Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

dell_xps700_06.jpg
I'd rather have that view than any of these setups.

Is that the Empire State out your window? sorry if i'm totally wrong, i'm aussie and never been to the US... yet. :eek:

mr wolf i was going to ask the samething

I used to live in atlanta w/ a similar view (atlantic station off 17th st), very beautiful...too bad after I moved they built another condo complex across the st. haha so no more view

mr wolf i was going to ask the samething

I used to live in atlanta w/ a similar view (atlantic station off 17th st), very beautiful...too bad after I moved they built another condo complex across the st. haha so no more view

Yeah, it kinda looks like a midtown view of the IBM tower, or whatever that building is on 14th street. The ATL has been overrun with condo developments.

yeah it does look like the IBM building, but it's probably NY like baker suggested...

I figured it looked more like ATL since in NY there would be "clumps" of skyscrapers next to the "lit up" one

yeah it does look like the IBM building, but it's probably NY like baker suggested...

I figured it looked more like ATL since in NY there would be "clumps" of skyscrapers next to the "lit up" one

Looks like Baker is from NY so he oughtta know, but I agree with you that a NY view would seem to have more skyscrapers. Of course, I've never been to NYC so what do I know, anyway? :p

I saw your Alienware 17" gaming notebook in the Mobile Computing forum. Very nice!! I had the Sager 5720 w/7800GTX Go, but sold it because it was just too big for frequent job travel. I still miss my Sager and have been tempted to buy another, but am holding on 'til my tax refund comes in so I can buy an uber-gaming desktop. My Asus V6Va just can't cut it for anything more than light gaming.

haha thanks wolf!

well If I had the space like I had in ATL, then I would love to have another desktop...but since space is so limited (and expensive) here in the bay...I opted for more mobile dtr (even though it's practically stationary 90% of the time)...

the sager 5720 is a great machine, I was considering the new model to upgrade into w/ c2d and the 7950 gtx, but I'll save my money to build another desktop...

IM USING MY MOMS $400 CAMERA BUT WHEN I TRY TO TAKE A PICTURE IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE URS. THE SCREEN IS BRIGHT AND FUZZY. SOMEONE MENTIONED ISO OR SOMEHTING, WHAT DO I DO TO MAKE IT LOOK BETTER?

Here are some pics of my setup. My new pc is being built right now but I just got my Chimei 221d so I thought I would take some before and after pics.

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Screen just came today, replacing my Westinghouse LTV-32w6, brand new Westinghouse LVM-37w3. Specs in sig.

Picture004-2.jpg

Picture003-3.jpg

Picture002-4.jpg

Picture001-4.jpg

^^Nice, I love the suspended speaker setup. Just get some black face plates for your optical drives! :cool:

Black faceplates....yeah, people have told me that...but ya know what? They're Plextor...so I could give a shit. :cool: You know what my favorite part of the setup is? THE BEER

They're Plextor...so I could give a shit. :cool:

Which means....they probably came with a black faceplate in the box! :)

I've got a PX716A, and it's fantastic. Very quiet, very fast, and fewer coasters.

Perzactly. I have the PX-716A as well. It has a black faceplate, but when I ordered the reader, you had to choose black or white, and black was OOS, so I took white. I couldn't live with myself if they didn't match. That'd be like...like..putting a red LED fan in the front of my case if the blue one goes out...that's just not self respecting. However, now that you mentioned it, I may have to consider ordering two 18x Plextor dual layer burners, and just pull the current ones, and go black...and never go back. :D

Heh, I like the "driving station" setup. I think I may have to get another LVM-37w3 just for that kind of arrangement. ...lol

Minor changes

desktop_updatesmall.jpg

Nice picture! By the way, what camera are you using to take most of your pictures if you don't mind me asking.

Another question would be since you're a photographer, are you using this monitor to do your digital work and how is it?

Thanks

I use my joystick for racing games. I rarely play a flight sim, although I do (about once a year) get into a space sim. Last one a goofed with was X3: The Reunion. However, the vastness of that game, and my lack of want to climb the learning curve, put me off on it, despite the fact that I did really like what I had figured out how to do. Anyways...the flight stick is mainly for racing games. I have a Gravis dual stick + analog D-pad controller, with force feedback...but it seems like a console controller to me...and I hate consoles with a passion. A lot of people can't imagine racing on a flight stick, and it takes some re-learning every time I fire one up, but I really do enjoy it more on a flight stick.

Wow, nice setup lvlarvin love the how simple it is! Hey may I please know what case you have there i've never seen it before..

My Temp. dual 2007FPW set up
I wanted to go with a 2 monitor setup for a while now but i think id be happier with just one large monitor. Just not sure what one, dont want to spend a bunch n one.

Sorry for the shitty pic, cant take good ones of monitors and i hate my camera
dual1.JPG

Can't remember the last time I posted in here, but I have a 2007 pic now:
setup-1-07.jpg

My cousin is buying me a new chair sometime soon since I got him a ds lite for christmas >_>

My Temp. dual 2007FPW set up
I wanted to go with a 2 monitor setup for a while now but i think id be happier with just one large monitor. Just not sure what one, dont want to spend a bunch n one.

Sorry for the shitty pic, cant take good ones of monitors and i hate my camera
dual1.JPG

One word for you "ultramon"

Back