Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

mashie said:
workstation6.jpg

Dell 2001FP for the server and a 3007WFP for the workstation.

workstation7.jpg

And further to the right a 56" DLP for the HTPC.

Are you the one who showed the walk through from the "Y2k bug" that is sitting on the shelf in the first picture. I remember going through some pages on someone making on, was that you??

sin01 said:
Are you the one who showed the walk through from the "Y2k bug" that is sitting on the shelf in the first picture. I remember going through some pages on someone making on, was that you??
Yea, he's the one (to the best of my knowledge).

sin01 said:

Yea Mashie made the Y2K bug, as well as every other case you see pictured. The guy is a case modding GOD. :D

As long as we are also posting DLP setups as well...

Here is my $535 TV. Its a Toshiba 52HM95. Yeah, $535 for a working DLP :D

pict0341large1pu.jpg

pict0340large8cs.jpg

I cant wait till I get into my new apartment and get this setup in the living room. Still need to get a nice tv stand and an upconverting DVD player and some nicer cable routing :p

So lemme add up the cost of all this stuff including shipping:

TV - $535 Toshiba 52HM95
Speakers - $300 HTD level 3 bookshelf 5.1 system
Receiver - $180 Harman Kardon AVR-320
Power Conditioner - $40 Belkin PF30

So that makes a whole home theater for less than $1100...
PWND :D

antok86 said:
is that a "remote wonder?" how do you like it? thinking of picking one up......
I have had a remote wonder forever. I have only used it a few times. If the buttons were in better places, then it would be a useful remote however the only buttons that I ever used were the volume buttons and they are positioned terribly.

nigerian_businessman said:
Do we really need this many pictures? We get it - you trade stocks and have a lot of money. Bravo. We didn't need 18 pictures of the same monitors from slightly different angles to drive the point home.
Someones jealous lol. If I had that setup, I prob woulda post even more pics!

lol when i went back looking and saw that, i was thinking about the same thing. That set up was ... sick. I want even 2, not to mention the like 6 that guy had

mashie, I just wanted to say that I wholeheartedly approve of your setup. Couldn't make out the speakers though, what are they?

hey all, long time lurker thought I'd do it right with my 1st post and show you where I've been lurking from...

desktop5mq1.jpg

I'm diggin' the Tony the Tiger tooth brush.. say that ten times fast.. ;)

Oh, and nice LCD mount action also. GRRRReat!

killernoodle said:
As long as we are also posting DLP setups as well...

Here is my $535 TV. Its a Toshiba 52HM95. Yeah, $535 for a working DLP :D

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/6726/pict0341large1pu.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1774/pict0340large8cs.jpg

I cant wait till I get into my new apartment and get this setup in the living room. Still need to get a nice tv stand and an upconverting DVD player and some nicer cable routing :p

So lemme add up the cost of all this stuff including shipping:

TV - $535 Toshiba 52HM95
Speakers - $300 HTD level 3 bookshelf 5.1 system
Receiver - $180 Harman Kardon AVR-320
Power Conditioner - $40 Belkin PF30

So that makes a whole home theater for less than $1100...
PWND :D

Nice work.. I am always a fan of getting more for less. you might want to invest $20 more in speaker cables and get those rear channels out of the front. ;)

Very nice setup machiavelli. What type of deskmount arms are you using.... are they from Ergotron?

revenant said:
Nice work.. I am always a fan of getting more for less. you might want to invest $20 more in speaker cables and get those rear channels out of the front. ;)

First of all, that speaker wire is 14 gauge copper, so its plenty thick for the speakers. I do need to terminate them with some banana plugs though. And I don't have anywhere to put the rear channels as of now, on August 1st I'll be moving into my apartment with a dedicated living room though, so it'll be all good :)

machiavelli said:
hey all, long time lurker thought I'd do it right with my 1st post and show you where I've been lurking from...

[IMG ]http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/7804/desktop5mq1.jpg[/IMG]
What the crap I thought I was looking at my setup for a second there. I have the same monitors (dual 2405's) same wallpaper, same keyboard and an xbox 360 :confused: I dont have your mounts though :( They look nice what are they?

thanks for the warm reception everyone!

my monitors are mounted with 2 Ergotron Neo-Flex arms that I got a great deal on from Dell Canada, only $150 CDN for the pair! they work pretty well though I wouldn't mount anything bigger then a 2405fpw on them as the joints are tightened to the max just to keep them from sagging... something a little more rugged such as HumanScale may have been a better choice but definitely would never have been a better deal, and who doesn't love a good deal??

Here is a link to my new setup. I have 2 desks kind of jerry rigged together to make one L shaped with a cool design. I also have my build of my new computers in there. Its a link to my personal web server. My setup is on the second page.
Linky
Here are 1 or 2 peeks.
PICT0002.JPG

PICT0003.JPG

sin01 said:
do you use your digital video camera as your digi-cam?
Yes, I use WebCamDV. Its a cool lil program that lets you use it with any webcam setting.

Back