Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

I need new monitors but I'm tapped out for the moment after decorating my office:

DSC_1579.jpg

DSC_1573.jpg

A million points for what you've assembled, but minus 999,999 for the Bose speakers. Tsk tsk.

Yes, it is my house and if I were Batman I don't think I would be using Hanns-G for a monitor. The Bose were a gift and I'm not much of an audiophile so they suit me fine for the time being.

Yes, it is my house and if I were Batman I don't think I would be using Hanns-G for a monitor. The Bose were a gift and I'm not much of an audiophile so they suit me fine for the time being.

Ahh okay.

I need new monitors but I'm tapped out for the moment after decorating my office:

DSC_1579.jpg

+ 1 for industrial design (desk) and wall setup. for the record, i'm not an audiophile either (you may become one once you've been on [h] a while). as long as the LCD'S are good to go, so am i! :D

what desk set is that with the built in dock and usb hub looks great also
I had it custom built by SIC Fabrication. When looking for a new desk I started searching for workbench builders. Bruce at SIC didn't bat an eye and made it exactly the way I wanted (almost too big but that was my fault). The USB hubs and Ipod dock are made by Belkin for standard desk grommets that you can see lining the back of the desk.

Maan nice setup!

I love how you've hidden all that cable mess behind those black ?thingys?. And!

You have an awesome setup with 3 screens, headset and an xbox controller ready to go at any time! I also see that you can hide those things (well not the screens) whenever you want to.

Maan nice setup!

I love how you've hidden all that cable mess behind those black ?thingys?. And!

You have an awesome setup with 3 screens, headset and an xbox controller ready to go at any time! I also see that you can hide those things (well not the screens) whenever you want to.

thx man,

yea i was thinking about zip tieing all hte cables, but it was such a daunting task. i ended up going to walmart and got 5 yards of grey fabric for 10 dollars. lol i just cut it to the correct length and stapled it to the underside of the desk

Last edited:
A million points for what you've assembled, but minus 999,999 for the Bose speakers. Tsk tsk.

As overpriced as bose are, they are far from garbage speakers, and he could do far far worse in terms of sound quality.

The problem with bose is that they are over priced for there quality. But nice eyefinity! I want that soo bad.

As overpriced as bose are, they are far from garbage speakers, and he could do far far worse in terms of sound quality.

He could, but any basic 2.1 Logitech system for $30 sounds about the same ... ;)

Back on topic ..

Bose will forever be the crappiest speakers on the planet. Their technology is inefficient, prices retarded, and marketing is full of pure shit. NOW....back on topic.

Welcome to my 90s office! Seriously I just got here so the stuff on my desk are pretty much leftovers... from the 90s...

numbaone.JPG

numbatwo.JPG

"He could, but any basic 2.1 Logitech system for $30 sounds about the same ...

Back on topic .."

I could not disagree more.

Honestly- if you cant tell the difference in the Logitech and the Bose- you really should go get your hearing checked. Clearly you don't have high standards for audio.

I have had several Logitech surround systems on various PCs and the Bose V5 PC speakers that I have now sound WAAAAY better. From the base to the mids to the highs they are much clearer and punchier for both music and games. You miss a very small amount with them not being a true 5.1 in FPS games- but for that I wear headphones anyway.

Don't bash what you know nothing about. If you are suggesting that a HK full stereo system complete with amps and 10" speakers is better- I totally agree with you. But for the money spent? Honestly hothing comes close. Just had to say it.

Um ... okay. The BOSE 2.1 systems I've heard were all bass, some midrange, and awful treble.

At the time, I heard just as much clarity coming out of my Z-340 Logitechs. What they lacked in overall bass quality was made up for with reasonably accurate treble and decent midrange.

Maybe I didn't give both a fair, enclosed-room sit down ...

Last edited:
"He could, but any basic 2.1 Logitech system for $30 sounds about the same ...

Back on topic .."

I could not disagree more.

Honestly- if you cant tell the difference in the Logitech and the Bose- you really should go get your hearing checked. Clearly you don't have high standards for audio.

Don't bash what you know nothing about. If you are suggesting that a HK full stereo system complete with amps and 10" speakers is better- I totally agree with you. But for the money spent? Honestly hothing comes close. Just had to say it.

I concur! IMO, most people that bashed on Bose prob never had them to begin with and they were prob just followed the bash bandwagon. If you can't distinguish bose and logitech then you should just go to walmart and buy $10 speakers. However, I agree that they do not worth retail value.

Last edited:
I'm in the dark most of the time, there are no windows in this room and all the light comes in the form of 2 75W incandescent bulbs. Cable management and carpet soon, can't part with my cube desk though...

Today, me starting my weekend:

dscn0737large.jpg

I'm in the dark most of the time, there are no windows in this room and all the light comes in the form of 2 75W incandescent bulbs. Cable management and carpet soon, can't part with my cube desk though...

Today, me starting my weekend:

dscn0737large.jpg

hows the C-100 compare to the C-8?

hows the C-100 compare to the C-8?

No comparison. The C-100s work for low volume near-field listening, but they are just a nice cheap desktop speaker ($100 they are great for new speakers). The C-8s can pump out the volume, have house-pounding bass, and sound leagues better at higher volumes.

If someone were to find a nice used set for $400-$500, get the C-8s and be happy. The more recent C-Series are below what the C-Series of the past were. More than one person has the AVS Energy thread about how they were disappointed going from C-2s to C-300s, and even C-2s to C-500s. I bought some larger C-Series units and ended up selling them to a friend who was more into them than I was. I also had 2 C-6s that I sold when I was able to find another set of C-8s on craigslist.

How can you edit text without home/end and page up/down buttons on a Mac. Does it even have delete, or just backspace?

How can you edit text without home/end and page up/down buttons on a Mac. Does it even have delete, or just backspace?

"command + arrow" does the first four functions. fn + backspace = delete. once you learn them, you don't miss them.

Monitor.jpg

Nothing special, just a tidy desk and monitor. Changed my mouse to a logitech m205 tho. This was taken last November.

Welcome to my 90s office! Seriously I just got here so the stuff on my desk are pretty much leftovers... from the 90s...

http://vellu.fi/picture_library/numbaone.JPG[/IMG]

http://vellu.fi/picture_library/numbatwo.JPG[/IMG]

what do you have now?

Back