Show us your Folding Farm

fx9

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
1,159
I'm sure the [H]orde has very impressive massive folding farms that gives us our status as the best folding team on F@H, so herd all your sheep on your farm and tell us what you are working with. Please resize your images, no absurdly large images. You can comment on another person's folding farm, just please remove their images in your quote. I'll start it off:

E8400 @ 3.6ghz w/Evga 8800gt 512mb
comp001-1.jpg


i7 920 @ 4ghz w/XFX 5850
P1000039.jpg


Fold on my [H]ard Brethren!

 
Last edited:
Reserved for pics**

To bad Ive got to sell a bunch, but Ive still got those 8 opterons coming and I hope I dont have to sell it. Anyways, once I upload it at work I'll explain

Edit
Damn, they locked all the networks. Shit
 
Last edited:
Farm is spread all over the house... along with CAT5 :D

I'll post some more pics here, but here is my main rig.

barei71.jpg



barei72.jpg


Have to get the WHS, HTPC, and the old main box up here tomorrow. Then there is the box that is at the neighbors. My computer, it just happens to be over there on my wifi, but on their power. They do whatever they want with it as long as it folds.
 
My "D" at home in their natural habitat.

dsc00551fd.jpg


My main (newly stable -bigadv :D) folding rig (tower in bottom right of above pic). @ Swoody: I just put that Nexus 120mm fan you sold me in that V8 cooler about 6 hours before this pic was taken, it lowered my temps by ~5°C! Thanks! That top GTX280 is the one Dookey sold me on here too. It's been an excellent card, thanks Dookey!

dsc00548f.jpg


My work PC, I'd open it up if it wasn't too conspicuous, hah.

worktower.jpg


From Kendraks contest back in October, my folding crib! Just my two laptops and old gaming PC.

img8183n.jpg
 
*reserved for pics*

It's only a single system at the moment, but it should be a lot more impressive next year or so :p
 



theres my blury farm(battery on the camera died right after i took the picture so ill replace it with a better picture tomorrow).. phenom II x4 940 @ 3.5ghz with vsboxerboy's GTX 260 jammed into an antec 300 case which is all running on a corsair HX500W.. please do not ask how i got that gtx 260 in there because i cant remember all the crap i had to move to make it fit..
 



theres my blury farm(battery on the camera died right after i took the picture so ill replace it with a better picture tomorrow).. phenom II x4 940 @ 3.5ghz with vsboxerboy's GTX 260 jammed into an antec 300 case which is all running on a corsair HX500W.. please do not ask how i got that gtx 260 in there because i cant remember all the crap i had to move to make it fit..

I did the same thing with my 300 at one time..... something about using a rubber mallet.
 
I did the same thing with my 300 at one time..... something about using a rubber mallet.

lol i didnt go that far.. i just moved one of my 750 gig drives to the 5.25" slot.. but you can say bye bye to my cable management now..

ill take a picture of my wonderful 2 bladed antec 200mm fan.. its so awesome... *mumbles* useless pos tri-cool fan


heres the wonderful picture of the 2 bladed antec tri-cool fan..

 
Last edited:
Reserved for pics!

Will have to get from work tomorow where all my folding rigs are, except the one im making.....

*SMILEZ!*
 
lol i didnt go that far.. i just moved one of my 750 gig drives to the 5.25" slot.. but you can say bye bye to my cable management now..

ill take a picture of my wonderful 2 bladed antec 200mm fan.. its so awesome... *mumbles* useless pos tri-cool fan


heres the wonderful picture of the 2 bladed antec tri-cool fan..

ROFL 2 bladed antec fan, how much CFM is this puppy pushing? :p
 
ROFL 2 bladed antec fan, how much CFM is this puppy pushing? :p


lol still pushing a lot.. but way less then what it was before.. it just makes an annoying sound because now its spinning way faster then it should be..
 
Here's my main rig, the 260s do the bulk of my folding:

I'll get a pic up later of my file server, has a 8800gs contributing.
*edit* here it is:
 
Last edited:
My measly farm right now. Once I am out of school I will turn my i7 into a 24/7 bigadv contributor.

DSCN1122.jpg


Three GTX 260's folding nonstop. I am also looking to get a dual rig setup with 9800gx2's and another 260 on that rig up there.
 
Here's just a shot of the important stuff while I was putting my cards in after the cooler mods.

img2564f.jpg
 
Antec 1200

Here's one on the egg

I'd much rather have this one

also at the egg

I know someone who has a i920 5870 rig that has one. He's still trying to complete a WU on that i920 (seemingly unstable)


yeah i know ive had the antec 1200 on my wish list for a long time.. just havent had the money to afford the 160 dollar price tag.. if only the case was 225 dollars when i bought my xclios wind tunnel case i would of bought that instead.. but they are the exact same size just the 1200 has better cooling..
 
That Corsair 800D made me drool at first picture. and it was even better in real life. the Antec 1200 has nothing on it.

3 120mm exhaust fans on the top
3 120mm intakes on the bottom
PSU external intake
MB tray already cut for wire routing
makes a Full ATX board look small
really really if you are dreaming of an antec 1200, consider the 800D
 
That Corsair 800D made me drool at first picture. and it was even better in real life. the Antec 1200 has nothing on it.

