show off your vid card!!

Sodalas

2[H]4U
Sorry about the shot, awkward angle....and i'll work on the wiring mess later....new case.

Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 405/370

vidcardsoda9800p.jpg

Originally posted by ImaRootofALLEVIL
uh, those are features of the 5800
i know from experence, i own a 5800 ultra (that needs some work, anyone with a multimeter and a 5800 ultra mind measuring a few components for me?)

I like my 5800 ... just a nU but has the same RAM as the Ultra :D I've OCed it up to 510/1000 but haven't tried anything higher yet - the coolbits RAM slider maxes out @ 1000MHz *ugh*

http://www.anarchy.mynetcologne.de/5800/5800mod2.jpg
http://www.anarchy.mynetcologne.de/5800/5800mod3.jpg
-> same pics as on page 36 - but you don't have to search em ;)

The HSF works very well and the RAM sinks get really hot :eek: soon i'll add anothe fan that blows cool air across the sinks :)

zalman3.JPG

Sorry about the bad quality used the camcorder to take the pictures. This is the Zalman I put on about a month back. When I ordered it I ordered it with the optional fan... well busted a fin off of it but fortunatly in the same package I had a Thermal take smartcase fan 2 which I decided to toss on. The setup allowed for about 10-15mhz more on overclock.

Nice stuff guys, especially that modded 5800.....that takes bawlz. Sure looks great too, just make sure you hurry up and throw an intake over the card before those ramsinks melt off. ;) :D

My Asus 4x AGP Geforce mx 420
Sorry for the dull pictures i guess lighting was messed up
vid1.jpg
vid2.jpg

IM getting my Ati radeon 9800 pro 2-morrow so now worries:D

Originally posted by carblow12
IM getting my Ati radeon 9800 pro 2-morrow so now worries:D

That'll be one hell of a nice jump for you.....I wish I could see the look on your face when you "let her loose." ;) :D

Originally posted by Sodalas
Sorry about the shot, awkward angle....and i'll work on the wiring mess later....new case.

Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 405/370

vidcardsoda9800p.jpg
NICE BOTTLE OF AXE YOU GOT THERE!!:p ...what kind is it?...lol:D

Originally posted by Rich_Fray
Close up of the important part of my BBA 9800XT. Runs 520/415 :)

Nice setup. What is that? A peltier and a cpu waterblock?

[BB] The Pirate

what oc improvement did you get by putting that gpu cooler on?

Originally posted by fr33ze
[BB] The Pirate

what oc improvement did you get by putting that gpu cooler on?

Well thats a stock P4 2.8C heat sink and fan that i have on that bad boy. My temps are as follows.

40 and 45.5 under load @ 463/425

Originally posted by [BB] The Pirate
Well thats a stock P4 2.8C heat sink and fan that i have on that bad boy. My temps are as follows.

40 and 45.5 under load @ 463/425

thats cool, nice oc. what clock could you get before modding the hsf though. im curious to know how much higher you can overclock with it.

Originally posted by Spidey329
Nice setup. What is that? A peltier and a cpu waterblock?

It is an 80 watt peltier but not a cpu waterblock. It's a Swiftech mcw-50t. The block comes with the pelt integrated into the assembly of the waterblock. Has hardware to work with either nvidia or ati cards. Pretty much plug and play.

It is an 80 watt peltier but not a cpu waterblock. It's a Swiftech mcw-50t. The block comes with the pelt integrated into the assembly of the waterblock. Has hardware to work with either nvidia or ati cards. Pretty much plug and play.

So then I'm guessing the mounting holes are the same on the XT as on the 9800Pro is you've got that thing all suited up. I should know after taking my XT's cooler off to apply Arctic Silver to the ram but I guess I wasn't really paying attention to where the holes were.

I might look into water cooling again, not sure. It sure would be nice to throw a pelt on my 9800XT just for bragging rights. ;) Does anyone know what amount of heat the 9800XT core actually puts out so one would know what "size" of peltier to get?

Sorry for straying a bit off topic but seeing nice OC results like that on my card get me all excited. ;) I don't wanna lead this thread any farther off topic so please PM me if you've got any comments.

EDIT: Can you please post more pics of the pelted 9800XT from different angles? Now you've got me wanting to go ahead with it and I wanna see a full shot. :p

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
So then I'm guessing the mounting holes are the same on the XT as on the 9800Pro is you've got that thing all suited up. I should know after taking my XT's cooler off to apply Arctic Silver to the ram but I guess I wasn't really paying attention to where the holes were.

I might look into water cooling again, not sure. It sure would be nice to throw a pelt on my 9800XT just for bragging rights. ;) Does anyone know what amount of heat the 9800XT core actually puts out so one would know what "size" of peltier to get?

Sorry for straying a bit off topic but seeing nice OC results like that on my card get me all excited. ;) I don't wanna lead this thread any farther off topic so please PM me if you've got any comments.

EDIT: Can you please post more pics of the pelted 9800XT from different angles? Now you've got me wanting to go ahead with it and I wanna see a full shot. :p

Mounting holes are same from 9700pro to 9800 xt. I had this wb/pelt on both. As for temps, with this block on, I idle at about 22c, 30c running any 3d apps. I don't know what temps it ran with stock cooling as the new Rage3D tweaker with temp monitoring for the XT wasn't available at the time.

Don't have any other pics....sorry...but don't want to take the card back out to get the kind of shot you probably want. As for wattage pelt, the beauty of the mcw50-t is that the 80 watt pelt can run off your pc's psu. I've heard of people taking these mcw-50t's apart and swapping in a 226 watt pelt with great results. But condensation is a much bigger challenge with that watt pelt, and you have to run the pelt off a seperate heavy duty psu like a meanwell or such. Too complicated for me.

I get great temps, great overclock, simple installation, relatively small condensation worries, etc, etc going this route.

Mounting holes are same from 9700pro to 9800 xt. I had this wb/pelt on both. As for temps, with this block on, I idle at about 22c, 30c running any 3d apps. I don't know what temps it ran with stock cooling as the new Rage3D tweaker with temp monitoring for the XT wasn't available at the time.

Don't have any other pics....sorry...but don't want to take the card back out to get the kind of shot you probably want. As for wattage pelt, the beauty of the mcw50-t is that the 80 watt pelt can run off your pc's psu. I've heard of people taking these mcw-50t's apart and swapping in a 226 watt pelt with great results. But condensation is a much bigger challenge with that watt pelt, and you have to run the pelt off a seperate heavy duty psu like a meanwell or such. Too complicated for me.

I get great temps, great overclock, simple installation, relatively small condensation worries, etc, etc going this route.

So then I'm guessing that based on THAT statement that the Pelt uses a standard molex plug? Either that you you just mean that since it's only 80W you could get one of those adapter things and THEN run it off your PSU. I'm not sure if I wanna drop down the kinda cash I want to for water cooling right now but the pelted XT is so enticing. :D

Rich, i think you're mistaken. people switch out the 80watt pelt for a 172Watt, and most will run between 14V and 18V.

226Watt is just too much for the mcw50 to handle.

and Cornelious, the 80watt pelt has a 4 pin molex connector, you can plug into your psu. Just hope you have a PSU with at least 20a on the 12V line.

Originally posted by Stang Man
Rich, i think you're mistaken. people switch out the 80watt pelt for a 172Watt, and most will run between 14V and 18V.

226Watt is just too much for the mcw50 to handle.

and Cornelious, the 80watt pelt has a 4 pin molex connector, you can plug into your psu. Just hope you have a PSU with at least 20a on the 12V line.

you are correct... I've seen people yank the 80 watter and put 172 watters in their place. I don't know why I said 226watt earlier. But 172 watters need to run off of something like a specialized Meanwell psu. And it's not voltage that's the issue...it's amperage.

So then I'm guessing that based on THAT statement that the Pelt uses a standard molex plug? Either that you you just mean that since it's only 80W you could get one of those adapter things and THEN run it off your PSU. I'm not sure if I wanna drop down the kinda cash I want to for water cooling right now but the pelted XT is so enticing. :D

The unit comes with the pelt already sandwiched between the water block and the cold plate. The mcw50-t is a water block/pelt combo. It come ready to go with the molex connector. Hook it up to a decent psu and your set.

As for the other thing you mentioned, you can run an 80 watt pelt air cooled but you won't get nearly as good results. The cooler you keep the hot side, the colder the cold side can get. I did run an air cooled pelt for awhile on a Geforce3 Ti500.

The unit comes with the pelt already sandwiched between the water block and the cold plate. The mcw50-t is a water block/pelt combo. It come ready to go with the molex connector. Hook it up to a decent psu and your set.

As for the other thing you mentioned, you can run an 80 watt pelt air cooled but you won't get nearly as good results. The cooler you keep the hot side, the colder the cold side can get. I did run an air cooled pelt for awhile on a Geforce3 Ti500.

