Should I upgrade my PSU?

Hey guys this is my first build and i need some help. My setup consists of 2GB Crucial RAM, 9600 GT OC, C2D E6750, 3 SATA HDD's, one IDE HDD, 4 80mm LED case fans, and one 120mm LED case fan. I am currently using a 400W PSU and everything seems to be going smooth. Just wondering if maybe i should upgrade to avoid possible problems down the road. Thanks in advance everyone.

Which 400W PSU do you have? Not all 400W PSU are the same quality you know.

It's an Antec Sonata. The PSU doesn't say Antec on it anywhere so i didn't want to jump to conclusions. I bought it from a local PC shop also so I'm not sure that it's the original PSU.

It's an Antec Sonata. The PSU doesn't say Antec on it anywhere so i didn't want to jump to conclusions. I bought it from a local PC shop also so I'm not sure that it's the original PSU.

Hmm, any way you can take a picture of said PSU? Or tell us any more info about the PSU?

From the info you've given so far, I think that you have an old 400W Smartpower PSU or some other low-quality PSU. A good quality 400W PSU should be able to power that system with no problem. However, until some more info turns up, I recommend getting a new PSU. The good quality Antec EA500 500W PSU is only $50 but for a limited time only:
Antec Earthwatts 500W PSU - $50

$50 is pretty cheap for piece of mind.

All the Sonata cases I've bought came with Antec PSU's that had Antec on them. Sounds to me like they swapped it with a generic brand.

I wouldn't trust a generic 400w PSU with that setup, spend the $50 and get the 500w EW.

Back