Show off your Heatsink thread

nice, you had enough clearance to put a p4 heat sink, i had problems, the core was shorter then the surrounding components does your p4 sink get warm?

Yep, it stays warm :) I've thought about putting a fan over it, but there's enough noise in this room already.

guess your router makes more heat then mine does, odd since mine has a explanation, i only have it at 8 times the power output ;) its then amped by the 8 dBi antennas i put on... the signal is so powerful that when my mom takes her 5 ghz cordless phone in here you get a ton of interference, i keep 54 megabits a good 200 feet, yet my sister still blames my router for not being able to connect from the basement when i get perfect signal from down there :mad:

jmroberts70 said:
lol, I never actually considered them "sexy" but I'll take it!! Surprisngly, I didn't realize that Newegg doesn't have decent dimensions for these guys. I'll have to break out a tape measure tonight or something and make some simple measurements for you guys. I will say that some video cards simply won't be able to fit in between them.

**edit** Just found some great info on the CoolerMaster website with some good dimensions 'n stuff:

Chipset cooler

Hyper 6+ CPU cooler

Enjoy!!
hmph, i think CM's measurements are wrong, its too bad i didnt notice it earlier but how can the heatsink be 80mm wide lik they state if it uses a 100mm fan? :p

ryuji said:
guess your router makes more heat then mine does, odd since mine has a explanation, i only have it at 8 times the power output ;) its then amped by the 8 dBi antennas i put on... the signal is so powerful that when my mom takes her 5 ghz cordless phone in here you get a ton of interference, i keep 54 megabits a good 200 feet, yet my sister still blames my router for not being able to connect from the basement when i get perfect signal from down there :mad:
I think we've got a new record here folks! The worlds largest microwave :eek:

Unknown-One said:
I think we've got a new record here folks! The worlds largest microwave :eek:
naw anything that the router can output for power levels isnt enough to even hurt a ant the signal output isnt that high stock because fcc regulations limit it, i just ran the hardware at the output levels it was meant to ;)

mickey987 said:
I got carried away with the picture taking when I installed my XP-120... :D

Just out of its wrapper!
Xp-120-2.jpg

I saw that in one of those aliens movie.
:D

im lapping my HS the XP-90 at the top of the thread as i type :p it was only done to 600 grit because i had no time and didnt have any higher grit sandpaper. now i got upto 2000grit and hope to finish sometime this week(homework sucks) hope to have pis up soon :D

Tiny said:
*snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip* *snip*

That's a big mother fucker

:eek: DAMN tiny....those are nice heatsinks.....wat are ur temps with the hyper 6+? and the sonic tower??

The Sonic Tower paired with a Nexus 120mm was 32c/42c (45minute idel/45minute CPU burn-in)

The Hyper 6+ (although I am unable to properly attach it to my board as the back plate doesn't clear some resistors...I just rested it on the CPU and tested it....I don't recommend doing that :eek: ) 29c/36c same test as the Sonic Tower.

I am not going to be using either one though....I stuffed everything in a Qpack case and obviously can't use the larger heatsinks. :(

Have you tried placing the fan in between the two fin clusters on the Sonic Tower? Some ppl yielded better results. =)

Tiny said:
The Sonic Tower paired with a Nexus 120mm was 32c/42c (45minute idel/45minute CPU burn-in)

The Hyper 6+ (although I am unable to properly attach it to my board as the back plate doesn't clear some resistors...I just rested it on the CPU and tested it....I don't recommend doing that :eek: ) 29c/36c same test as the Sonic Tower.

I am not going to be using either one though....I stuffed everything in a Qpack case and obviously can't use the larger heatsinks. :(
damn nice! wat was the cpu clocked at?

PCBs are surprisingly springy :D i have snapped MANY an old useless ram stick, tis not that easy :p

and since when was there a Tt rep here?

and that NB cooler is tiny and and aluminum and weighs crap all IIRC...

pcb is made out of mostly copper, i found that out when i spened a half hour dremmeling out my 5950 ultras core, it was a good match for the cut off wheels :eek: i used up two wheels on that core, got a nice key chain now, i would not worry about your motherboard ;)

damn that chipset cooler is pricey :eek: i might as well rig a xp90 on my northbridge for the same price :p

Happy Hopping said:
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16835103169

that's insane. There is no way the wt. of the motherboard can hold w/o cracking in long term. And it's crazy for the designer to design such a large heat sink. Even Xeon don't need it.

What are we cooling? Himilaya servers?
chill man its juss a chipset cooler ;)

mickey987 said:
I got carried away with the picture taking when I installed my XP-120... :D

Just out of its wrapper!
Xp-120-2.jpg

the lighting makes it look like WOAH it looks like a steel titanium alloy thing for something fancy.

im drooling over this pic

jmroberts70 said:
coolermaster01.jpg

coolermaster02.jpg

My system barely get's warm now!! The fans are nearly silent. Now all I hear is that pesky GPU cooler fan (soon to be replaced) and a couple of case fans (also planning on replacement now that I can hear them)

can you use your own fan with that heatsink? I'm guessing you can if its a standard size

edit: dammit 100mm, so how loud is this thing
and anyone know of a place that sells the hyper 6 not the + version, i would like the 80mm fan so i can mount my own

Yo Susquehannock - My first thought when i saw those custom Mosfet heat sinks I thought i was looking at a handfull of expanded sabot slugs

standard_sabot_slug.jpg

also, those lap jobs you and ryuji posted look beautiful. wtg

mpegripper said:
can you use your own fan with that heatsink? I'm guessing you can if its a standard size

edit: dammit 100mm, so how loud is this thing
and anyone know of a place that sells the hyper 6 not the + version, i would like the 80mm fan so i can mount my own

Yea, I suppose if you're not into the OEM fan that it comes with (and it's blue lighting) you're gonna have to find a 100mm replacement somewhere. But that fan is darn near silent. Since my motherboard has some control over fan speeds based on the temps, it even runs quieter most of the time.

ryuji said:
thats gonna be about 1 kg as well
actually the CNPS9500 is only 530g ;)

mpegripper said:
thanks, but i have now decided not to try and mount a 1 kg heatsink, that's just ridiculous

i'll go with the cnps9500
suit urself, i rather deal with the 1kg and pay 1/3 of the price and find a way to safely mount it and have almost the same cooling :p besides....there are many alternatives, like the xp90 or xp120 or even the scythe ninja if you dont mind the size :D

jmroberts70 said:
I LOVE the all-copper version here! The sale price rawks too!! It looks like this is actually a smaller cooler (at 80mm as opposed to the Hyper6+ that I have at 100mm). But then again, with copper, you probably don't need the size (at least that's my guess).
yeea its badass and would be a l337 cooler with two tornadoes, but the bad about the heatsink is that its position cannot be rotated, so if ur cpu socket is rotated 90*, the cooler will be facing upwards as opposed to the hyper 6+ which can be rotated due to its mounting system...and IIRC, the hyper 6+ was a better cooler :p

heres my first lapping job on my Arctic Cooling Freezer4

freezer0016ju.jpg

Before

800grit0019un.jpg

After 800grit

1000grit0029nx.jpg

After 2000grit

damn that is juss like......wOW :eek: nice lapping job p0intphreek......maybe u can do my next heatsink like that? :p

hardest part is photographing it, both my cpu and my water blocks are that smooth its just a major pita to photograph a mirror finish, kudos for that

Back