Sheriff Uses Software To Scare Kids Away From Drugs

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Sheriff of Mendocino County is using special software to show kids what their faces would look like after using meth. The only problem? After the software was used on the host of the show, it kinda turned him into a bad ass looking dude you’d see in a video game.

"You're young. You're vibrant. You have great-looking skin. Your hair is there, your teeth are there," Allman says. "The software ... morphs it into causing the physiological effects that meth causes — the open scabs, the droopy skin, the hair loss."

woah, the link went straight to the story instead of the news landing page :eek:

damn, that guy looks seriously ready to kill and then rape something

Oh man!

One year on meth and I'll be ready to grab a shotgun/crowbar and go zombie hunting!

Oh man!

One year on meth and I'll be ready to grab a shotgun/crowbar and go zombie hunting!

A year on meth and you probably WOULD be ready to grab a shotgun/crowbar and go zombie hunting... Only the zombies wouldn't really be there... hahahaha... Just your wife and kids...

A year on meth and you probably WOULD be ready to grab a shotgun/crowbar and go zombie hunting... Only the zombies wouldn't really be there... hahahaha... Just your wife and kids...

That's not really a hahahaha thing to say :rolleyes:

But yea, you can't escape the horrors of meth's effects on the human body here in the midwest. Meth use is pretty high here. It must do something really amazing for kids here that choose to do it after seeing the way it's destroyed people hardly ten years their senior. Don't do drugs, m'kay?

I am completely against drug use myself. I even avoid using legal ones when possible, though I am not one of those crazies who won't take the medications I need. I simply believe we as a society are entirely too dependent on pharms.

That said, Legalize all drugs I say. I see no reason why people should not be able to destroy themselves if they deem fit. If they are dumb enough to ruin their lives or kill themselves with it, I see no reason for the government to be involved in protecting them from themselves.

Besides, Meth users are in fact real zombies. I am just waiting for everyone to realize this so I can legally go zombie hunting.

Deer Season
Turkey Season
Various Fish species Season
Bear season
It is time for Zombie Season! :D

It's not about FUD though. That's the wrong approach, yet it's what most law enforcers seem to do. You need to show all the sides of Meth so that people will realise why you don't want them to do it. You also need to simultaneously tackle the social problems that lead to people doing it and starting habits. In the same way, if you don't want someone to steal, you don't just show them what will happen if they steal but tackle the cause of their desire/need to steal. If scaremongering by itself worked, drugs wouldn't be such a major issue.

They should offer an alternative imho. (This bit is a bit tongue in cheek, just to warn you.) Don't do Meth: drink alcohol and smoke weed! But only socially!

I am completely against drug use myself. I even avoid using legal ones when possible, though I am not one of those crazies who won't take the medications I need. I simply believe we as a society are entirely too dependent on pharms.

That said, Legalize all drugs I say. I see no reason why people should not be able to destroy themselves if they deem fit. If they are dumb enough to ruin their lives or kill themselves with it, I see no reason for the government to be involved in protecting them from themselves.

Besides, Meth users are in fact real zombies. I am just waiting for everyone to realize this so I can legally go zombie hunting.

Deer Season
Turkey Season
Various Fish species Season
Bear season
It is time for Zombie Season! :D

Yeah, but your argument falls short, when some heroine addict decides to get behind the wheel of a car and kill others on the road.

Food for thought...

This applies to forklifts, airplanes, motorcycles, bicycles and simply walking around. Impaired state of mind and motion. Not a good thing.

That's not really a hahahaha thing to say :rolleyes:

...snip...

Don't do drugs, m'kay?

The hahahaha... was for seeing zombies that don't exist. Not for being insensitive to drug use and it's effects. Equate my post to nervous laughter I guess...

BTW... It's "Drugs are bad... M'kay?" hahaha...

So then this cop trying to keep kids off meth is selling pot and coke on the side then? Taking one sided approaches isn't a good idea. Take them to a hospital ward where they can see people with illnesses caused by all sorts of drugs, legal and illegal. That would make a much more solid point I think.

Yeah, but your argument falls short, when some heroine addict decides to get behind the wheel of a car and kill others on the road.

Food for thought...