3 120mm exhaust fans on the top
3 120mm intakes on the bottom
PSU external intake
MB tray already cut for wire routing
makes a Full ATX board look small
really really if you are dreaming of an antec 1200, consider the 800D

not for 289 dollars.. no way would i spend that much on a case.. rather spend that money on more hard drives..
 
P6N Diamond, e1200, 512 ram, 2x 9800gx2 + 9800gtx, corsair 850W -- 26k ppd
pdr1683.jpg


2x 8346HE Quad Opterons, H8DME-2, gravity-mounted AM2 heatsinks, 4gb ecc reg ram, 430W, 4gb usb boot key -- 6k ppd
pdr1685.jpg


Workstation & Folding: i7 920 C0, EX58-UD4P, 6gb OCZ 1600, 80gb x25-m, 1.5tb, 3x 88gs, 2709W Monitor
pdr1687.jpg


HTPC & Folding: e6600, 88gt, 2gb, P150, 430W, 7tb, Westinghouse 47", 25ft usb/3.5mm/hdmi -- 3k ppd
pdr1692.jpg


K9A2 Platinum, PII 710 X3, 1gb ram, 4x 9800gx2, corsair 850W + CM 500W -- 42k ppd
pdr1698.jpg


pdr1699.jpg


pdr1695.jpg


Maybe you won't believe it, but there's actually some hot girls poster in the background of one of the pics. You missed it? Yeah, me too, I know.
 
Last edited:
Nice to see what is about to mow me down tomorrow.

I need an anti mowing shed to protect me from you and dozer....

I feel guilty about needing one since I've mowed my fair share.
 
P6N Diamond, e1200, 512 ram, 2x 9800gx2 + 9800gtx, corsair 850W -- 26k ppd


2x 8346HE Quad Opterons, H8DME-2, gravity-mounted AM2 heatsinks, 4gb ecc reg ram, 430W, 4gb usb boot key -- 6k ppd


Workstation & Folding: i7 920 C0, EX58-UD4P, 6gb OCZ 1600, 80gb x25-m, 1.5tb, 3x 88gs, 2709W Monitor


HTPC & Folding: e6600, 88gt, 2gb, P150, 430W, 7tb, Westinghouse 47", 25ft usb/3.5mm/hdmi -- 3k ppd


K9A2 Platinum, PII 710 X3, 1gb ram, 4x 9800gx2, corsair 850W + CM 500W -- 42k ppd






Maybe you won't believe it, but there's actually some hot girls poster in the background of one of the pics. You missed it? Yeah, me too, I know.

Not a big fan of cases, eh? Haha, nice farm you have there.
 
well it's hard to put most of these builds in cases, 98gx2's run so hot overclocked, and 8-slot expansion are needed. The opteron board is none-standard, even if I did get 1207 heatsinks :p

Hmm but the htpc could be in a case, true! lol
 
It's not as much as I used to have, but it's what I have. Pictures can be no better as I have to use the crappy camera on my phone and I'm too lazy to pull the systems out for closer pictures.

Main system: Q6600@3.6 & 8800GT. Yeah, it's a bit beat up as it's gone through a few moves. The cord hanging down from the top is from my IBM Model M Assault keyboard. I keep it hooked up as a secondary keyboard for the times I feel like using it instead of my MS Natural keyboard.

pic0020z.jpg




Tertiary system: Q6600@3.4 & 8600GT. Doubles as my son's system for occasional use as well as my TV for the occasions I feel like watching TV or recording something and extra file storage.

pic0022h.jpg




Server: Q6600@3.6. Mostly used as my fileserver as well as VM machine for a couple of things as well as my secondary system for browsing and IRC when my main system is occupied. Might put the TV tuner card in it and setup MythTV as it would be more convenient. It's the hard to see system on the left.

pic0022h.jpg




Picture of my cramped and cluttered area. I could really use a couple more monitors, though.

pic0025bu.jpg


 
PC140005.jpg

2x gtx280s

PC140008.jpg

3x gtx260s

PC140003.jpg

3x 8800ultras

PC140010.jpg

2x gtx260s + -bigadv soon to be up and running

PC140009.jpg

16cores of fun still trying to get -bigadv running

PC140007.jpg

2x gtx295

IMG_0544.jpg

primary home rig gtx280
 
Last edited:
This is my farm at work, lol! :) MOAR D!!!!!!!

pic1.jpg

This is my main rig at work, my Q9550, running 2 SMP's and BOINC client. <-- 3K PPD

pic2.jpg

2 E8600 units, SMP clients on each, my Smilodon (empty except HDD's, waiting on mobo, will run SMP as well) and my Mac, running a PPC 1.4GHz G4, no clients on it. <-- 4.5K PPD

pic3.jpg

The two on the bottom right are SMP client, E8600 units. The one at the way top behind the 22" is just a FTP server and the final one at lower left is my ghost client, hosts my ghost IP for networks. <-- 4.5K PPD
 
^ that dell keyboard rocks best keyboard ive ever owned. ^
better then my g15v1 imo
 
Nice pics. I'll have to get over to my lab at some point and snap a shot.
 
Back
Top