Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

3550393321_c2cb6e39bf.jpg

Hey all, I'm new here, and I posted this in the show your workstations thread as well.
Will be buying a new camera in the near future, so apologies for the iphone bluriness.
Some very impressive setups here! I have to say, all this thread makes me want to do is spend money :p.

Ok I just got my two new Dell 2709w's yesterday and thought I would post a before and after shot.

Before:

After:

Wow, that looks great man, that is what I plan to do. Half way there right now :D. Need to save money and wait for another half off deal from Dell haha. (I paid $550 CAD for mine, original is $999)

cc2096: Must have that Star Trek wallpaper! I couldn't find on any of the main Trek sites.

EDIT: A friend just e-mailed it. ;)

@Frraksurred

Nice setup you have there I like it.

@ih8tspam

He probably got it from here.

No Wrong

I got from 170 Nature Full HD Wallpapers [1920x1080]

and

@Nahid I sent you the picture in email

Would anyone happen to have the Ikea Fredrik Desk? I'd like to see it in a real life situation. :p

73008pe189262s4.jpg

It is an old O'Sullivan I bought at Staples about 9 years ago. Several have asked me about it, unfortunately I cannot seem to find them anywhere today.

It orignally came with a hutch as seen in this picture:

However I had to remove it for the third 30". I've been shopping for a new one becuase this thing is shrinking fast, lol. I'm going to hate to give it up though, it's been a great desk.

Nothing special. but my setup at home for doing whatever office work I bring home... Compaq C702TU arranged split screen with 19" Samsung SyncMaster 923NW. Am working as Senior Domain Admin for an online e-card company.

computersetupathome3.jpg

computersetupathome2.jpg

computersetupathome1.jpg

Am getting the Acer AspireOne D150 mini notebook soon, shall post more pics then when arrange a 3-screen split screen. :) :p :D:D:D:D

I trade stocks at home for maybe 2 hours a day and the rest at work on a few laptops.

I run a setup of 2 Dell 2209WAs portraited on the side of a Samsung LN40A500 40" 1080P LCD HDTV. I also run 2 15" 1280x1024 laptops near that as well. The TV is great for research, trading actions and the sides are great for tracking prices and viewing graphs.

I would stray away from TN panels as the poor viewing angles are problematic in display arrays. I'd spend about $200 - $300 per display for decent 22" displays and get 4 to start; if I were you.Go with any of the IPS or PVA variants and you'll be fine. For stands, there is a seller on google who has very inexpensive arms ($150 for a six pot stand); I'll post it when I get home tonight.

For trading purposes, do you think the improved viewing angle of the 22" e-IPS is more useful than higher resolution and screen size and lower price of comparable 22-24" TN monitor? Is viewing angle an issue in a display array that is properly angled with a good stand?

How do you like the 2209WAs, any pics?

For trading purposes, do you think the improved viewing angle of the 22" e-IPS is more useful than higher resolution and screen size and lower price of comparable 22-24" TN monitor? Is viewing angle an issue in a display array that is properly angled with a good stand?

How do you like the 2209WAs, any pics?

I have tried to use other people's TN monitors and I don't care for it when used in arrays as some of the edges of the further panels look a little weird. I do like my 2209WAs and would buy them again. Really I don't seriously watch more than 10 stocks at a given moment, and run tickers for the maybe 20 - 30 stocks of only slight interest. So having more real estate than I currently have wouldn't be that more useful to me. I know that currency trading is quite a bit more intense though.

I also don't have good enough vision that a 1920x1080 22 or 24" panel several feet away would work for me without moving around a bit, proper angles aren't the biggest issue when I can't really read it well, but are still apparent to blind old me even when positioned properly on a good stand.

I can take a picture later as I am at work right now.

EDIT: I'll repost this and the pics over in your other thread.

Last edited:
Hey guys!!

I just signed up to hardforum a few weeks ago!!
Anyways, I wanted to contribute with a pic of my setup!!
My pc: AMD 9950BE quadcore, 4GBram, 500GB HDD, Asus m3n72d, Corsair 850W, gtx260 SLI
Display: Samsun 40" LNA550 tv
and here's the pic:
IMG_6532.jpg

he said in a different thread that he can play 2 people on the different monitors (one on the big screen and one on the little LCD)

Here's a quick photo of my temporary setup. I apologize for the iPhone quality photo but my widest lens is still not wide enough at 85mm on my 40D...This will be updated in about 3 weeks when I move, but I thought I'd do a before and after shot.

Dell 22" + Westinghouse 21"
3568371593_16b92105ae_o.jpg

Nice to see others with the L246WP too :)

You know you can disable the power led if it disturbs you, right? :)

next it looks really good witout the hutch. =) clean..

Thanks. I do like clean, but I also miss the storage. I'm contemplating another desk (Bush Quantum series) that would give me a little more room and add a mobile drawer unit. If nothing else I can move the setup into a corner and add some wall hanging storage above the monitors. Undecided yet.

be nice :p

I keep putting off cleaning the rats nest of wires and the desk in general

P1010039.jpg

Edit: Sorry for the shitty pictures, I need to buy a new digital camera

Back