Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

from this

DSC00922.JPG

to this

DSC00929.JPG

DSC00936.JPG

pictures suck, but you get the idea of the upgrade

dohc3si said:
For those of you that are race fans. :) 3 Samsungs 971Ps w/ a TripleHead2Go.
[/IMG]

WOWOWOWOWO

how much does that set-up cost? I wanna do that!

For those of you that are race fans. 3 Samsungs 971Ps w/ a TripleHead2Go.
Wow could I possibly be shown up more!! I mean this guy who posts after me has to have a friggin arcade in his computer. Man talk about get pwned! :rolleyes: haha nice setup dude..

dohc3si said:
I don't really have a work log per say. I kind of just pieced it together. I guess I should make out like a little schematic because I had a few people ask me for them. The seat is from a 93' Nissan 300zx. I got it from a junk yard for 75 bucks. The G25 wheel and pedals are awesome. The shifter is ok but it does the job. It feels like a little toy but I still it through it's paces. It's got a one year warranty on it. I well see how it holds up. But the wheel and pedals feel pretty solid and the force feedback is pretty nice too.

I have 2 questions:
1) the gear shift, is it the conventional car type gear shift? Or the standard sport car type gear shift? I know from other owners of sport cars that their gear shift is different than regular cheap car gear shift.

2) What if you don't step on the clutch as you switch gear? Will the software detect your error and stall the car?

Capt. Canada said:
Wow could I possibly be shown up more!! I mean this guy who posts after me has to have a friggin arcade in his computer. Man talk about get pwned! :rolleyes: haha nice setup dude..

hahaha, that made me laugh. Didn't mean to show anyone up. I can take the pictures down. :D Edit: I love the monitor arm. Is that the NeoFlex from Ergotron? How do you like it? Does it seem like it will hold a decent amount of weight? Thanks!

I have 2 questions:
1) the gear shift, is it the conventional car type gear shift? Or the standard sport car type gear shift? I know from other owners of sport cars that their gear shift is different than regular cheap car gear shift.

2) What if you don't step on the clutch as you switch gear? Will the software detect your error and stall the car?

1. The G25 has actually three ways of shifting. You can use the standard "H-Shift" method, or use the toggle knob on the shifter and use the "slap shifting". Which just shifts up or down or you can use the or paddle shifters on the wheel.

2. It depends on the game. In rFactor and GTR2, you can easily stall the car by being in the wrong gear or not feathering the clutch when launching. It acts very close to a real car. By not using the clutch and trying to switch gears, the game allows you to but I haven't seen or tested if it had any bad long-term effects on the tranny or not. I just usually use the clutch. :)

dohc3si said:
hahaha, that made me laugh. Didn't mean to show anyone up. I can take the pictures down. :D Edit: I love the monitor arm. Is that the NeoFlex from Ergotron? How do you like it? Does it seem like it will hold a decent amount of weight? Thanks!

1. The G25 has actually three ways of shifting. You can use the standard "H-Shift" method, or use the toggle knob on the shifter and use the "slap shifting". Which just shifts up or down or you can use the or paddle shifters on the wheel.

2. It depends on the game. In rFactor and GTR2, you can easily stall the car by being in the wrong gear or not feathering the clutch when launching. It acts very close to a real car. By not using the clutch and trying to switch gears, the game allows you to but I haven't seen or tested if it had any bad long-term effects on the tranny or not. I just usually use the clutch. :)

someone really likes cars......

i have no idea aobut clutches and gearboxes, but do games really emulate the real car that precisely?

hahaha, that made me laugh. Didn't mean to show anyone up. I can take the pictures down. Edit: I love the monitor arm. Is that the NeoFlex from Ergotron? How do you like it? Does it seem like it will hold a decent amount of weight? Thanks!

lol No, its okay man leave the pics up they are b-e-a-uitful!
About the Ergotron Neo-Flex. It is a very handy gadget and I believe it was a wise purchase. I can easily retract it to the wall for when I need task space or "pull" it out when I want to game. When I want to watch a movie in bed I can push the screen over and tilt it accordingly. This thing is perfect for any situation. And to think all I wanted originally was the height adjustablity.