Thx for the info.....you have succeeded in making me wanna go ahead and pelt my XT yet again. :rolleyes: ;)

Card in sig, Stock speeds, but HSF decided to die on me recently so I got an iceberq 4 HSF with new ramsinks. Coming frome a guy who had no extra lights in his case whatsoever before this, I really like the look :)

Vidcard1.JPG

Vidcard3.JPG

Vidcard4.JPG

Vidcard5.JPG

I'm glad to see so many Iceberq owners around recently after owning one myself (on my past 9800Pro) but I don't know why you guys use those ramsinks that come with it. I'll admit they're free but why not plunk down a few extra bux for some tweakmonsters and do it up right. :D

Actually, at first, I had no intentions of using the ramsinks that came with the iceberq. I was just gonna use the sinks from my old HSF. Problem was, due to the larger footprint on the icebertq, it wouldn't fit without removing my old ramsinks. Anyhow, as a n00b when it comes intermediate PC work (done a CPU replacement once, and this, along with random do it in your sleep hardware installations), I think things turned out well, since I almost ended up shelling out the cash for a whole new video card instead of just fixing this one up.

it's amperage.

i hate doing this, but "amperage" is not a word. what you are looking for is "amperes" :D

I'll admit they're free but why not plunk down a few extra bux for some tweakmonsters and do it up right. :D

not only because the Iceberq ramsinks suck, but because Tweakmonsters are just as shitty. :eek:

not only because the Iceberq ramsinks suck, but because Tweakmonsters are just as shitty. :eek:

Alright mister know-it-all, if you don't like something or you don't agree, why do you have to crap in the thread or put down what someone said like that? I happen to know for a fact that tweakmonsters DO work after having them installed on all 8 ram chips on my old 9800Pro.....and they don't look half bad either.

If we're having a conversation about something I don't see what saying "they suck" is gonna accomplish, it just makes you look immature. If you've got beef with something someone says maybe you should make use of our excellent PM service here at [H] instead of labelling yourself like this everytime you feel the need to "speak out".

Keep the pics comin' boyos.....I need some more encouragement to throw water in my case and pelt my XT.....the urge is slipping. :rolleyes: ;)

If i purchased a zalman ZM80C-HP, would placing fully sealed (FULLY SEALED!) plastic bags filled with ice on top of the heatsink be practical. i tried something like that with a gf4mx440 se, I didn't get a damn extra megahert, so I kept on trying crazy shit and I ended up short circuiting it (I feel like an idiot). Well I have a radeon 9600 XT now :) . Well the ice isn't a good idea and it isn't extreme but where on earth am i meant to find liquid nitrogen? Or maybe i should just leave my 9600XT alone before i fry my best chip :eek: :(

Alright mister know-it-all, if you don't like something or you don't agree, why do you have to crap in the thread or put down what someone said like that? I happen to know for a fact that tweakmonsters DO work after having them installed on all 8 ram chips on my old 9800Pro.....and they don't look half bad either.

If we're having a conversation about something I don't see what saying "they suck" is gonna accomplish, it just makes you look immature. If you've got beef with something someone says maybe you should make use of our excellent PM service here at [H] instead of labelling yourself like this everytime you feel the need to "speak out".

Keep the pics comin' boyos.....I need some more encouragement to throw water in my case and pelt my XT.....the urge is slipping. :rolleyes: ;)

well, if you look a few pages back you can see my tec mounted 9800pro, you asked for the pics and never replied a thing back.

i've got beef with tweakmonster ramsinks. they are a waste of money, as you can get better for a fraction of the cost from radio shack.

and no need to come off like that on me. sorry if i'm being a bitch about it, but i hate seeing several of your posts in this thread talking about wanting to put a TEC on your XT, you shouldn't need a 100 posts of encouragment to do it. just make another thread on it, you'll get a ton more replies. better yet, go to XS, as [H] isn't [H]ard enough for TEC's. ;)

i hate doing this, but "amperage" is not a word. what you are looking for is "amperes" :D
Apparently not bad enough because you did it anyway.

Would you talk to a relative stranger like that in person?

No...because if you made a habit of walking around talking to folks like that in real life, you'd get nowhere with people and probably get cold cocked a time or two.

It continually amazes me what people will say while hiding behind a keyboard.

Oh...and btw...from Merriam-Webster's...hmmmm

One entry found for amperage.

Main Entry: am·per·age
Pronunciation: 'am-p(&-)rij, -"pir-ij
Function: noun
Date: 1893
: the strength of a current of electricity expressed in amperes

Apparently not bad enough because you did it anyway.

