Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Thought I'd share this updated picture of my main workstation.

2856542558_802437b2ed_b.jpg

More information / pictures here: http://flickr.com/photos/bwa32/sets/72157607284828899/

Great setups, guys!

Sick.

o haha my mistake, im waiting for it to land here in the US, which it has, but not yet available. Guess ill be switching to sprint in the next few weeks for my future phone :) btw, is there a standard 3.5mm headphone jack becuase i do use my iphone as an ipod, so that would be very useful but i havent gotten any conformation from anywhere. But i guess you can tell me :)

Touch Pro has a proprietary format, like almost every HTC. So, it doesn't have the 3.5mm plug, but you can buy a adapter!
I see a lot of rigs with more than 2 screens... why so many?! Hahaha

Great looking setup but I'm loving the pocketless, pocket door. I might steal that idea for a future remodel.

Thanks. The other thing I did "right" was putting some outlets near the desk 35" off the floor--i.e., so that they are above the surface of the desk, rather than 18" from the floor. In highsight, I should have done more raised outlets, and maybe some Ethernet ports at that level too.

Overall it came out well, considering I had a very tight time frame (28 days from gutting to move in). The trim in my office was done after move in, as was punching down all the Ethernet drops and the in-wall speaker wires.

For those asking what I do--I spend the bulk of my time writing and debugging code (software engineer).

For those asking what I do--I spend the bulk of my time writing and debugging code (software engineer).
Yeah yeah yeah, nice cover. Now show us the back of your head :mad:
I know there's a hole to plug into the matrix there!

bwa32, is that all hooked up to one pc? :D

Yep, all on one computer. 8 cores, 12 GB of RAM. I think the office altogether has ~24 cores, 54 GB of RAM. Most of the computer use serial consoles so I just have 11 monitors including a laptop. More pictures on flickr (link above).

No matrix ports in the back of my head (or anywhere else) as far as I know :)

bwa32

what is the idea behind that split apart keyboard. really like the setup btw.

Thanks. The keyboard is a customized Kinesis Freestyle. I have three of them and highly recommend them, despite the cost. I recommend getting the 20" cable instead of the 8". I'm fairly tall and have broad shoulders; after using these for a year, I found my posture has improved significantly--less hunching over. My girlfriend is a personal trainer, so she gets onto me about posture. :)

Here's a closer picture of one of the keyboards:

2871112585_bb33532cf0_b.jpg

Do you know which key switch is used in Freestyle?
I played with my friend's Advantage and it felt like Cherry's blue switch.

Do you know which key switch is used in Freestyle?
I played with my friend's Advantage and it felt like Cherry's blue switch.

Sadly it's:

The Freestyle Solo utilizes a quiet, low-force, tactile membrane key switch. Rated at 10 million operations the Solo will provide years of comfortable typing.​

http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/freestyle-solo-features.htm

The key switches were initially very disappointing when I got my first one. But I got used to it, and frankly, for me the separation of the halves outweighs the switches. I haven't seen too many other keyboards like this (please post if you know of others, I just know of one other).

I had long wanted to buy a Kinesis Evolution (now discontinued) but at the time I couldn't justify it when I had a working Apple Adjustable Keyboard. After the Apple Adjustable died, I used regular keyboards for a long time--but the separated halves are better.

I just got a new desk, monitor arm and matching 2nd monitor... having two monitors side-by-side was a long time coming. I hope I'm not out of line posting this in all three relevant topics at [H]ard|Forum.

Pictured:
Safco 1933 - 54'' Reversible Top Desk
Two (2) Samsung 226BW 22'' LCD monitors
Humanscale M7 Dual-monitor mount (M7T2A22G17Q)
Logitech THX Z-5300e 280 Watts RMS 5.1 Speakers
Logitech Quickcam Fusion
Saitek Eclipse keyboard
Logitech MX Revolution wireless mouse
Antec P180 computer case
Samsung LN-T3253H 32'' LCD TV

Mr_+B_s+Desk+2.jpg

Wonderfull desk.. the room.. so clean.. really nice.. but about the speakers behind the monitors... does they "sound" good ?

