Should I Return My EVGA GTX 670 FTW Signature 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kage

n00b
About 2 weeks ago, I bought the EVGA GTX 670 FTW Signature 2 at Tiger Direct for about $395 before tax. As you know by now the GTX 770's were released a few days ago. I'm wondering if I should return the GTX 670 FTW Signature 2 back to Tiger Direct and get charged a 15% restocking fee (also I probably will get charged for the Free Metro Last Night game) and order the GTX 770? or should I stick with GTX 670 and wait for the new AMD GPU's to be released by the end of the year?

Return it NOW! Buy a GTX 770 for about the same price, faster, newer technology. Hurry, man, before TD refuses your return.

You should probably inquire about what the actual total fees you will be hit with are (they may charge full MSRP for Metro, $50) and also you may be losing money on shipping costs as well.

what gpu did u have before?
if i dont respond pls PM me, i hate people getting stupid advice jus because they are fans of new things not practical things.

You should probably inquire about what the actual total fees you will be hit with are (they may charge full MSRP for Metro, $50) and also you may be losing money on shipping costs as well.
I bought the EVGA GTX 670 FTW Signature 2 at the Tiger Direct retail store so no shipping cost to me, but according to their return policy there is a 15% restocking fee for all opened items and the free Metro game cost will be deducted from the refund amount (part of bundle). If I decide to return it, $118 will be deducted from the total cost on the video card.

what gpu did u have before?
if i dont respond pls PM me, i hate people getting stupid advice jus because they are fans of new things not practical things.
I had a 13" Apple MacBook Pro with the Intel HD3000 onboard video. It was my only computer and sold it a couple of months ago, but now I moved onward to gaming/work desktops.

OUCH!!! That really sucks, doesn't it? Just keep it then. Not worth losing that much money.

it would be silly to lose 118 bucks for what essentially is 10-15% difference.

Last edited:
You should call EVGA customer support and ask for a step up to the 700 series. It would be really stupid for them not to allow a step up from a premium product.

The 15% restocking fee is why I rarely shop at TD.
True but that 15% restocking fee is what keeps people from abusing the return policy much like what Newegg had to do because so many people were returning "defective" CPU's and GPU's because they didn't overclock as much as they had hoped.

Just keep it and overclock it to like 1200 core. You wont notice the difference. The 770 is essentially a rebranded overclocked 680 and the 680 wasn't much faster than a 670 to begin with. Not worth spending $118 to side grade to a 770.

Return it NOW! Buy a GTX 770 for about the same price, faster, newer technology. Hurry, man, before TD refuses your return.

You must not understand what the GTX770 is......

It is a rebranded GTX 670 with better memory, had Nvidia had any integrity they would have called it the GTX 670 Ti

You could always sell your 670 on Craigs or the 'bay, and buy the 770. Much less of a loss than $118 that way. Especially given how new your card is.

I'm going by Nvidia here. Not the specs.

If so, GTX 680 Ti.
what? the 770 is rebranded 680 and that is a fact. its the same gpu with just slightly higher factory clocks and 7000 memory. it is a 7 series so being a 770 it replaces the 670 in the line up for the "new" series.

what? the 770 is rebranded 680 and that is a fact. its the same gpu with just slightly higher factory clocks and 7000 memory. it is a 7 series so being a 770 it replaces the 670 in the line up for the "new" series.
If it is a rebranded GTX 680. Then it's a GTX 680 Ti. Those with a bit of historical knowledge would know why this makes sense.

yet Nvidia chose to call it a 770. now please stop making a fool of yourself: rolleyes:
They could have called it a 880 for all I care, wouldn't change the fact that it's a rebranded GTX 680, higher clocks and better memory, thus a GTX 680 Ti.

Again, those with a bit of historical knowledge would know why this makes sense. You remain ignorant, and that's cool I suppose

I assume you've bought one thinking it was a "new" card with new tech?! :)

That said, who would by a $400 dollar Video card with 2GB of RAM in this day and age anyways.

Last edited:
If it is a rebranded GTX 680. Then it's a GTX 680 Ti. Those with a bit of historical knowledge would know why this makes sense.

So you're telling us that the 660 Ti is actually a "rebranded" vanilla 660?

That's odd, because the last time I checked, the 660 Ti was released before the 660.

yep.
660 Ti released Aug. 16, 2012
660 released Sept 13, 2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_600_Series

So the 660 Ti is indeed NOT a "rebranded" 660. It can't be. It was released before the vanilla 660.

The 560Ti was also released before the 560.

Too bad those of us with some "historic knowledge" actually remember the sequence of events.

They could have called it a 880 for all I care, wouldn't change the fact that it's a rebranded GTX 680, higher clocks and better memory, thus a GTX 680 Ti.

Again, those with a bit of historical knowledge would know why this makes sense. You remain ignorant, and that's cool I suppose

I assume you've bought one thinking it was a "new" card with new tech?! :)

That said, who would by a $400 dollar Video card with 2GB of RAM in this day and age anyways.
you are just making yourself look more and more stupid. lol the irony of calling any one ignorant with that nonsense you have been posting.