This applies to forklifts, airplanes, motorcycles, bicycles and simply walking around. Impaired state of mind and motion. Not a good thing.

The hahahaha... was for seeing zombies that don't exist. Not for being insensitive to drug use and it's effects. Equate my post to nervous laughter I guess...

Same argument applies to Alcohol and is legal and accepted. It is called DUI or Driving Under Influence. It does not specify under the influence of what as it applies to Alcohol, weed, prescription meds, OTC meds, blowjobs or pretty much anything that influences your driving in a negative manner.

Best example I can recall off the top of my head comes from TruTV worlds dumbest. Some guy driving down a deserted back road in a golf cart gets arrested for DUI. In a Worst case scenario he only stood to harm himself. However they still consider it DUI and still charge him just the same. Drug of choice really is as irrelevant as the vehicle of choice.

Food for thought...

Your argument falls short on the fact that making drugs illegals has failed to stop drug use. It has only forced it into dark alleys and away from available help.

Billions of dollars are placed in the hands of violent criminals every year.
Billions of dollars are spent fighting the criminal element created by drug smuggling.
Billions of dollars are spent imprisoning people for using drugs every year.
Billions of dollars of tax revenue are lost every year.

and in the end...

People that want to use drugs still use drugs, they are just forced to get them from criminals and hide their addictions.

Somehow I have the feeling that the trillions of dollars spent on the ineffective war on drugs could have been better spent. Like on... ohhh... inexpensive drug rehab programs?

If you let people ruin their lives.... it's the kids that pay the price the most.

I think the bottom image would attract boys look more thug, Grand Theft Auto Style. Then they can get the girls.

Not to mention the obvious hole in the "war-on-drugs"... The simple fact that two of the worst drugs, alcohol and tobacco, are legal. While drugs that are by all accounts less harmful and less addictive (Acid, THC, shrooms, steroids, Ecstasy, etc) are illegal.

Tobacco kills more people every day then Ecstasy has since it was invented.

Not to mention the obvious hole in the "war-on-drugs"... The simple fact that two of the worst drugs, alcohol and tobacco, are legal. While drugs that are by all accounts less harmful and less addictive (Acid, THC, shrooms, steroids, Ecstasy, etc) are illegal.

Tobacco kills more people every day then Ecstasy has since it was invented.

Part of our social evolution revolves around alcohol. They think it is why humans became agrarian. We have a very high tolerance for it all things considered. Imagine if you did Acid all day every day for 20 years. You would be a lot worse off than a bum liver and brain damage. Nicotene isn't much worse than coffee.

Steroids do cause physical damage although in moderation they aren't that bad. Acid and X are bad, shrooms I don't know. Weed on the other hand does need to be legal.

Anywho, I would be all for letting everyone do whatever they want and kill themselves if they want. The only issue is I think a much larger portion of society than you are guessing would go down the toilet. It would greatly affect us all

Part of our social evolution revolves around alcohol. They think it is why humans became agrarian. We have a very high tolerance for it all things considered. Imagine if you did Acid all day every day for 20 years. You would be a lot worse off than a bum liver and brain damage. Nicotene isn't much worse than coffee.

Steroids do cause physical damage although in moderation they aren't that bad. Acid and X are bad, shrooms I don't know. Weed on the other hand does need to be legal.

That right there is the problem. People actually believe what you just said. Ecstasy is NOT a harmful drug, nor is it addictive. The biggest risk with X is raves where water is $5/bottle and people die of dehydration to avoid paying. Shrooms fall into the same category as X, essentially 0 negative side effects. Yet despite this, laws are designed to push people to drink alcohol and smoke tobacco instead of doing 1/10th the harm to themselves.

Tobacco is more addictive then meth and nearly as much as cocaine. The reality is that a person that has been taking acid every day for 20 years IS far better off then the person drinking or smoking for the same period. That's the whole problem.

500px-Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_%28mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence%29.svg.png

I don't mind legalizing drugs as long as the government doesn't have to pay to fix the addicts.

The argument about alcohol and tobacco is interesting. I wouldn't say they are "worse" drugs, but because of the widespread use, the negatives are always present. Who doesn't know someone who has either died of lung cancer or has been injured in a car accident caused by a drunk driver?

