Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

From left to right:

Klipsh 2.1 Speaker System (front speakers)
Dell SX280 (backup server for my business)
linksys wrt54g v4 dd-wrt, linksys cable modem
Dell Axim X5 Pocket PC
(3) Dell 1704FPT's each with an AS501 speaker bar (surround speakers)
Dell multimedia keyboard
Logitech MX400 laser mouse

NOT PICTURED:

Dell Latitude D410 laptop
Dell Poweredge 2550 (primary backup server)
Dell Powervault 220S (currently has (5) 73GB 10k SCSI, but plan to add 10 more)

evs said:
ok. now you got me extremely confused
apex32 must have looked at Boondocks post instead of yours when he made his reply to codeoverride80 saying those were personal pictures.

cyr0n_k0r said:
From left to right:

Klipsh 2.1 Speaker System (front speakers)
Dell SX280 (backup server for my business)
linksys wrt54g v4 dd-wrt, linksys cable modem
Dell Axim X5 Pocket PC
(3) Dell 1704FPT's each with an AS501 speaker bar (surround speakers)
Dell multimedia keyboard
Logitech MX400 laser mouse

NOT PICTURED:

Dell Latitude D410 laptop
Dell Poweredge 2550 (primary backup server)
Dell Powervault 220S (currently has (5) 73GB 10k SCSI, but plan to add 10 more)

What are your speakerbars hooked up to? I mean how do you wire them all? I guess one would be your center but how exactly are you able to hook up the other two?

I finally got around to taking some more pictures. Here is my music rig with the twin 2405s:

newrig01.JPG

newrig02.JPG

They are both mounted on swing arms:

lcdarm.JPG

and here is my shiny new plasma in the living room:

plasma.JPG

cmpsr2000 said:
I finally got around to taking some more pictures. Here is my music rig with the twin 2405s:

http://www.cmpsr2000.com/images/newrig01.J
http://www.cmpsr2000.com/images/newrig02.JPG

They are both mounted on swing arms:
]http://www.cmpsr2000.com/images/lcdarm.JPG

and here is my shiny new plasma in the living room:

http://www.cmpsr2000.com/images/plasma.JPG

Nice setup, looks very expinsive considering the two LCD are about 1600 alone, and you've got some nice rechording stuff.

derrick45123 said:
Nice setup, looks very expinsive considering the two LCD are about 1600 alone, and you've got some nice rechording stuff.

aye, the hardware alone is probably in the 10-15k range, but I've been working on it for 4 years now I think. And that doesn't include pictures of my vapochill gaming rig >.>

VoBoy said:
What are your speakerbars hooked up to? I mean how do you wire them all? I guess one would be your center but how exactly are you able to hook up the other two?

The motherboard has a 7.1 integrated sound card.

So the klipsch's and the center speaker bar are both connected to the "front speakers" output, and the 2 side bars are connected to the "side speakers" output.

Both are connected to 3.5mm splitters. Once I got it working right it actually really sounds nice. The klipsh provides the nice bass, while the speaker bars provide the immersive voice and sound effects of movies.

mutazx said:
Please tell me 'new' equals 'i've just not had time to pull the wires through the wall yet' ? :)

otherwise an amazing setup - v. nice

actually we're going to have to put a wire protector/cable guide there. Can't pull the cables through the wall; appartment :(

But yeah, it's pretty new, I haven't really gotten around to the wire management on it yet. I'll figure out some way to make it all invisible if I have to go so far as to invent invisble paint.

cmpsr2000 said:
actually we're going to have to put a wire protector/cable guide there. Can't pull the cables through the wall; appartment :(

But yeah, it's pretty new, I haven't really gotten around to the wire management on it yet. I'll figure out some way to make it all invisible if I have to go so far as to invent invisble paint.

Zip ties are your friend.

Cable everything up. I hate cables, if there all over the place it annoys me like hell.

