Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

_DSC9139.jpg

Not all live yet (waiting on dell cabinets to come in)... this is 30 displays:

16871_1214121148588_1095570040_30600505_3044538_n.jpg

I have wasted an unholy amount of time browsing this thread..

In any case, i figure i'd post a few teaser pics of my humble setup. Sorry for the crappy picture quality and the dusty screens.

I had a closet full of junk. Got rid of the junk, and was wondering what to do with an empty closet. Seemed like a great idea to put my PC in there. So i repainted, and built a "custom" floating desk out of an old Staples Bestar U shaped desk that i had reconfigured many times over the years. Alas this is the last time as i have had to do a lot of cutting to make it fit in my closet. I tried VERY hard to hide every cable.. still got some work to do.

90% of everything you see in these photos is either used, free, or bought via crazy inside-hookups from friends.

Unibody macbook on the left drives Dell 3007WFP. Main desktop is a 4.5ghz E8500 GTX-280-SLI rig housed in an Antec 1200, driving 2x2007FP and 3007WFP-HC. Server is a phenom X4 inside an old Antec P180. Speakers are a very very old set of EV SonicXS (in dire need of an upgrade)

Without further adieu.. (keep in mind, WORK IN PROGRESS, so please be kind)

IMG_7401.jpg

IMG_7402.jpg

IMG_7403.jpg

IMG_7404.jpg

IMG_7405.jpg

Last edited:

In any case, i figure i'd post a few teaser pics of my humble setup. Sorry for the crappy picture quality and the dusty screens.

I had a closet full of junk. Got rid of the junk, and was wondering what to do with an empty closet. Seemed like a great idea to put my PC in there. So i repainted, and built a "custom" floating desk out of an old Staples Bestar U shaped desk that i had reconfigured many times over the years. Alas this is the last time as i have had to do a lot of cutting to make it fit in my closet. I tried VERY hard to hide every cable.. still got some work to do.

Like a lot of you, I'm broke most of the time, have to work my ass off, and don't have too much cash to spend on this kind of stuff. 90% of everything you see in these photos is either used, free, or bought via crazy inside-hookups from friends.

Unibody macbook on the left drives Dell 3007WFP. Main desktop is a 4.5ghz E8500 GTX-280-SLI rig housed in an Antec 1200, driving 2x2007FP and 3007WFP-HC. Server is a phenom X4 inside an old Antec P180. Speakers are a very very old set of EV SonicXS (in dire need of an upgrade)

That's truly an amazing setup, and I don't believe you for a second about not being rich lol. That setup, the Aeron chair, c'mon, who are you shitting bro?

That's truly an amazing setup, and I don't believe you for a second about not being rich lol. That setup, the Aeron chair, c'mon, who are you shitting bro?

The power of countless hours spent browsing Craigslist :)

Thanks for the kind words. The monitors took forever to track down - especially the 2007FPs. I seem to have gone through a bad batch of them.

Last edited:

90% of everything you see in these photos is either used, free, or bought via crazy inside-hookups from friends.

That's a nice setup man, kudos to you for making it without having to buy anything at new prices - proof that you don't have to have to spend top dollar to get a top dollar result!

Where did you get that stand for your Macbook Pro? Do you have a link? :D

The fact he has a closet big enough to do that with is what tipped me off!

OMG i hate those chairs!!!! At least if its the same one im thinking. My old office had chairs like that, we all HATED them. The managers got mad because they were expensive but nobody liked them.

OMG i hate those chairs!!!! At least if its the same one im thinking. My old office had chairs like that, we all HATED them. The managers got mad because they were expensive but nobody liked them.

Absolutely true! Those chairs are for look only.

Seconded!

Awesome setup btw!

Edit: NVM I think i found it
http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Vertical-Stand-MacBook- unibody/dp/B002WKOTQW

Thanks. Yep thats the stand. A bit pricey for two padded blocks of MDF and two aluminum rods - but its still the cheapest. One SLIGHT complaint though.. notice that the logo is upside down.. if you have it the other way, the blocks on the bottom will keep you from plugging the power cable in. IMHO not a big deal, but you may want to keep that in mind. I've got a friend with a CNC setup, will probably ask him to mill one for me out of a single chunk of aluminum.