My new rig with optiplex 755'n 2408wfp.
imagem070gr1.jpg

Pô, outro brazuca na área ?
Morando fora, suponho.. parabéns pelo pc, e pelos brinquedos.

Cara, tô namorando há um tempão um HTC Diamond.. me diga, se puder, o que acha dele, o que poderia ser melhor....

Estou esperando ver se aparece oficialmente aqui no Brasil.. tá dificil :(

Se puder poste umas fotos do pc... e, cara, sobre o mouse.. é um Mx revolution ? Estou de olho num MX 1000, que acho que tem as mesmas medidas. MInhas mãos são grandes e o mouse do MS Desktop 5000 ficou muito baixo para mim :(.. o que me diz do mouse ?

what is the third one mr. b? wallpaper link of atlantis too? :D
The lollipop is from Mandolux. The TV background is just a paused frame from the last episode.
http://www.mandolux.com/archive/2008/0217.html
Wonderfull desk.. the room.. so clean.. really nice.. but about the speakers behind the monitors... does they "sound" good ?
It's not an awful situation, but I do with it was practically to place them properly. I usually fade music towards the front speakers. When I do play 5.1 games, which isn't often, the sound is different enough that I know where it's supposed to be coming from.

I couldn't find the original location of the image, but I've uploaded it for you guys that want it to my Photobucket. Enjoy. She is the new Lara Croft, Alison Carroll.

*snip*
AWESOME! I never liked Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider. And this Carroll is actually british! :D

Pô, outro brazuca na área ?
Morando fora, suponho.. parabéns pelo pc, e pelos brinquedos.

Cara, tô namorando há um tempão um HTC Diamond.. me diga, se puder, o que acha dele, o que poderia ser melhor....

Estou esperando ver se aparece oficialmente aqui no Brasil.. tá dificil :(

Se puder poste umas fotos do pc... e, cara, sobre o mouse.. é um Mx revolution ? Estou de olho num MX 1000, que acho que tem as mesmas medidas. MInhas mãos são grandes e o mouse do MS Desktop 5000 ficou muito baixo para mim :(.. o que me diz do mouse ?

Hahaha, fala cara, beleza?!
Não to morando fora não, to aqui em Curitba/PR! Mas já costumava frequentar aqui faz um tempo e só agora me cadastrei!
Então, acho que nem vão lançar o Diamond ou o Touch Pro por aqui, visto o custo elevado dele lá fora e que eles sempre deixam o melhor longe dos brasileiros.
Eu tinha um Diamond e passei pra minha namorada agora que peguei o Pro, e cara, são dois ótimos celulares mas sem sombra de dúvidas que o Pro é bem melhor, ainda mais se você for usar a interace TouchFlow, que eu particularmente deixo desabilitada, pois o Diamond só possui 192Mb de memória Rom, o que deixa tudo no celular bem 'pesado', enquanto o Pro tem quase 380Mb! Sem contar o teclado deslizante do Pro ( estilo Tytn II ) que torna as coisas muito mais fáceis, pq cara, digitar naquele tecladinho do Diamond, é tristeza até se acostumar, sem contar o fato de que você falou que tem mãos grandes, vai penar no bixo!
O mouse é um Mx Revolution sim, e cara, te digo com toda certeza do mundo. É o MELHOR mouse do mundo! Não tem pra Razer e nem nada, nessa a Logitech acertou no ponto! É rápido, se adapta a qualquer formato de mão ( eu digo que a minha é média, e ainda sobra um bom espaço no mouse - minha namorada que tem "maozinha" usa tranquilo também! ). Nunca cheguei a usar o do MS 5000, mas pelo que eu vejo em fotos e etc, não me parece muito confortável não!
E não pegue o MX 1000, caso não for pegar o revolution. Pegue logo o Mx 1100, que é mais próximo do Revolution, mas perde no quesito não ter bateria interna e no acabamento!
Grande abraço