I got my new 2007 FPW today and very pleased. Here's a few pics of my setup.
IMAG0139-1.jpg

My 2007 FPW playing LotR
IMAG0138.jpg

MY 17" FP
IMAG0141.jpg

Sorry the crapy pictures I use a vivtiar something...but I really dont feel like going out to pick up a new camrea.

cmpsr2000 said:

Fair enough. Zip tie every 3 inches and then cover it with some of that nice trim you can get from home depot or Lowes :)

bmilleker said:
- Dual Dell 24" 2407FPW
- 2 Wharfedale 8.1 Diamonds powered by a NAD 310 amp.
- Ikea Jerker desk (w00!)

desk.gif

Looks really good! It's a nice setup you got there.

wow that is nice!
A question i have been having, is it better to have two large screens, you inbetween them, or three semi-large screens, with you faceing the center ( or three screens one large, and two small , the small ones on the outside?)

derrick45123 said:
I got my new 2007 FPW today and very pleased. Here's a few pics of my setup.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/Derrick45123/IMAG0139-1.jpg
My 2007 FPW playing LotR
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/Derrick45123/IMAG0138.jpg
MY 17" FP
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/Derrick45123/IMAG0141.jpg

Sorry the crapy pictures I use a vivtiar something...but I really dont feel like going out to pick up a new camrea.

Hey, do you think a 37" westy could fit on that desk up on the shelf thing?

thx. your setup is killer dude

Hey Karan, I got the same printer. I love mine. How's yours?
Only bad thing is that I got some refill inks and now I think it's printing kind of dark. Maybe I got the wrong kind of ink? Do you buy cartridges or just ink?

i used to get mine refilled at first but i found a better deal of late where it worked out better to just buy new cartridges. with refilling, just make sure you do the nozzle cleanup regularly to make sure the pattern is alright. thats the only problem i had.

What's the name for the thing that your chair is on? A friend of mine needs one but because he doesnt know the correct name, he doesnt know how to locate it (the plastic thing the chair is on on top of the carpet)

Karan said:
i used to get mine refilled at first but i found a better deal of late where it worked out better to just buy new cartridges. with refilling, just make sure you do the nozzle cleanup regularly to make sure the pattern is alright. thats the only problem i had.

Hey, who makes that Ferrari wheel?

Dual 2007FP's S-IPS panels A02 revision.

doubleds.jpg

Chucking the folding table soon, for a custom desk my friend is building me.

are any of you guys with 24" widescreens and single-link DVI cables noticing any input lag at all? I've heard a lot of $hit about that it it makes me want to buy a 20" 16x12 instead of a 24" 19x12. However, I'm wondering if I can just buy a dual-link DVI cable and use it with my monitor...

Also, you guys with 30" LCDs, they must come pacakged with a dual-link DVI cable, right? I think that high a resolution needs dual-link. 19x16 @60Hz is the max a single-link can take.

antioch said:
19x16 @60Hz is the max a single-link can take.
not sure if its included but *yes*, 2650x1600 requires the dual-link cable and connection.

Well Im wondering if its possible to use a DualLink DVI cable with a 1920x1600 monitor. That way I could up the refresh rate as well as avoid the input lag.

However, I'm not sure if my monitor or card supports DualLink or if I have to enable it or what. A 7900GT and a Samsung 244T (same panel as the 2407). Both card and monitor have a connector that looks like a DualLink, not single, so physically the cable will connect -- but how do I know if the hardware will support it?

Oldie said:
Dual 2007FP's S-IPS panels A02 revision.

doubleds.jpg

Chucking the folding table soon, for a custom desk my friend is building me.
is that a "remote wonder?" how do you like it? thinking of picking one up......

The input delay some monitors have doesn't relate to the cable but to the internal electronics. Even if you connect a dual-link cable to a single-link monitor it won't operate in dual-link mode nor will it operate at any increased refresh rate (which isn't causing the lag problem).

The dell 30" does come with a dual-link dvi cable in any case.

SLiCkFX said:
Updated setup
1.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find a filing cabinet like is shown in this pic on the right? I pm'd the OP but no reply yet, I want some nice metal drawers like that to store all my junk :D

thanks

Back