Your argument falls short on the fact that making drugs illegals has failed to stop drug use. It has only forced it into dark alleys and away from available help.

Billions of dollars are placed in the hands of violent criminals every year.
Billions of dollars are spent fighting the criminal element created by drug smuggling.
Billions of dollars are spent imprisoning people for using drugs every year.
Billions of dollars of tax revenue are lost every year.

and in the end...

People that want to use drugs still use drugs, they are just forced to get them from criminals and hide their addictions.

Somehow I have the feeling that the trillions of dollars spent on the ineffective war on drugs could have been better spent. Like on... ohhh... inexpensive drug rehab programs?

So in your world, it would be all drugs, heroine, ecstasy, acid, shrooms, and pot available at your local Shop Right OTC aisle?

Hmm... Dark alleyways? God look around you mate. The dude three cubicles down from you is scheming right now...

If there is no legal ramifications for the possession of certain dangerous substances, than it would be a free for all, and yes trillions of dollars will BE spent on inexpensive rehab programs. Guess what? 50% of America will be addicted to some substance, just like coffee and cigarettes and the other 50% will have to pay the cost and bear the burden.

Scary huh?

That being said... I agree that Pot should be legalized. hehehehe... Grows out the ground. Nuff said. (well, coke does too, but let's not go that far.) hahaha....

@Nemesis999 IC your point and agree...

Support the Oregon Cannabis Tax Act of 2010!

http://www.cannabistaxact.org/

Through legalization & regulation, we can have a future that is less crime-ridden. With less violence. This goes for all substances, even hard drugs. Law Enforcement Against Prohibition is a good resource, here is their website (they can teach many people so much): http://www.leap.cc/cms/index.php

Reign in this crazy drug war, and legalize / regulate all substances! & Yes, this would be to the benefit of the children, prohibition only hurts children.

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."
-Abraham Lincoln (1809-65), U.S. President.
Speech, 18 Dec. 1840, to Illinois House of Representatives

If there is no legal ramifications for the possession of certain dangerous substances, than it would be a free for all, and yes trillions of dollars will BE spent on inexpensive rehab programs. Guess what? 50% of America will be addicted to some substance, just like coffee and cigarettes and the other 50% will have to pay the cost and bear the burden.

That argument falls apart in the simple fact that 70 years of "war on drugs" has left usage rates roughly the same as they were when it started. Anyone that wants drugs already buys them on one of a thousand street corners.

As for "trillions of dollars" being spent on rehab... Attempting to bring expense into this is a 100% failing argument. The current method of dealing with addiction is to put someone in jail at a cost of tens of thousands of dollars per year is far more expensive then a basic rehab program. That is, of course, also ignoring the simple fact that the government would be collecting hundreds of billions of dollars in taxes from drug sales, and spending tens of billions less fighting the gangs that currently collect those hundreds fo billions in potential tax dollars.

So in your world, it would be all drugs, heroine, ecstasy, acid, shrooms, and pot available at your local Shop Right OTC aisle?

Hmm... Dark alleyways? God look around you mate. The dude three cubicles down from you is scheming right now...

Scary huh?

That being said... I agree that Pot should be legalized. hehehehe... Grows out the ground. Nuff said. (well, coke does too, but let's not go that far.) hahaha....

@Nemesis999 IC your point and agree...

This is the kind of exaggerated fear-mongering that has the current anti-drug pushers being laughed at. :rolleyes:

That argument falls apart in the simple fact that 70 years of "war on drugs" has left usage rates roughly the same as they were when it started. Anyone that wants drugs already buys them on one of a thousand street corners.

As for "trillions of dollars" being spent on rehab... Attempting to bring expense into this is a 100% failing argument. The current method of dealing with addiction is to put someone in jail at a cost of tens of thousands of dollars per year is far more expensive then a basic rehab program. That is, of course, also ignoring the simple fact that the government would be collecting hundreds of billions of dollars in taxes from drug sales, and spending tens of billions less fighting the gangs that currently collect those hundreds fo billions in potential tax dollars.

Yo go BRO! Make that S#it happen!

Food for thought...

Heroine addicts do it anyways, law or no law.

