Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Has anyone else noticed that the poster has 4 of the same keyboard...

I think he only has 2 of the same one. The num pads come off acting as a remote and he just has both up by the keyboard closest to the tv. Could be missing something though :D

Thats F***Kin sweet mate.
Where u live, New York?
Where was your desk purchased from :D

i just got a new vizio 32 inch 1080p hdtv.i got to say the thing is awesome.i couldnt believe what a difference in gaming visuals WOW.

004-1.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, Ballpoint actually has 2 different models of keyboard. The darker one closest to the monitor is the Logitech Dinovo bluetooth model, the one closer to the chair is the Logitech Dinovo Media Desktop wireless keyboard. I like the convenience of bluetooth but it eats batteries for breakfast when used on a keyboard - seems fine on a mouse though.

Here is an updated picture of my rig:

six_monitors.jpg

I *FINALLY* got rid of the milkcrates and bought proper mounts. I also switched to 5 19" and 1 19" widescreen. The Apple aluminum keyboard is something I'm trying out - while I like the looks of it, it feels a bit funny and I am definitely a lot slower typing on it than on my Dinovo.

i just got a new vizio 32 inch 1080p hdtv.i got to say the thing is awesome.i couldnt believe what a difference in gaming visuals WOW.

[http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c301/Odinsepsilonserver/004-1.jpg[/IMG]QUOTE]

Got that same monitor 2 weeks ago posted a couple pages back.

[http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c301/Odinsepsilonserver/004-1.jpg[/IMG]QUOTE]

Got that same monitor 2 weeks ago posted a couple pages back.

how are you liking your's so far?im loving the thing myself! ive tried a couple of movies,and some games.ive played l4d ,and crysis warhead on it.both looked fantastic.

*snip*[/QUOTE]

Yeah, where did that desk come from? :)

A few years ago there was a guy here, I think his name was Cavedog, and he hand-built a desk just like that but with two-level shelves, and it was - and still is to me - the baddest freakin' desk I've ever seen. He even published the schematics but, I can't find that thread anymore, might have been lost long ago.

But his design was very similar to that, L-shape, huge, with tons of space and raised shelving units off on the wings of the desk. It was absolutely gorgeous, wouldn't mind finding the plans or even the images of the work he did once again.

If anyone knows where to find that stuff, feel free to share or PM the info. Appreciated...

And ballpoint, gorgeous setup. :)

If I'm not mistaken, Ballpoint actually has 2 different models of keyboard. The darker one closest to the monitor is the Logitech Dinovo bluetooth model, the one closer to the chair is the Logitech Dinovo Media Desktop wireless keyboard. I like the convenience of bluetooth but it eats batteries for breakfast when used on a keyboard - seems fine on a mouse though.

I *FINALLY* got rid of the milkcrates and bought proper mounts. I also switched to 5 19" and 1 19" widescreen. The Apple aluminum keyboard is something I'm trying out - while I like the looks of it, it feels a bit funny and I am definitely a lot slower typing on it than on my Dinovo.

Nope those are definitely 2 Dinovos(the one near the BIG lcd have two media pads next to it).. I have two of them too for 7 years now and yes the media pad eats lots of batt =( but heck these keyboard is the only board I would type on.. Professional looking and sexy..
And dang so many LCDs =)

I wonder if they'll release an illuminated Dinovo..

Nope those are definitely 2 Dinovos(the one near the BIG lcd have two media pads next to it).. I have two of them too for 7 years now and yes the media pad eats lots of batt =( but heck these keyboard is the only board I would type on.. Professional looking and sexy..
And dang so many LCDs =)

I wonder if they'll release an illuminated Dinovo..

There are 2 versions of that type of DiNovo - the darker keyboard is Bluetooth, the lighter one is wireless. I have owned both types myself and still use the wireless, the difference in colour is fairly subtle unless you put them side-by-side like Ballpoint did.

And if they ever put out an illuminated DiNovo, I'll be in front of that lineup at the store :)

^^ You're right rtang I'm using both the RF and bluetooth version. I have two computers in this setup. I find the RF version better for gaming.

I think wireless keyboards are one of the biggest items crying out for that "power pad" technology.

I don't know where the desk came from. It was purchased in 2001 for my client's office. I have no idea from where and there are no markings I can find on the desk. I have spent so much time thinking about my computing environment over the years, and I used to eyeball this desk when I was in their office, lol.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. It's icing on the cake! I sure get a lot of value out of this setup, considering I'm a full-time self-employed web designer, hardcore PC gamer, and blu-ray + surround sound enthusiast. It provides my livelihood and the majority of my entertainment, not to mention my ongoing education lol. I live in Burlington, Ontario, which sits on Lake Ontario.

That's an amazing setup, I've been looking for a desk like that for my new apartment and I'm probably going to build one.
I'll post up schematics and a pictures if I decided to do it. (well schematics can come earlier).

@ Ballpoint: Congrats on the amazing setup, I'm jealous of your view.

how are you liking your's so far?im loving the thing myself! ive tried a couple of movies,and some games.ive played l4d ,and crysis warhead on it.both looked fantastic.

I will love it more when I get my glasses in tuesday. For some reason with contacts I cant sit at my computer more than a hour before my eyes hurt. Movies are amazing! I just went down to comcast and got my DVR box and watch E.T. in hi-def and it was great. I love how many inputs this thing has. And I love the $500 bucks I paid for it actually only $350 after I sold my 22" for monies.

More props to Ballpoint! Yours is the first setup with a better view than I have from my loft.

hey buddy, i didnt know we were letting such young members join the forum. oh well, i guess the world is changing....

also, pharoah, are those 4" or 5 1/2" drivers on the klipsch speakers?

Yup that's what they are, Debranded HP's. BrainC0DE where did you pic those up?

Yup that's what they are, Debranded HP's. BrainC0DE where did you pic those up?

I know they had a deal going a little while back for 200 a piece. These were the monitors (iirc) that you would get from the deal.

Back