show off your vid card!!

Originally posted by lorcani
Really? I never noticed that in any of the reviews I read for it. It's still a one-slot cooling system, correct?

Well I hope by "one-slot" you mean that the Silencer only takes up one EXTRA slot.....because that's what it does. Just look at the back of it, it's setup the exact same as the FX's old "leafblower" cooler, so you will have to sacrifice the PCI slot under your video card.....but nobody should be using it anyways so i don't think it matters.

can someone post their oc of the 9800xt 256mb and the voltage you used? need a goal to aim for once i get my Thermaltake Giant III

You know what? I'm almost starting to think that my overclocking troubles/artifacts are due partially to lack of voltage. The core is being kept pretty cool (Rivatuner reads 33C on idle) but who knows. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
Well I hope by "one-slot" you mean that the Silencer only takes up one EXTRA slot.....because that's what it does. Just look at the back of it, it's setup the exact same as the FX's old "leafblower" cooler, so you will have to sacrifice the PCI slot under your video card.....but nobody should be using it anyways so i don't think it matters.
It's just that this thing is a lot quieter. I can't hear it over my 80mm Panaflo L1As.

You know what? I'm almost starting to think that my overclocking troubles/artifacts are due partially to lack of voltage. The core is being kept pretty cool (Rivatuner reads 33C on idle) but who knows. :rolleyes:

i can tell you know for sure that they are, with anything over stock cooling the 98xx cards get voltage starved artifacts before they get heat artifacts, i know your reluctant to voltmod what is a very expensive piece of hardware but if you do it will bring definate benifits in terms of artifact free oc

Originally posted by fr33ze
i can tell you know for sure that they are, with anything over stock cooling the 98xx cards get voltage starved artifacts before they get heat artifacts, i know your reluctant to voltmod what is a very expensive piece of hardware but if you do it will bring definate benifits in terms of artifact free oc

yes it certainly does help.. and its not a very hard process.. i did it to mai 9700 pro a while back and i had never soldered before that time..

Originally posted by fr33ze

Well I guess since I won't have my next gen card until July or so I guess I COULD look into it.

Here is my BBA ATI 9800Pro with OCZ copper ramsinks and a GPU-180G copper waterblock from Koolance.

9800pro_koolance.jpg

Well I guess since I won't have my next gen card until July or so I guess I COULD look into it.

if u want i have a link on the 9800 pro voltmods.. not sure if that applies to the XT or not..

This is my BBATi Radeon 9700 Pro. The cooler is a Vantec ICEBERG 4 w/ ArticSilver 5. The ramsinks are Full coper sinks from www.svc.com bonded using thermal tape. (I want to be able to remove them incase I want to get something larger later.

video.jpg

What do you do when your shitty videocard fan dies? Ghetto it :D

btw radeon 9800pro @ 415 | 740 for the time being until I can invest in some better cooling :p

v21.JPG

v22.JPG

Originally posted by 1337m0dd3r
v22.JPG

The amazing power of rubber-bands once again saves an expensive component from burning up. That's great. :D

I can't help but question the safety though. Couldn't the rubber-band melt (and thus meld) onto the PCB?

I've had a 9800Pro before and while the cooler might heat up a fair amount.....the PCB got not nearly hot enough to melt/bond with an elastic band.

BTW CompMage, I'm assuming you're talking about the OCZ copper ramsinks right? That's cool 'cus I've been wanting to pick some of those puppies up myself. Heh, I had the Iceberq4 on my 9800Pro and it's actually a nice little cooler.....definitely better then most people give it credit for. :cool:

Yes they are the OCZ copper heatsinks, got them on both sides. Got a larger ramsink on the small heatplate by the video ports too. It's performing far better then I expected. I can't belive ATi ships thier cards without ramsinks. They get rather warm at stock speeds. And the beeding around the edge of the card is UV-Reative. Gives a nice glow to the edge of the card. I'm still working on the core speed I'm not getting as high as I'd like
CASE6.jpg

Note this was before I added the new cooling. Oh yea my wire matince is much nicer with the new PSU. Case is down for painting and modding so I don't have resent pics.

I personally like my very good card Nivida does not make any more it is a Fx 5800 Ultra 128 DDR2 out of box it is 400x 600 right I have it going over one gig this a very nice card....

P5280049.JPG

9500pro with 3.3ns infinon ram. Flashing and OCing tommorow. maze4-1 with 80 watt TEC. Plan on changing to 172 watt TEC and doing all Vmods soon.

very nice zero...
always cool to see your uber cooling..
btw im coolguy16v from the ign boards.

Yea I remember :)
Well maybe I'll flash it soon. Still looking for Infinity BIOSes... Whats really odd is when I shut down after a cold boot today to hook up the second PSU fan that I didnt realise it had to be externally powered and I had to wait 10 minuts to get it to boot again...

Heres muh geforce FX 5900, flashed to 5950 Ultra bios :D , on my 2600+ at 2600 MHz it hits 16k in 3dmk 2k1, just changed out the shuttle motherboard for a DFI Ultra Infinity, doing stability testing now at 2600 MHz and am rather pleased, sooner or later I'll get new pics up showing the DFI board, doesn't look much different that the pics below tho

http://snipershide.free-universe.com/new_pics/

inside_clean_1.jpg

bga_sinks_2.jpg

Back