I've finally settled into my new system. LCDs are Dell 3007 primary with 52" Toshiba Regza secondary. Regza is doing 1920x1080 perfectly over HDMI.

master-shot.jpg

The Regza has become my gaming display. It's got a response time of 8ms by default, which goes down to 5ms if you switch to "game mode." I don't see much of a difference in the response to be honest. Since my Dell 3007 is 11ms and I have been happily using it for almost 3 years, I'm really impressed with the Regza for gaming. There's no ghosting whatsoever, colours and detail are incredible.

The 52" is about 5.5 feet from my eyes. My eyes line up with the bottom of the screen. The screen has a slight downward tilt. I'm brainstorming ways to get the height of the Regza down a bit with the same vertically stacked configuration. I think the solution is to change my desk so that the Dell 3007 sits down a bit lower. I'll probably modify my desk Dremel style to have a lower shelf for the monitor to sit on.

left-case-open.jpg

The Regza only cost me $1600! The way I look at it, I was already shopping for a secondary display. Had been considering another 3007 or a 3008, but then I would still have been watching movies on a 30 inch display. What's more, earlier this year I got really annoyed with going to the movies. At my peak a few years ago, I was going to two movies per week on average. Usually alone because for me it was all about the movie itself, and the popcorn. I'd spend about $30 per trip on average. In 2007 I saw about 40 movies, so that's $1200. After the movie theatre screwed up my screening of Dark Knight, I decided to stop paying so much to see a movie one time and get some home theatre going. The next time I plan to go to the movies is for Avatar. So I think this is really the optimal purchase when you consider how much I love movies and games. Not to mention it's coming in pretty handy for my work.

I originally bought the 46" inch Sharp Aquos for that price and then returned it after a week for this panel at the exact same price. Believe it or not the Regza is a far superior panel in my opinion. Much deeper and more varied black levels, and the colours are more evenly saturated and luminous. My Aquos had reds that bled all over the place and I couldn't get rid of it with the menus. Every pixel is perfect on the Regza and the contrast is more uniformly impressive than the Aquos. As a PC display it's far superior. Text didn't look very good on the Aquos. The Aquos had terrible response feel compared to the Regza.

The picture is beautiful with Blu-ray. Have watched 2001, Blade Runner, Speed Racer, Road Warrior, etc. on Blu-ray and I'm very happy to have made the move into HD home theatre. I did the standard calibration for my viewing environment. Not gonna bother with the service panel calibration as I don't want to void the warranty. I bought an extended 4 year replacement warranty so I'm not too worried about anything going wrong.

media-cabinet.jpg

I have a few different Catalyst profiles to switch the displays around for various uses. All the profiles have vertical alignment of the desktops. A second display makes it so easy to track temps and processor activity, not to mention keeping an eye on e-mails, etc.

1. Vertical Production on Two screens. Dell 3007 primary at 2560x1600. Regza 52" secondary at 1920x1080. GPU fan 40%

2. Gaming. Regza 52" primary at 1920x1080. Dell 3007 secondary at 2560x1600. GPU fan 50%

3. Blu-ray. Top screen primary at 1920x1080. Bottom screen secondary at 1920x1080. GPU fan 33%

cosmos-guts.jpg

543watts.jpg

ghetto-stand.jpg

More info here

Is that Defcon on the screen?

