Alright ladies I got a question for you guys, I would appreciate any help that you provide.
I've seen that the dual core (X2) processor upgrade is rather inexpensive. I've seen it on TigerDirect for 69 cad.
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3001041&sku=CP2-A64-3800
Now my current set up is this:
AMD Athlon 64 - 3700 - 1024K L2 Cache (Socket 939) [90nm San Diego]
DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 Ultra-D (socket 939)
Corsair 2Gb XMS3200 Xtreme Pro C2 Series (4 x 512Mb) [TWINX1024-3200C2PRO]
250GB Western Digital
ATI Radeon X800XL - Radeon X800XL VPU w/256Mb GDDR3 & PCI Express x16 TVO
Enermax EG565P-VE FMA 535W ATX 12V Power Supply
Now I am wondering is it is worth the 80 bucks to upgrade from my current processor to the dual core. Would I notice a significant difference in every day computing and also playing both HL and HL2 games? I've been out of the loop since I got this rig nearly 2 years ago. I have no idea on what any manufacturer is planning on releasing any time soon or in the near future.. hence my post.
Many Thanks.
I've seen that the dual core (X2) processor upgrade is rather inexpensive. I've seen it on TigerDirect for 69 cad.
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3001041&sku=CP2-A64-3800
Now my current set up is this:
AMD Athlon 64 - 3700 - 1024K L2 Cache (Socket 939) [90nm San Diego]
DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 Ultra-D (socket 939)
Corsair 2Gb XMS3200 Xtreme Pro C2 Series (4 x 512Mb) [TWINX1024-3200C2PRO]
250GB Western Digital
ATI Radeon X800XL - Radeon X800XL VPU w/256Mb GDDR3 & PCI Express x16 TVO
Enermax EG565P-VE FMA 535W ATX 12V Power Supply
Now I am wondering is it is worth the 80 bucks to upgrade from my current processor to the dual core. Would I notice a significant difference in every day computing and also playing both HL and HL2 games? I've been out of the loop since I got this rig nearly 2 years ago. I have no idea on what any manufacturer is planning on releasing any time soon or in the near future.. hence my post.
Many Thanks.