I'm also for legalizing drugs, but keep that shit away from me. I'm 100% drug free except for caffeine :D

Legalize drugs would lower the cost of drugs, putting a lot of cartels out of business, lower crime where drug use and sales are concerned, and give the government something else to tax the shit out of, like cigs and alcohol, and yet still remain cheaper than it is now.

We would just need to apply the same laws as alcohol regarding drug use. DUI would include drug use, and you would still be fired from jobs if you come in stoned. Age restriction of course should also apply.

I don't mind legalizing drugs as long as the government doesn't have to pay to fix the addicts.

Drug treatment is far cheaper than trials and prison. It's probably more effective also. The taxes on drugs could go towards treatment.

"The 'Just Say No' didn't work. So we don't know what does work, but I can tell you that the software is having more of a positive effect than anything that I've ever been involved with on the drug fight."

'We've tried everything but telling them the truth!'

If it wasn't such a serious issue, it would be funny. I'm not for the legalization of all drugs nor am I for removing age/driving restrictions (why do ppl keep thinking that?). Some things like weed are just obvious and its a cultural fight not a scientific one. Those have a history of taking way too damn long to win.

Try getting a pro-jail-for-personal-use supporter to recognize the difference between 'use' and 'abuse'.

^^^ I agree. With legalization and taxation, I think you can actually win the war on drugs.

Yo go BRO! Make that S#it happen!

It will never happen for one simple reason.

Politicians will have to step forward and admit that for decades they have completely destroyed the lives of millions upon millions of Americans for no real reason.

Think about how many billions of months in jail time these laws have generated over the last 70 years (most for simple possession), then try to imagine a politician stepping up and admitting the laws were useless in the first place.

So one year after meth use, the guy's eyes turned from brown to blue? I think that's a really good deal!

methguy1_custom.jpg

So one year after meth use, the guy's eyes turned from brown to blue? I think that's a really good deal!

methguy1_custom.jpg

I think you're mixing your drugs up. It's melange that causes your eyes to turn blue. ;)

I think you're mixing your drugs up. It's melange that causes your eyes to turn blue. ;)

If the spice melange was available on planet earth it would definitely be legal. hahahaha...

You would need to drink and drive anymore, because you'd be travelling without moving on it. All of the above problems solved. hehehe... :D

God I hate Scare Tactics. They don't WORK. If someone wants to do meth they really don't give a crap if it's going to kill them, so what makes you think they care if it makes them ugly?

anyway, I'm for legalization. It's hypocritical to allow people to get drunk off their ass and not let them get high. A lot of times, being drunk is far more dangerous to others than being high. Hell, opium and marijuana can sometimes make people NICER to be around.

But considering 90% of America freaks out when they hear the word "drug" I really doubt it will happen. Little do they release that alcohol is a drug, and they do drugs every weekend when they get blind drunk on cheap beer and wine

anyway, I'm for legalization. It's hypocritical to allow people to get drunk off their ass and not let them get high. A lot of times, being drunk is far more dangerous to others than being high. Hell, opium and marijuana can sometimes make people NICER to be around.

Well, nicer really depends on the perspective. One thing is for sure, the cops have never been called because two stoners smoked up and got into a fight. Can't say the same thing about drunks! :D

Well, nicer really depends on the perspective. One thing is for sure, the cops have never been called because two stoners smoked up and got into a fight. Can't say the same thing about drunks! :D

Well that's my point. But the media would have you believe that smoking a joint will turn you into a raving psychopath.

Here's some interesting numbers to put everything in perspective.

Annual Causes of Death in the United States
Code:
Tobacco	                                                                435,000
Poor Diet and Physical Inactivity	                                365,000
Alcohol	                                                                 85,000 
Microbial Agents	                                                 75,000
Toxic Agents	                                                         55,000
Motor Vehicle Crashes	                                                 26,347
Adverse Reactions to Prescription Drugs	                                 32,000
Suicide	                                                                 30,622
Incidents Involving Firearms	                                         29,000
Homicide	                                                         20,308
Sexual Behaviors	                                                 20,000
All Illicit Drug Use, Direct and Indirect	                         17,000
Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Such As Aspirin	                  7,600
Marijuana	                                                              0

Marijuana really should say "THC" since you do get exposed to carcinogens when smoking.
http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30

Back