Should I be worried..

bastage

Pics of your wife?
Joined
Mar 4, 2010
Messages
12,874
So My system has been off for about a week as I sold my CPU (x2 555 calisto) & Was waiting for another (x4 810) to arrive.. Well I got the new CPU today installed it & everything was fine. So I Figured I would see what I could overclock it to. In the bios I have a selection for other CPU's that it will try to match the performance of so I choose the x4 955, saved the bios & restarted.. Well over clock was unsucessfull (thats what I get for trying it the easy way). But after pulling the power cord & letting it sit for 30 seconds I powered it back on & had the overclock unsucessfull error screen.. Went into the bios & reset to default speeds & rebooted & Got the following error

Power supply surges detected during the previous power on. Asus anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply unit.

No Matter what unless I disable the surge protection in the bios I get this error & everything seems to be working fine.

PSU is a silverstone st60f-p & its only a few months old.

Rest of the system is comprised of Phenom II x4 810, Asus m4a88t-i mITX 88g board, Gigabyte HD 6850, Kingston HyPerX 1866Mhz Sodimm's & a Vertex 2 90gb & Samsung mp4 500gb for storage all in a Lian Li PC-Q11
 
What if you try resetting the CMOS battery?

Then it will take me a hour to do & I dont want to if I can avoid it.. To get to the CMOS Battery I have to literally disassemble the whole system before I would ahve clearance to reach it. here is a shot of the cmos battery down between a fan & the HSF.. There is only about an inch of clearance there & I am a big guy. Also this is what I ahve to go through to get to it.
 
damn, that's In there good. Well that's the only thing I could think of unfortunately >.> ...
 
Physically unplug the ATX connector and replug it again?
 
Removing the CMOS battery is a regular part of the overclocking process. At least it was last time I was into it, anytime you set things out of whack you had to reset the CMOS and remove the battery to do it.
 
Page 1-16 in your manual gives you instruction on how to reset CMOS via jumpers.... if you have steady hands and needlenose pliers, it's always an option.
 
Back
Top