Too bad those of us with some "historic knowledge" actually remember the sequence of events.
I don't recall stating that the 660 Ti and 560 Ti would be logical either, viewed to the Ti name.

Kind of funny that your historical knowledge doesn't go further back.

you are just making yourself look more and more stupid. lol the irony of calling any one ignorant with that nonsense you have been posting.
You still here?

I guess he's referring to the old Geforce 4 series Ti which was a rebranded Geforce 3. But...who knows.

So I guess the 760 is a 670Ti. LMAO. Just because in the past nVidia decided to put Ti as a designation, doesn't make a newer rebranded lineup all of a sudden a Ti card. A 770 is a 770. Also known as a 680 with slightly higher clocks. Get over yourself already, Mr. Harvard.

I guess he's referring to the old Geforce 4 series Ti which was a rebranded Geforce 3. But...who knows.
Ah, you're clearly not 12.

So I guess the 760 is a 670Ti. LMAO. Just because in the past nVidia decided to put Ti as a designation, doesn't make a newer rebranded lineup all of a sudden a Ti card. A 770 is a 770. Also known as a 680 with slightly higher clocks. Get over yourself already, Mr. Harvard.
I do believe a historical reference was made, not my fault if the knowledge amongst certain members doens't go further back....

Nice to "see" you laughing though.

Ah, you're clearly not 12.

I do believe a historical reference was made, not my fault if the knowledge amongst certain members doens't go further back....

Nice to "see" you laughing though.

I probably know more than you about the history of video cards but that knowledge has nothing to do with anything here. it is what it is and Nvidia has taken the 680 and given it slightly higher clocks and faster memory and called it a 770. everyone is laughing at you but you just cant comprehend why.

I probably know more than you about the history of video cards but that knowledge has nothing to do with anything here. it is what it is and Nvidia has taken the 680 and given it slightly higher clocks and faster memory and called it a 770.
Yeah, you sure have demonstrated your knowledge. Manners too.

I could understand if you made the statement that a 770 is SIMILAR to a 680Ti branding, but instead you assume that nVidia is wanting to call the 770 a 680Ti., which obviously isn't the case as they are selling a 770 series. GPU Z also shows it as a 700 series card, despite the fact it's the same thing as a slightly higher clocked 680, with newer firmware/vbios.

This argument is getting old. Starting to smell a troll in the midst. Perhaps that is my rebranding of Vallonen. :rolleyes:

[self deleted, got off topic]

Last edited:
More importantly then the above just to remind the OP to make sure you check if you are eligible for step up. According to the other thread it would cost that user only $10 to move a reference GTX 770 which I think (and I'm sure most people agree) is what you should do.

The Geforce 4 series were no rebranded Geforce 3s.

After teh release of the Geforce 3 Nvidia later refreshed the product line with a higher clocked Ti 500 variant and lower clocked Ti 200 variant with a Geforce 2 Ti (a higher clocked GTS/Pro) as their product line.

The Geforce 4 was launched with the higher end products lines being Ti separated by numbers (eg. 4200) and a lower end product line using MX. Both were different chips then the Geforce 3s.

Nvidia did not use a Ti suffix in its naming until 560ti at which point it has primarily used numbers to differentiate its product line in a given product generation (AMD uses this as well).

So I'm not sure what the point of this argument is?:confused: I mean they could name it Geforce Apollo Unicorn 5000 and AMD could name their new Radeons the Jupiter Pegasus 8 million, does that really matter form a practical purchasing perspective?

I don't recall stating that the 660 Ti and 560 Ti would be logical either, viewed to the Ti name.

Kind of funny that your historical knowledge doesn't go further back.

Please take a few minutes and go read wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units#GeForce256_Series

There were many "Ti" cards that were not "rebranded" vanilla versions:
Ti4200, Ti4400 Ti4600, Ti4800

There weren't any "Ti" models for 5xxx series, 6xxx, 7xxx, 8xxx, 9xxx or GTX200 or even GTX 400 cards. That's a LOT of years to go without abiding by what you think is "standard" nVidia naming conventions.

There was the Geforce 2 Ti back in 2001 that was a "refresh" of the Geforce 2 GTS and there was the Geforce 3 and then the Geforce 3 Ti 200 and Ti500. So that's two series out of how many series? Your position that nVidia's naming conventions utilize "Ti" for rebrands is anything but correct. The 9800GT, 9800GTX and later the GT 230, GTS 250.

The Geforce 200 refresh cards were GTX 260 core 216, GTX 275 and GTX 285. None of them had "Ti".

Here's the point clearly spelled for you:
nVidia DOES NOT always use "Ti" to brand refresh cards. It is actually more rare for them to use "Ti" than it is for them to rename them to new series. They have done this for MANY generations.

Please. You've been a member here for 2.8 years and you're arguing with those of us who've been around MUCH longer.
I owned a Geforce 256 DDR. I had a Voodoo2. We can compare e-peens all day long, but in the end, facts win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back