Should I buy Dragon Age Origins or Dawn or War 2

Dragon Age Origin or Dawn of War 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I put over 35 hours each into Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 and that was just one playthrough a piece. I know Dragon Age is going to be time consuming to say the least, especially considering I'd be interested in multiple playthroughs.

Yes, well imagine the fact that DAO took me 84 hours to complete a single playthrough.

Holy crap! My playthroughs of the ME series were on the long side but I like to do EVERYTHING. Now I'm scared (in a good way) of DA:O

Yes, well imagine the fact that DAO took me 84 hours to complete a single playthrough.

Think thats bad, I'm on my 5th runthrough of Dragon Age.Will do at least 2 or 3 more runthroughs before I'm done with it. The Dragon Age expansion comes out next week so that will add evem more replayability .....:D

If I buy chaos rising, am I able to add to my steam like the first game?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I love multiplayer RTS, and had a fair bit of fun with DoW 2 at release, but like previous Relic games, the balance was notably lacking, and the support post-release was simply awful.

If I were choosing between DoW and DA:O, I would definitely go with Dragon Age. It's a far better single-player game, and balance isn't of great concern.

you can't compare dragon age to mass effect 2

they are totally different games ! DAO is your more traditional D&D RPG its more like baldurs gate you control a team and stuff. While ME2 played like an adventure game with really awesome story and graphics. It also had RPG elements mixed in

Congrats to anyone who stuck with Dragon Age for 84 hours. I want to play it, but due to work and school I'm forced to limit my gaming time and it would probably take me months to complete. I've missed out on a lot of greats...FF7, Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Diablo II, Baldur's Gate, NWN, Planescape, Oblivion, etc. I also have Mass Effect and KotOR in my Steam list which haven't even been installed. Actually, now that I think of it I have DoW 1 & 2 sitting there too. Yeah, guess I won't need to worry about DAO being a timesink for a while. :D

I'm probably in the minority, but I couldn't get into DAO. Played it for a few minutes then gave up. I think as I get older and busier my patience with games is wearing out, lol.

I felt as though I did most everything in the game and my playthrough only took 40 hours. Still quite long and it's a testament to the game's quality that it can remain interesting for that long.

I'm probably in the minority, but I couldn't get into DAO. Played it for a few minutes then gave up. I think as I get older and busier my patience with games is wearing out, lol.

+1 you got a life, or at least decided to change priorities. I still love gaming.. but lighter, shorter games that I can manage and still get that insanely addicted good gaming feeling going on. :)

And, there's not a lot NEW in DA:O if you've been around a while. A lot of these new games are the same thing (basically) that you could've played in the 1980s or 1990s to be honest. It's still roleplaying. I spent as much time on old ass Buck Rogers RPGs as people are spending on DAO (http://www.giantbomb.com/buck-rogers-countdown-to-doomsday/61-5771/).

Most people posting here probably arent pushing or over 30 so DAO is something great if you haven't spent months on end (years on end) playing RPGs in the past.

Maybe some have, and that's great but my life has changed since graduating from college, getting a job and finding more in life. Gaming is getting pretty rewarding though in the co-op genre these days, doing things that we've been waiting to see for years (Left 4 Dead for example). I only dreamed of such a coop game in the early 90s.

Just 2cents.

+1 you got a life, or at least decided to change priorities. I still love gaming.. but lighter, shorter games that I can manage and still get that insanely addicted good gaming feeling going on. :)

The only major hurdle I see for getting into DAO is the combat. Most of the rest of the game successfully cuts out a lot of the fat associated with old school RPG gaming where you really have to constantly pay attention to everything in order to accomplish the quests. The combat (at least early on) tends to be quite unforgiving, boring and stodgy, particularly if you don't have any mages yet.

Mages are so gamebreakingly overpowered once you set up the right tactics later on, but without the massive CC, healing and AoE damage earlier on in the game, the combat easily becomes tedious because you have to micromanage everything. Even in a fight against like 3 skeletons you need to be on the ball.

Back