Shadow Warrior 3

Im my opinion, Shadow Warrior (2013) is by far the best. I finished SW2 but just didn't do it for me. So alas, i'll have to pass on this even if it's on sale now.

I got a few minutes in SW2 and couldn't get into it. May try it again some day. Never played SW3.

SW1 was a fairly good game. I liked the map designs, weapons and whatnot. It was a simple yet competent shooter. SW2 seemed to focus too much on upgrades and melee from the onset and I didn't like the designs in it so dropped it quickly.

yup. mike moh, and it sucks...

Is there some reason behind this?

I know Voice actors get the shaft all the time and directors don't seem to have any loyalty, but if it was because of some other reason, I'm eager to find out.

Do they have a new voice actor for Wang?
Yes.

Is there some reason behind this?

I know Voice actors get the shaft all the time and directors don't seem to have any loyalty, but if it was because of some other reason, I'm eager to find out.
The original voice actor died, then there was a new dude. And then there was a new new dude. And they're all white dudes. I dunno what's going on with that studio, honestly.

Yes.

The original voice actor died, then there was a new dude. And then there was a new new dude. And they're all white dudes. I dunno what's going on with that studio, honestly.
Jason Liebrecht has voiced Lo Wang since the 2013 reboot. John William Galt, who voiced the character in the original game, died after the voice recording for SW3 was completed.

Mike Moh is a Korean-American, so I am going to assume that in the <Current Year> that they wanted a voice actor who is the same race as the character they're voicing. Even though Lo Wang is Chinese, but the identity politicians simplify it to "Asian." It's racist woke nonsense.

Jason Liebrecht has voiced Lo Wang since the 2013 reboot. John William Galt, who voiced the character in the original game, died after the voice recording for SW3 was completed.

Mike Moh is a Korean-American, so I am going to assume that in the <Current Year> that they wanted a voice actor who is the same race as the character they're voicing. Even though Lo Wang is Chinese, but the identity politicians simplify it to "Asian." It's racist woke nonsense.
Shows how much I know (... nothing). All I saw was "Mike" and thought they used a white dude again. It's a little more fitting to have an Asian playing an Asian ... although the character being Chinese still feels a bit off the mark. But they're trying! It's not something I usually care about, but a white dude doing an Asian accent has always seemed very ... off to me. I've enjoyed the games, but I've always thought that was wrong. I don't normally call things racist because everything is racist these days and the word has lost all meaning, but in this particular instance it seems more fitting not having a white guy doing a character with a stereotypical Asian accent. Also, what is "racist woke nonsense?" Catering to identity politics? If so, I agree.

Personally, I think they should have cast James Hong. He's hilarious.

Shows how much I know (... nothing). All I saw was "Mike" and thought they used a white dude again. It's a little more fitting to have an Asian playing an Asian ... although the character being Chinese still feels a bit off the mark. But they're trying! It's not something I usually care about, but a white dude doing an Asian accent has always seemed very ... off to me. I've enjoyed the games, but I've always thought that was wrong. I don't normally call things racist because everything is racist these days and the word has lost all meaning, but in this particular instance it seems more fitting not having a white guy doing a character with a stereotypical Asian accent. Also, what is "racist woke nonsense?" Catering to identity politics? If so, I agree.

Personally, I think they should have cast James Hong. He's hilarious.
I personally never gave a damn what race the guy dong the voice was, it's mostly just for a few laughs here and there anyhow. It's like getting annoyed a british guy doing an american accent.

I personally never gave a damn what race the guy dong the voice was, it's mostly just for a few laughs here and there anyhow. It's like getting annoyed a british guy doing an american accent.
I'm not annoyed, I just don't find it to be as authentic. And no, getting annoyed by a white guy doing another white guy's accent is not remotely the same in this case and you seem to be missing the point. It would be like a white guy doing a black guy's accent. The voice acting has always cracked me up, but it doesn't feel as authentic to me, and it really wouldn't be difficult to cast a Chinese voice actor for the part. And they still couldn't manage that. Whether that has any relevance to anyone else doesn't really matter, it's just my personal feelings.

I'm not annoyed, I just don't find it to be as authentic. And no, getting annoyed by a white guy doing another white guy's accent is not remotely the same in this case and you seem to be missing the point. It would be like a white guy doing a black guy's accent. The voice acting has always cracked me up, but it doesn't feel as authentic to me, and it really wouldn't be difficult to cast a Chinese voice actor for the part. And they still couldn't manage that. Whether that has any relevance to anyone else doesn't really matter, it's just my personal feelings.
so what happens if the actor is asian-american without an "asian" accent and then he puts on an accent, is that racist now? its a fucking voice, like apu, it doesnt matter who is doing it, thats why its call ACTING!

so what happens if the actor is asian-american without an "asian" accent and then he puts on an accent, is that racist now? its a fucking voice, like apu, it doesnt matter who is doing it, thats why its call ACTING!
What happens? Nothing happens. I don't understand why this is a hard concept to grasp. A race doing the same race is not racist. I don't even think a white person doing an Asian voice is inherently racist, but it can definitely be offensive given the context. If nothing else, it can be seen as racially or culturally insensitive, not necessarily racist. I understand what voice acting is. I'm saying it's not like there is a shortage of Asian voice actors. I just prefer the authenticity, authenticity in a race representing their own race. You can't have it both ways. People complain on this site when an Asian character in a movie is replaced by a white actor for absolutely no reason. Or just a race of a certain character in general is replaced with something entirely for diversity's sake. It's unnecessary. People can voice act whoever they want to voice act. A white guy can put on a ghetto ebonics accent of a black character, though that wouldn't go over very well. I'm surprised how angry you are getting over an opinion.

And speaking of Apu:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-14/the-simpsons-hank-zaria-apu-apologises-racism/100069404

Although I feel this has more to do with all the "white guilt" nonsense floating around lately, it still has relevance, whether it personally affects you or not.

What happens? Nothing happens. I don't understand why this is a hard concept to grasp. A race doing the same race is not racist. I don't even think a white person doing an Asian voice is inherently racist, but it can definitely be offensive given the context. If nothing else, it can be seen as racially or culturally insensitive, not necessarily racist. I understand what voice acting is. I'm saying it's not like there is a shortage of Asian voice actors. I just prefer the authenticity, authenticity in a race representing their own race. You can't have it both ways. People complain on this site when an Asian character in a movie is replaced by a white actor for absolutely no reason. Or just a race of a certain character in general is replaced with something entirely for diversity's sake. It's unnecessary. People can voice act whoever they want to voice act. A white guy can put on a ghetto ebonics accent of a black character, though that wouldn't go over very well. I'm surprised how angry you are getting over an opinion.

And speaking of Apu:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-14/the-simpsons-hank-zaria-apu-apologises-racism/100069404

Although I feel this has more to do with all the "white guilt" nonsense floating around lately, it still has relevance, whether it personally affects you or not.
lol "angry" ok... its a voice, not a face and when done well you cant tell the difference. i know white jamaicans that talk like black jamaicans, that racist too? no, none of it is, its a voice. stuff the muh representation bullshit.
ps: people are upset over establish characters being replaced for no reason. not a hard concept.
pps: a swear word does not equal anger.
ppps: you do realize that accents are regional not racial, right?
edit^ and just realized where we are, i dont need a ot ban, so im done.

Last edited:
lol "angry" ok... its a voice, not a face and when done well you cant tell the difference. i know white jamaicans that talk like black jamaicans, that racist too? no, none of it is, its a voice. stuff the muh representation bullshit.
ps: people are upset over establish characters being replaced for no reason. not a hard concept.
pps: a swear word does not equal anger.
ppps: you do realize that accents are regional not racial, right?
edit^ and just realized where we are, i dont need a ot ban, so im done.
No I can't tell the difference. You're right. And it isn't that big of a deal to me. I was just trying to illustrate an opposing viewpoint because I like healthy debating. But none of this has been particularly healthy. I agree with you that it's blown out way of proportion, much like everything is these days. And yes, I know accents are regional. Reminds me of that scene in Rush Hour when Agent Carter was freaking out cuz the Chinese guy could only speak French. I'm not a "muh representation" or "muh" anything type person. But I always find it rather childish when the "muh" thing is ever brought up in a normal conversation. Or swearing for that matter. People swear when they run out of intelligent things to say. You don't appear to possess the ability to discuss your differences of opinion in a civil manner. I can see where you are coming from. But you can keep things civil. I'm more on your side than the other. I just try to see things from both sides.

Is this game worth it? 19.00 on CD keys I didn't like Shadow Warrior 2 at all cause it was like Borderlands and gave me nausea.

If you have to ask if $20 is worth it, then most likely not. I never did pick this up, and most likely won't. I'm pretty tired of the whole Shadow Warrior thing in general. They should work on a Hard Reset 2. But I think people will look at fwh differently now and not see them for the unique leaders they once used to be aftler this release. ( and the whole Devolver Digital thing) They can still do some great things though, I'm sure/.

I picked this up figured it was worth a shot the gameplay looks fixated with the Sword and Gunplay but the animations around it are really alive. I'll see what it's like when I fire it up tomorrow. I just bought my first Katana the other day a Shinwa called Green River.

Last edited:
20220816080421_1.jpg

This game is awesome lol I knew I wouldn't like Doom Eternal so I picked up this never finished DOOM anyway. No comparison this game rocks =)

Last edited:
20220817015733_1.jpg

The Katana seems pretty solid but you can see the animation or the AA shimmer slightly.

I have a 60FPS lock not sure what I did to kick it down there adjusting the settings doesn't help I was at 143 for a while not sure what happened.

20220831094847_1.jpg

Flying Carp or Koi
20220831094900_1.jpg

Katana Handle Tuska

You gotta look for upgrades in the map they are like hidden found 2-3 I'm sure I missed a few.

Back