Shogo 2 ?

leSLIe

Fisting is Too Mainstream for Me
I've just installed Shogo 1 on an old PC of mine (with a Riva 128 ZX) that certainly bring back some good old memories from the DX6 era.

So anyone knows if there is gonna be a Shogo 2 ? i remember seeing screenshots, but that was a loooong time ago

Not sure about a number 2 but I do remember playing the original back in the day and loving it. I used to play it people at LAN parties also, it was really great game IMO. May need to see if I still have the disk and load it up and play it a little bit.

I don't think it sold well enough to warrant a suquel. I loved Shogo, though. Played it through several times.

Shogo was increadibly fun when I played it also, but it didn't last that long.

Even though it brings back fond memories, I just don't think there will be a second one and there surely isn't any rumors/facts floating around the net stating there will be one either.

I'm surprised people know about Shogo, that game was amazingly fun to play. Good for its time imo.

There was a Shogo 2 in development a few years back but it fell off the wagon.

Shogo was a good game, arguably the second best FPS of 98. It would be remembered better if not for a little game called Half-Life which kinda overshadowed it.

Man, I bought shogo a bit late I think. I was at walmart one day like five years ago and I saw it in one of those game sections where games are put in those crappy cardboard sleeves. It came with Septerra Core for $10.

I thought it was going to be a crap title, but ended up being one of my favorite games back then.

Shogo /and/ Septerra Core were great games. That was $10 well spent on your part. Septerra Core did start really slow. Still, arguably one of the best PC-only RPGs ever, in my opinion. Wish they'd made a sequel with higher resolution graphics; it's pretty blurry by today's standards.

I would love if they made a shogo 2. But such games are nothing but a childhood dream.

Man. I loved septerra core a lot. Actually played through it more than once, and i don't do that very often.

Shogo, i never really got into. HL was eating my brain at the time, so it had some real competition.

Man. I loved septerra core a lot. Actually played through it more than once, and i don't do that very often.

Shogo, i never really got into. HL was eating my brain at the time, so it had some real competition.

Both games were excellent. I still have copies of both installed on my computer. Games like this are over shadowed by all the pretty graphics available today.

Unreal also came out at that time! WOW , what an era. Those were the good ole days! Dam I miss em..

i tried to play Shogo 1 with my current setup (8800 SLI) and i couldn't get it to work, so i have to use some old skewl [H]ardware

I got it to work fine with a single 8800 GTX. I'll tell you in a couple weeks if it works with SLI. Had to copy it over to the harddrive to get it to install under Vista, and a few times the cursor was showing when it shouldn't have, but other than that.

Wow, surprised about someone talking about old games and liking them. Especially when alot of kiddies these days only care about graphics.

I loved playing Shogo back in the day. Makes me feel like installing it, just don't want to ruin the memories if it hasn't aged well :/ *looks at stacks of old school games ontop of desk*

yeah back in that time, new nvidia drivers came out, the Detonator series, and they introduced Texture Compression, after that the textures didn't look too good.

Shogo was awesome way back when. But no, there will be no Shogo 2. I remember reading something about it a long, long time ago that Monolith had no plans to do a sequel. Sure, they could always go back, but I don't see that happening. They have a solid IP on their hands right now, and something tells me if they dipped into the past, they would do a follow up to NOLF before Shogo.

Slave Zero was a far cry from Shogo.

really? well in Shogo you pilot a robot, a mecha if u will
i Slave Zero, hmm... i think it just was a big robot, i played it but i don't remember much about it really :p long time ago

My god, I loved Shogo to death. Loved the single player and especially loved the multiplayer. MP was so unforgiving - brutally fast, and most of the people playing were pros who would hand you your ass at any given moment. If Shogo 2 were done right and released, I'd cream my pants. Twice.

Loved it, and still occasionally load it up and play it. It was too short though! :mad:

I guess I'll have to load it up again, aah...the memories....

I agree the single player only lasted me 4 hours at best and it had such a sudden ending to go along with it as well, if it were for the awsome MP I'd say Shogo would of sucked with some cool features.

I actually bought it a long time ago but my parents made me take it back cause they wouldn't allow me to have M rated games back then... I never even got to open it... sniff!

really? well in Shogo you pilot a robot, a mecha if u will
i Slave Zero, hmm... i think it just was a big robot, i played it but i don't remember much about it really :p long time ago

Oh yes. Slave Zero was super linear and boring. The mech aspect is the only thing they shared. Shogo also had the on-foot combat. It melded together very well. Also, Shogo multiplayer rocked!

Back