Would you talk to a relative stranger like that in person?

No...because if you made a habit of walking around talking to folks like that in real life, you'd get nowhere with people and probably get cold cocked a time or two.

It continually amazes me what people will say while hiding behind a keyboard.

Oh...and btw...from Merriam-Webster's...hmmmm

One entry found for amperage.

Main Entry: am·per·age
Pronunciation: 'am-p(&-)rij, -"pir-ij
Function: noun
Date: 1893
: the strength of a current of electricity expressed in amperes

lol, are you trying to put me down? you have no clue who i am, and who i communicate with, and what i've done. don't even think to give me this bs speech of "what i'll say behind a keyboard". i'll say something quieter behind a keyboard than i will in real life. the keyboard is not my key to the outside world. the door is.

And in electronics, I've never used the word amperage to describe something. Either amps, or amperes. Though, English is always changing to fit people's needs, I guess it is now a word.

lol, are you trying to put me down? you have no clue who i am, and who i communicate with, and what i've done. don't even think to give me this bs speech of "what i'll say behind a keyboard". i'll say something quieter behind a keyboard than i will in real life. the keyboard is not my key to the outside world. the door is.

And in electronics, I've never used the word amperage to describe something. Either amps, or amperes. Though, English is always changing to fit people's needs, I guess it is now a word.

So you walk up to people and spout off correcting them and such? I seriously doubt you would have responded to me in person the same way you attempted to correct me in this forum. If you really act like that in person, I would bet the average person would be quite put off. And, if you re-read the definition, amperage had been around since 1893...hardly "now a word".

It's one thing to state your opinions in a courteous constructive manner. If you don't care how you deliver your message and what you say to people, fine. You'd be the kind of person I'd avoid at a party if I heard you talking to people in person in the same manner that you direct posts at them.

So you walk up to people and spout off correcting them and such? I seriously doubt you would have responded to me in person the same way you attempted to correct me in this forum. If you really act like that in person, I would bet the average person would be quite put off. And, if you re-read the definition, amperage had been around since 1893...hardly "now a word".

It's one thing to state your opinions in a courteous constructive manner. If you don't care how you deliver your message and what you say to people, fine. You'd be the kind of person I'd avoid at a party if I heard you talking to people in person in the same manner that you direct posts at them.

well, you take it all the wrong way by fuckin come back at me. don't you see a smily face after my first sentance, where i first tried correcting you? seriously, wtf is your problem. i wasn't being a jerk at all about it.:rolleyes:

and as cornelious said, "don't crap in this thread", that includes every single talk post we've done, is "crap", since this is a "show off your vid card gallery"

shockwave85

thats fucking awsome mate, what speeds you getting out of that puppy

well, you take it all the wrong way by fuckin come back at me. don't you see a smily face after my first sentance, where i first tried correcting you? seriously, wtf is your problem. i wasn't being a jerk at all about it.:rolleyes:

and as cornelious said, "don't crap in this thread", that includes every single talk post we've done, is "crap", since this is a "show off your vid card gallery"

Stang... you corrected me in two different posts...one, when I mentioned the incorrect wattage for a pelt (226 vs 172)...and two, my use of the word amperage. Objectively re-read both of your posts when you "corrected" me. The tone is definitely different in the 2nd, despite the emoticon. See how I responded to both of your "corrections". Because of the tone and the way you said it, I took no offence. The second, despite the smiley, came off as sarcastic and condescending. This was all going on while you seemed to have offended someone else by referring to a product they were a fan of as crap.

I'm sorry if I was abrasive coming back at you, but it just seemed like a case of one of these threads where someone becomes the center of attention by ragging everything.

:)And it was all the more fun when you were wrong about amperage :)

Truce?

PS- And you were right earlier when you referred to people perhaps being better off visiting XS where the more Hard core hardware folks hang out. I'm Road_Runner at XtremeSystems.

truce man, i never wanted anything to sound bad, but i guess that's how some took it. sorry about that.

and i just gotta say, there's no need for tweakmonsters when more can be had for less :)

...And in electronics, I've never used the word amperage to describe something. Either amps, or amperes...

just trying to be helpful, please don't take this offensively or anything....

amperage is to amps what voltage is to volts

used in context:

30 amps is how much amperage my power supply will support on its 5v rail

hope that helps illustrate how the word is used

anyway, back on topic......

here is my vid card:

vidcard.jpg

more images here: http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage...73-03.JPG/14-122-173-04.JPG/14-122-173-02.JPG

Back