A few cons:
- If you "clamp" the LCD to the same surface as your keyboard, aggressive typers may find they can shake the LCD screen. Ideally you would like a second level shelf to clamp the Neo-Flex on to in order to minimize these pesky vibrations.
- you have to modify the pivot points on the LCD arm to suit your screen. You will have to use the included allan keys to strengthen these "pivot points" at the back. Although it is really easy to do. See pic...
LCDArm.jpg

Capt. Canada said:
About the Ergotron Neo-Flex. It is a very handy gadget and I believe it was a wise purchase. I can easily retract it to the wall for when I need task space or "pull" it out when I want to game. When I want to watch a movie in bed I can push the screen over and tilt it accordingly. This thing is perfect for any situation. And to think all I wanted originally was the height adjustablity....
Agreed, it's great piece of hardware... it holds my 20.1" Dell 2005fpw without any problems :)

Philwong said:
My setup...

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

Ex Sony G420 user here.

Phil

May i please see more pics of ur desk? i really like it and would need more pics so that i can make one myself...

dohc3si said:
You've impressed me, and that's hard to do!
Way go to! Hope you get a lot of use out of that setup.

first, dohc3si that is one KICK ASS setup. IF i played racing games, I would have to copy you in every single way. Reminds me of playin Cruisin USA in the arcades or sumthin.

Klintor said:
Buffbiff21...that is a LOT of trident gum. Did you used to smoke or something?!

Come on guys, theres Dentyne there too.....

dohc3si said:

Cockpit02.jpg

Few questions, One what game is that?, two did you jack someones leather car seat, or did you buy that from somewhere?.

My bad,

ThatsAgood1jay said:
Few questions, One what game is that?, two did you jack someones leather car seat, or did you buy that from somewhere?.
Read. Previous. Posts.

In other words:

Look up, and on the previous page :D

hey dohc3si very nice setup man...ive been wanting to do the same type of thing but not enough funds for that..i gotta ask what setup are u running?

btw from the name im guessing u like hondas.... HONDA ftw :D :D :D

My best photoshop efforts :) Well, not my best, but ok i guess lol. I LOVE this wallpaper too, so I photoshopped the icons and taskbar out and posted this in the interim till the real one is available.

eab16hatchie said:
hey dohc3si very nice setup man...ive been wanting to do the same type of thing but not enough funds for that..i gotta ask what setup are u running?

btw from the name im guessing u like hondas.... HONDA ftw :D :D :D

Actually, the engines in my Stealths are DOHC. But you were close and one of the few that knew what it meant. :D As for the PC:

Aerocool AeroEngine II Case
Aerocool GateWatch Fan Controller
Aerocool 550W Turbine Power Power Supply
(3) Thermaltake BlueEyed Smartcase 120mm fans
Asus A8N32-SLI
AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego OC'd to 2.8GHz
ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED
Corsair 2GB XMS-3500LL PRO
Western Digital 150GB Raptor X
Western Digital 500GB
(2) Asus 7800GTX TOP in SLI
(3) Samsung 971P 19" LCD
Matrox TripleHead2Go

Gaming Equipment
Logitech G5 Laser Mouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Logitech Z-5500 Digital Surround Sound
Saitek X52 Flight Control System
Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Bad ass. Thanks for the new background. :D

prototype_sx said:

My best photoshop efforts :) Well, not my best, but ok i guess lol. I LOVE this wallpaper too, so I photoshopped the icons and taskbar out and posted this in the interim till the real one is available.

Welp I was going to Best buy with the mentality go big or go home and came out with two Samsung 225BW's
dembones.jpg

Sorry its dark it was my phone and my desk is a bit dirty lol

Heres guildwars at an odd res lmao

Pairof22s.jpg

^how can you play like that? it would drive me mad crazy to have the image split in the middle :eek:

Back