.jpg

When I start up a game or a movie, the lights mimic what's on screen (really cool effect). They can be set up to work with media player visualizations so they pulse different colors along with music.

link to that wallpaper please...

To Sparktz

Someone linked me to your LCD setup,

"Ultimate spy checking" - jayp146

:D

Last edited:
Just saw this on lifehacker. Somebody nuked the fridge.....
The moment you start referring your monitors as the "East Wall", you win...
Thought you guys might like it.

" Steve's office
Originally there was to be 60 monitors, a mix of 19s and 24s however it changed a bit and there is now 40 24" monitors and another 20 monitors offsite for development.

There is six computers running all the monitors, eac computer has a core i7 975, 24 gb of DDR 3 memory, two SLC SSDs in raid 0 and a large amount of nvidia NVS 420s as well as Nvidia 9800 GTs.

This office is used for intraday trading and development."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_price82/sets/72157623389907037/

4387533829_faf5872895_b.jpg

I like the Red Bull and Beck's beer on his desk. Both have their benefits on crazy trading days. :p

I find that it would be hard to stare at 40 some monitors, that looks like an insane setup and if the trading day is crazy can't imagine how nuts it would be to monitor the stocks changing so quickly.

Needs more Red Bull and Beck's.

I'm honestly not digging the black paint. But maybe it's easier on his eyes?

i'd have a seizure if I had to work in that environment.

Looks nice...but isn't it bothering that the ammo and health HUD is so far from the main screen?
Looks like you gotta turn your head or move your eyeballs more distance.

I just got it setup and running, I haven't fixed that yet. Over at the widescreengaming forums, they have fixes for a lot of those types of things, so that your HUD will actually display on the center screen.

To Sparktz

Someone linked me to your LCD setup,

"Ultimate spy checking" - jayp146

Hehe, I loooove TF2.

Back