InfernalMachine
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Jan 8, 2004
- Messages
- 418
My rig finally bit the dust. Powered up fine all lights and fans, keyboard/mouse lights, HDDs spin up, etc.
No beeps. No Post. No video signal.
After one or two restarts the keyboard/mouse cease to light-up (they work fine with my laptop). So I check the USB ports with other gear. The USB ports are pushing power but not enough to light up the keyboard or mouse (charging my Nexus One, Zune and iPod works.
I took out the RAM, no beeps still.
Put each stick of RAM in the A, B, C, D slots. I would get three beeps with the RAM in Dual Channel slots (blue on my Mobo but set to run in the black slots as Intel suggests). Still no booting/posting with either stick in any slot.
I tried each video card on its own, no change.
Disconnected each HDD, no change (heading out to get one of those HDD docks to pull my data).
Mobo/CPU fried (perhaps the little CMOS battery)? CPU sink is cool to the touch.
Ram fried? Never booted a functioning rig with no ram but I would assume that you would still get a video signal of sorts?
I've got zero other gear to swap out and test with
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
EDIT: could be time to just rebuild/upgrade to a DX11 rig =D / =( rather not spend the cash tho
No beeps. No Post. No video signal.
After one or two restarts the keyboard/mouse cease to light-up (they work fine with my laptop). So I check the USB ports with other gear. The USB ports are pushing power but not enough to light up the keyboard or mouse (charging my Nexus One, Zune and iPod works.
I took out the RAM, no beeps still.
Put each stick of RAM in the A, B, C, D slots. I would get three beeps with the RAM in Dual Channel slots (blue on my Mobo but set to run in the black slots as Intel suggests). Still no booting/posting with either stick in any slot.
I tried each video card on its own, no change.
Disconnected each HDD, no change (heading out to get one of those HDD docks to pull my data).
Mobo/CPU fried (perhaps the little CMOS battery)? CPU sink is cool to the touch.
Ram fried? Never booted a functioning rig with no ram but I would assume that you would still get a video signal of sorts?
I've got zero other gear to swap out and test with
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
EDIT: could be time to just rebuild/upgrade to a DX11 rig =D / =( rather not spend the cash tho
Last edited: