• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SharePoint On-Prem URL Issue

DeaconFrost

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Sep 6, 2007
Messages
11,610
Any SharePoint admins? I was tasked with setting up an on-prem SharePoint server to be able to compare Project Server on-prem with our hosted Office 365 platform. I've been able to get it working using http://servername/sites/whatever. So far, so good. AD sync is working, I was able to send invites, etc.

I decided to update the IIS bindings to use a URL and SSL certificate. I've done this hundreds of times in IIS. I left port 80, added 443, bound it to the cert. I added the URL in the hostname field, project.domain.com. All seemed good.

I was able to log in remotely from my laptop using the https://project.domain.com URL. Cert looked good. Errors all over the place, even when trying to share the site with another user. I log back in to the server via RDP, and I can't even log in to Sharepoint at all there, using the same account. My only "solution" at this point was to revert all bindings back to the defaults, with the hostname field blank. So, my question is, is there somewhere within Sharepoint itself that I need to specific the URL for the site...so instead of being servername/ it can be project.domain.com? I have no idea why adding the hostname to the IIS binding broke basic functionality, unless I missed a step in where to specify.
 
Thanks for the link. I can save it now. I was only adding HTTPS and bindings in IIS. Didn't do the Extend portion in Web Applications from without Sharepoint. I have it running on the proper URL and using an SSL cert now. Thanks!
 
Back
Top