Hahaha, fala cara, beleza?!
Não to morando fora não, to aqui em Curitba/PR! Mas já costumava frequentar aqui faz um tempo e só agora me cadastrei!
Então, acho que nem vão lançar o Diamond ou o Touch Pro por aqui, visto o custo elevado dele lá fora e que eles sempre deixam o melhor longe dos brasileiros.
Eu tinha um Diamond e passei pra minha namorada agora que peguei o Pro, e cara, são dois ótimos celulares mas sem sombra de dúvidas que o Pro é bem melhor, ainda mais se você for usar a interace TouchFlow, que eu particularmente deixo desabilitada, pois o Diamond só possui 192Mb de memória Rom, o que deixa tudo no celular bem 'pesado', enquanto o Pro tem quase 380Mb! Sem contar o teclado deslizante do Pro ( estilo Tytn II ) que torna as coisas muito mais fáceis, pq cara, digitar naquele tecladinho do Diamond, é tristeza até se acostumar, sem contar o fato de que você falou que tem mãos grandes, vai penar no bixo!
O mouse é um Mx Revolution sim, e cara, te digo com toda certeza do mundo. É o MELHOR mouse do mundo! Não tem pra Razer e nem nada, nessa a Logitech acertou no ponto! É rápido, se adapta a qualquer formato de mão ( eu digo que a minha é média, e ainda sobra um bom espaço no mouse - minha namorada que tem "maozinha" usa tranquilo também! ). Nunca cheguei a usar o do MS 5000, mas pelo que eu vejo em fotos e etc, não me parece muito confortável não!
E não pegue o MX 1000, caso não for pegar o revolution. Pegue logo o Mx 1100, que é mais próximo do Revolution, mas perde no quesito não ter bateria interna e no acabamento!
Grande abraço

Olha que boy hein.. montar um pczão desses com esses brinquedos extras aqui no Brasil não é para qualquer um hein ! :D... pode postar mais fotos do "bebê" aí ?

Sobre o HTC, putz.. eu estou louco querendo um.. conseguiu os seus como, comprou por aqui eu trouxe de fora ?
Sobre o mouse vou seguir sua dica, mesmo com o preço alto deles aqui... :D

Obrigadão pela ajuda !

Olha que boy hein.. montar um pczão desses com esses brinquedos extras aqui no Brasil não é para qualquer um hein ! :D... pode postar mais fotos do "bebê" aí ?

Sobre o HTC, putz.. eu estou louco querendo um.. conseguiu os seus como, comprou por aqui eu trouxe de fora ?
Sobre o mouse vou seguir sua dica, mesmo com o preço alto deles aqui... :D

Obrigadão pela ajuda !

Boy.. hahaha. Trabalhador cara, mas gasto no que gosto!
Depois eu tiro mais fotos aqui, pode deixar.

Um amigo meu tras de fora esses celulares cara. Consegue vários modelos da HTC.
E eu paguei 320 no Revolution. Não acho 'caro' pela qualidade do mouse.

Boy.. hahaha. Trabalhador cara, mas gasto no que gosto!
Depois eu tiro mais fotos aqui, pode deixar.

Um amigo meu tras de fora esses celulares cara. Consegue vários modelos da HTC.
E eu paguei 320 no Revolution. Não acho 'caro' pela qualidade do mouse.

Boy foi no sentido de ter coisas boas.. :).. mas eu sei bem como é quando você trabalha pakas, gasta com o gosto (no caso, pc) e o pessoal acha que cai do céu.. não foi minha intenção dizer isso.. :(

Sobre as fotos, quando puder, por favor..:D
Poxa, sobre o HTC... tenho que conhecer esse seu amigo hein.. ;)
E sobre o mouse, amei o preço, bem menor que os das lojas aqui... realmente de babar o mouse, vou decidir pela compra dele então !!! Faz tempo que procuro um mouse mais "alto", "gordo" e não acho.. pensei que o Microsoft 5000 seria mas ainda é baixo para mim.. :(

Vou ficar no aguardo das fotinhos então!! E, mais uma vez, parabéns pela mesa e lindão o monitor... mas eu babei mesmo nos celulares.. :D

so why do you have 2 xbox 360's for?? I have 2 for one used in the living room and now i notice no point for it.

Back