Should I ask Dell for a replacement 2005FPW?

DSC04689.jpg

Here's a picture. That's pretty close to what I see when I look at it in the dark although the corner where the windows logo is perfect in real life. The bottom left, upper right, and the bottorm right slightly are messed up.

That's really not that bad, imo. Not sure if you'll get too much better on an exchange.

I have a third one on the way. The replacement was worst than the first. The support is great when you finally convince them that it is a manufacturing/design issue and not an electrical or firmware problem. Trying to get through and getting shifted around to different departments is a pain in the ass! I guess I have been on the phone a total of about 4 hours in dealing with all of this.

Anyway, yours don't look quite as bad as my first two.
2005fpw_small.jpg

Will see what the next one looks like.

Hrmmmm., well I got my first one of my order today, I'll get the second one tomorrow. Colors are great on it and no dead pixels. It has about the same backlight issue the the one on the left does there WLDock, but in the lower right corner. See what the one tomorrow brings. Then I'll get some pics of these together.

WLDock said:
I have a third one on the way. The replacement was worst than the first. The support is great when you finally convince them that it is a manufacturing/design issue and not an electrical or firmware problem. Trying to get through and getting shifted around to different departments is a pain in the ass! I guess I have been on the phone a total of about 4 hours in dealing with all of this.

2005fpw_small.jpg

Will see what the next one looks like.

GASP. Wow. What revision are those and where were they made?

WLDock said:
2005fpw_small.jpg

I just received my 2005FPW today and I can see a little bit of bleeding. It's minimal IMO. I would say that it's prolly the amount of the top portion of the left monitor with a little trace of bleeding in the bottom left corner. But for $411, it's works....

yeah let us know what the new one is like. I've got one that's got some backlight bleeding and I've had it for about a week. I think I'm getting used to it, but either way it is kinda annoying.

hummm... I can see these horizontal lines scaling up the left side of the monitor.. Can really only see them when the monitor screen is a shade of grey. What would that be called because I can see it really starting to bug me.

Hi everybody! I'm from Spain and I'm new in this forum. I have just received my new DELL 2005FPW. It's made in UK, REV A02, DECEMBER 2005.

The monitor has a considerable backlight in both bottom corners. :( I can also see a green subpixel dead.

2 pics! :

green subpixel:
verde_fundido.jpg

Backlight. Exposure 1/4:

2005fpw0'250seg.jpg

BTW...BioVader, you said: hummm... I can see these horizontal lines scaling up the left side of the monitor.. Can really only see them when the monitor screen is a shade of grey. What would that be called because I can see it really starting to bug me.

Ok, I can see that horizontal lines too, in the left side of the monitor. I can see them only in grey tones and pastel colors... :( That lines only appears when the monitor is connected by DVI. That lines bug me too!! :mad:

I think that I have the same problem than you...

You know to see them you need a very fine eye. ;)

Horizontal lines video link:

http://ma.martinez0015.en.eresmas.net/dell2005fpw/Hoz_Lines.MOV

To everybody:

What do you think about that??? That lines are normal in this monitor???

I think that I should call Dell for a replacement.

Thank you!!

P.D Sorry about my english :$

OK, three is a charm... WHEW! Finally a good one, the third time around. What a pain in the ASS!

2005fpw_3rd.jpg

Keep sending them back until DELL gets the message.

WLDock said:
OK, three is a charm... WHEW! Finally a good one, the third time around. What a pain in the ASS!

2005fpw_3rd.jpg

Phew, that's a relief. I'd like to order from costco in the event the 2007 comes flyin' around the corner here soon. But I have a feeling all their stock would be old and moldy. :(

WLDock said:

or just go try a different company, sending them back is going to send a message, they have your money.. as long as you don't ask for a refund, they probably don't care

H-street said:
or just go try a different company, sending them back is going to send a message, they have your money.. as long as you don't ask for a refund, they probably don't care

Your one measly little customer to them. Believe me, the could care less either way. Large corporations dont' give a shit about little people. Trust me, I worked for the largest corporation in the world for nearly 3 years. I know....

The new one I got is slightly better than my first one. I thought it was perfect when I first turned it on but it shows up a little more after warming up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/AManInJapan/DSC04694.jpg

I don't know.. I'm thinking about just straight up returning it and getting a 19" lcd. If you look at my system specs, 1680x1050 resoultion really takes a toll on my x1800xl and pentium d. I'll have to keep upgrading for future games. I don't know what is more worth it, widescreen in a square world or better performance in games.

WLDock said:

2005fpw_3rd.jpg

Did Dell expect you to pay return shipping for the first two monitors? I told them I just don't want the monitor anymore. The email says UPS will pick up the first one but I have to call UPS myself to arrange for the second one. I guess that means I would have to pay for it..

YoureDoingMeDamage said:
Did Dell expect you to pay return shipping for the first two monitors? I told them I just don't want the monitor anymore. The email says UPS will pick up the first one but I have to call UPS myself to arrange for the second one. I guess that means I would have to pay for it..

No, you call Dell and they will call and schedule a time and will give you a reference number. And they use DHL for that, no UPS.

IceWind said:
That one is nothing to complain about

You're absolutely right. I'm a big fucking crybaby. Please feel free to verbally harass me, I had completely made up my mind that I was going to return the Dell, and then busted out my old CRT. I even made a thread about it. But it's true though, once you go widescreen you CAN'T go back. I just missed the CLARITY of text, the extra desktop space, and the vivid colors too much. The backlight is damn near perfect too. I almost strayed off the path, but I'm back from the dark side and here to stay.

Back