Shadowrun Kickstarter - From the Creator

Excellent!

Man all these developers coming out of the woodwork with there kickstarters. IMO this is how the gaming community should work, we should be helping fund developers like this. A little bit of pay it forward. :)

These Kickstarter things are quite a boon for us. I would rather have 10 games that have the fun and gameplay and love put into them that we, as gamers, had the joy to play back in the late 80s and early 90s than the bloated messes of just graphics that we have mostly these days.

Crysis 2 is an amazing looking game, but beyond that it's kind of meh; barely passable but nothing to write home about. I really long for the fun that I had back then with games like Wasteland and Starflight 1 and 2.

What we REALLY need is a Kickstarter for a remake of TIE Fighter that is basically just a facelift. Take the original game, the original missions and gameplay and give it a nice DX11 (or even DX9) engine. I would definitely throw my money at that!

Hm, Shadowrun...

As long as they don't go silly casual, they at least have my $15.

I'll probably fund this one a little. My only concern with all these projects is there will be too many at once. I really can't afford to give to a dozen game projects if they all announce so close to each other. As much as I want this too work and too see some of the older games come back I hope the various devs don't overwhelm us with projects.

The video on the Shadowrun site was great. I had the Sega Genesis version of Shadowrun and it was actually pretty damn good from what I remember. Friends and I played the pen and paper game too.

I just hope that this kickstarter thing does not fold under it's own weight. I could see it spreading support out too far if too many came out at the same time. I do like the direction this is taking pc gaming though!

Yeah, I am all for it though. I think this kickstarter process will work well. Especially when you have some of the devs doing the kicking it forward idea http://kickingitforward.org/. It should help out by keeping the funding cycles going.

Has anyone actually received a product they backed through kickstarter? What was it and did it meet your expectations? Just curious...

I am way too broke to help these kickstarts. They are gonna bankrupt everyone and nobody will be able to buy the games once they actually release (lol, just joking, chill out)

I am of the opinion though that most of these projects will never see the light of day. Sad but true.

If Chris Roberts still has access to the Wing Commander IP he needs to do a kickstarter for that series!

I have many fond memories of pen and papers RPG's, so couldn't say no to this.

I'm in at the $15 rate. I think I'll do four of these a year, and hope one works out well. Anything else will be considered a bonus.

It's a lot easier for me to spend money on Kickstarter compared to big publishers.

The only thing that I am a bit disappointed in is the fact that there is not a condition monitor for damage. Shadowrun has one of the best damage systems ever made, and they converted it into a HP system. However, I still like what I see, and have been wanting this for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am loving the Alpha gameplay. Totally what I wanted to see. I agree with the comments about the damage system, however I am happy that I am a backer.

I don't like that it is listed as being built for "Apple & Android Tablets and PCs." I'm not a fan of mobile games being ported to PC. Worse than console ports IMO.

I don't like that it is listed as being built for "Apple & Android Tablets and PCs." I'm not a fan of mobile games being ported to PC. Worse than console ports IMO.

It's being developed for PC. You can't even pre-order the mobile version yet.

Somehow I missed out on the Kickstarter campaign. I'm definitely going to order the CE prior to launch after watching that alpha gameplay

Isn't there still things you can back on that Kickstarter? I should pledge $250 on this, I'm obsessed with Shadowrun.

Isn't there still things you can back on that Kickstarter? I should pledge $250 on this, I'm obsessed with Shadowrun.

The Shadowrun Returns kickstarter ended forever ago, but you can pre-order here.

Shadowrun Online (a separate product by a different dev) is still accepting paypal contributions here.

Weisman said, "Unlike working with a publisher, not shipping is not an option." You could not ship, and then not have a reputation. "Exactly. I'm old, I don't have time to build a new reputation. I have to live off the one I have," Weisman said. "Come hell or high water, we're shipping this thing, and it will be the best our blood, sweat and tears can make it."

lines like this are why i am excited about games like shadowrun returns, PE, Wasteland, the new torment some very talented people are putting their entire reputations on the line to make these games. They may end up sucking but they have some very very real incentive to deliver

link to interview http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...an-direct-to-consumer-is-a-double-edged-sword

It's long since been funded. I don't know why Aunt Flo is visiting at this point.

Some people gotta hate on KS every chance they get. Particularly now, since this is evidence that KS works. You have a game about to launch that was nothing but a concept when it started, that has had a significant development time, and all that. It is a big blow to people who said that "All Kickstarter projects are scams" and such things since, well, here is a big one about to be delivered.

I'm looking forward to it. I went in on the KS, and I'm looking forward to seeing the result.

Don't blame me that she chose a terrible lifestyle. :p

You're off the hook :p

Back on topic, I had no idea this game even existed until I saw it pop up on the front page of Steam. Looked interesting, but I have no idea if it's something I would play for more than a few hours. Although it does bear a striking resemblence to Fallout, which I couldn't get enough of. I've been pancaking on this decision for the last 24 hours

Back