Last edited:
I would think putting it in upside down would be the preferred way anyway considering all the heat generated from the laptop is expelled at the hinge. If you put it in the stand with the apple logo facing up then you would also be blocking the vents, am I right?

Dave.J.D. What is that blue thing right under the center display ? Some sort of USB hookup ? And the keyboard is really crazy, big hump, and why is slanted downwards, usually you do it the opposite way, slant towards you ?

Other than that, a very cool setup :cool:

I have a lot of my parts off Craigslist as well. My EYEFINITY setup, of 3 - Dell 27" came from there.

I would think putting it in upside down would be the preferred way anyway considering all the heat generated from the laptop is expelled at the hinge. If you put it in the stand with the apple logo facing up then you would also be blocking the vents, am I right?

Good point - I hadn't considered that. That thing never gets that hot, unless when I'm compiling a huge project in Xcode.

Dave.J.D. What is that blue thing right under the center display ? Some sort of USB hookup ? And the keyboard is really crazy, big hump, and why is slanted downwards, usually you do it the opposite way, slant towards you ?

Other than that, a very cool setup :cool:

I have a lot of my parts off Craigslist as well. My EYEFINITY setup, of 3 - Dell 27" came from there.

Yeah, that's a 3" USB hub from Belkin. Keep in mind, the packaging says 3" all over it, but it requires a 2.5" hole to fit snug. Ask me how i know. Lots of holesaw action. Its nice because you can route cables through it too.

I actually bought 2, but from different sources so the LED colors are different. The angle that i sit from the keyboard, its actually more comfortable - dunno.

here is a pic of the hub

24051.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I LOVE my mount, and it can support up to 3 - 27" Displays for EYEFINITy :eek: Those Ergotrons only go to 24" screens max.

It is very sleek and modern looking, plus hides the wires inside, and super strong and heavy duty.
http://www.ergodirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=15941

Here is my thread about it;
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1487008

I've been wanting to find the ultimate tri mount for my 3 X 25.5" monitors. and if this supports my size as I think they will. It might be a possibility for me .

I've been wanting to find the ultimate tri mount for my 3 X 25.5" monitors. and if this supports my size as I think they will. It might be a possibility for me .

My Triple arm supports up to 3 - 27" monitors, and that is exactly what I have on it, 2 Dell 2709W's + 1 Dell 2707WFP. So it will easily support your 25.5"

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG00046-20100115-2327.jpg

I like your super high tech baby monitor on the right ;) When you've got kids, getting your stuff used is definitely a must!

My Triple arm supports up to 3 - 27" monitors, and that is exactly what I have on it, 2 Dell 2709W's + 1 Dell 2707WFP. So it will easily support your 25.5"

SORRY FOR THE PICTURE SIZE, TIP: SET THE ZOOM (DOWN RIGHT) TO 50% TO VIEW THEM.
OR JUST OPEN THE LINKS :) Sorry...

Cool Cool, i start a new topic, Im new so also lets introduce myself,
Im wesley, Im 14 years old and i am from holland.
Ive been busy many hours with computers and loveeee ICT :)
Here is my setup though:

1j8fox.jpg

2gsqzk2.jpg

20f2nbt.jpg

nzj6v8.jpg

nn2zvb.jpg

s4t36w.jpg

Also 2 Videos:
Daylight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsNPuwCL1zk
Night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au7JjGhuDMk
Also check out my other Videos :)
Missing some stuff, mostly because i have another room at another house.
Things i got there: G11 Logitech, 2X Packard Bell maestro 22,5 Inch , 3 Desktops. 1 Laptop and Mini Fridge. Check out the new Topic :) (Topic will be started next Week)
For more Pictures just Ask.

-Wesley

Last edited:
Back