Shadow Warrior 3

On a sadder note, the original Lo Wang has passed away. The passing of John Galt was revealed by 3D Realms.

https://nitter.domain.glass/3DRealms/status/1487878787438100489
1643655742596.png

EDIT: Actionsack was removed from the Nitter instances. Updating link.

Last edited:
Glad to see the release date is official. We should be getting a gone gold announcement soon.

Shadow Warrior 3 PC Requirements Unveiled Ahead of Launch​

MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 * 3400) or equivalent. Intel Core i5-3470 (4 * 3200) or equivalent.
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Radeon R7 260X (2048 VRAM) or equivalent. GeForce GTX 760 (2048 VRAM) or equivalent.
    • Storage: 31 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: The Minimum Specification listed allows gameplay experience at 30 FPS on average while using Low graphical settings and 1080p resolution.
RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8 * 3200) or equivalent. Intel Core i7-6950X (10 * 3000) or equivalent.
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Radeon RX 5700 (8192 VRAM) or equivalent. GeForce GTX 1080 (8192 MB) or equivalent.
    • Storage: 31 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: The Recommended Specification listed allows gameplay experience at 60 FPS on average while using High graphical settings and 1080p resolution.
https://wccftech.com/shadow-warrior-3-pc-requirements-unveiled-ahead-of-launch/

Geez, SW1 from 2013 and SW2 from 2016 are both $39.99 on Steam right now! Looks like they are really trying to milk this new release for everything they can.

Honestly, I'm concerned with all the swinging and wall running I'm seeing in the trailers. I hope it's executed well because all that parkour shit and mantling ruined Dying Light and Doom Eternal for me!

I've had Shadow Warrior 2 on my PC for the longest time. Me thinks I need to finish this game before launch to get ready for the 3rd one. Out!

I've had Shadow Warrior 2 on my PC for the longest time. Me thinks I need to finish this game before launch to get ready for the 3rd one. Out!
I've been playing Hard Reset Redux for the last week and damn I almost forgot how cool it was/is. I actually never play the redux version before but I think it's way more fun than the original, with its dash ability. According to steam, I haven't played the og since Dec 25, 2012! Hard to believe it's been that long.

As for SW3, I'll most likely play it but honestly I'm not that excited for it. It seems to me like it's trying to hard to be all wacky and over the top. Grappling and wall running seems boring to me and its all been done before anyway. SW2013 had some pretty technical gameplay going on with it. It was so satisfying to knock enemies to the ground and stab them in the face. :p. This here just seems like mindless horde shooter stuff, along with part 2 aswell. I don't even really remember to much of part 2 now that I think of it. Hopefully the weapon switching and weapons themselves are good and we're able to have some fun with it though.

Hope you know the SW3 is going to be nothing like SW2. The last game was a looter shooter with RPG lite mechanics, where Shadow Warrior 3 is going to be a more traditional shooter like Doom 2016.

Hope you know the SW3 is going to be nothing like SW2. The last game was a looter shooter with RPG lite mechanics, where Shadow Warrior 3 is going to be a more traditional shooter like Doom 2016.
no, not like a traditional fps or doom '16. did you watch the trailer? wall running, grappling, kill machines etc etc and no wang, just a neutered knock-off. wooooo haha.

no, not like a traditional fps or doom '16. did you watch the trailer? wall running, grappling, kill machines etc etc and no wang, just a neutered knock-off. wooooo haha.
I was meaning more traditional in the sense it will not have the features prominent in SW2. Yes I saw the trailer, the platforming seems gimmicky and I don't see it adding any value to the gameplay. I think anyone basing their purchase on Shadow Warrior 2 will be disappointed.

I was meaning more traditional in the sense it will not have the features prominent in SW2. Yes I saw the trailer, the platforming seems gimmicky and I don't see it adding any value to the gameplay. I think anyone basing their purchase on Shadow Warrior 2 will be disappointed.
anyone basing it on any previous version probably will be.

Hmm I'm more interested now, found SW2 severely lacking mostly in the shooting departement, most weapons felt more like BB guns then real weapons damage wise.

I tried SW2 but didn't get into it. Felt more like a hack and slash game and not much of a shooter. First game (2013 version) was a hidden gem, IMO. Fairly solid FPS. Varied level design, decent shooting. I enjoyed it. SW2 just didn't have the same feel. This new thing looks more like a Doom 2016/Eternal type of thing. Which is okay, but a step back from SW1.

This series is so weird I got motion sickness from the last game so I only made it so far before I had to hurl.

Looks like they "borrowed" those executions from DOOM. Not overly fond of the enemy design, shooting looks half decent, still waiting for reviews

Shadow Warrior 3 trailer – last look before launch​

"Spoiler alert, I’ve been playing Shadow Warrior 3 for the past week and have been having an absolute blast. While the trailer perhaps doesn’t give you an indication of just how many penis jokes there are in the game, take it as read that there are plenty."

https://www.wepc.com/news/shadow-warrior-3-trailer-last-look-before-launch/

They are trying too hard to make a good game wit good ratings Way too many color explosions guts or whatever. Maybe its for the 12 year old with ADD.

^Yeah idk, every time I watch another gameplay vid the whole thing looks more and more annoying. It's seeming like it's gonna be a 'wait for sale' for this one, if at all tbh.

Comes out this week March 1st I duno about this one someone said it looks pretty Cringe on Steam. Looks like Doom Eternal but just Guts spilling all over the place.

Last edited:
Comes out this week March 1st I duno about this one someone said it looks pretty Cringe on Steam.
Looks like Doom Eternal but just Guts spilling all over the place.

I am excited for the release of this one it looks like a lot of fun. Preordered it a few weeks ago and am waiting patiently for it to arrive, I wish they would do a preload.

As far as the talk on the steam forums, If there is one thing that I have learned over there from the legions 12 year old trolls, Is take what they say with a grain of salt. They bash on even the best AAA games.

I will personally welcome the new game play style as long as it is not a straight up clone of Doom Eternal, The gore will be fun as long as it is not comically used. I will welcome any departure from the game play that was delivered with SW2, I preordered SW2 and still have yet to beat it, I had major difficulties with the futuristic direction of the city levels along with the rpg elements.

The biggest thing I can say is watch the trailers/gameplay/reviews and form an informed decision about the game, and be weary of the 12 yearold trolls in the steam community.

Wow, looks like a hell of a lot going on in that last trailer. Way too much I'm afraid. I'm partial to the 1st one. 2nd one was good, but in my opinion didn't hang with 1. 3rd one...yeesh, I hope i'm wrong.

Yep.. You can tell they are definitely vibing on Doom 2016 / Eternal. Hard pass for me. Such a shame.

Looks like I'm one of the few who actually liked the 2nd one more than the first.

At any rate, fingers crossed and looking forward to trying it tomorrow!

They are trying too hard to make a good game wit good ratings Way too many color explosions guts or whatever. Maybe its for the 12 year old with ADD.
Yeah my first impressions after watch some gameplay was that it looked like they went a little heavy on the effects, like fireworks going off all the time. I really liked 2013, hope this one is still a good game.

I think I'll pick up Tiny Tinas Wonderland instead this game doesnt look very Merica.

7/10 or so across the board so far.

https://opencritic.com/game/12819/shadow-warrior-3
1646083773424.png

In PC Gamer's 52/100, the reviewer laments how Lo Wang is still an edgelord, even with the supposed toning down in this game. It's just a friendlier type of edgelord that makes him more annoying than funny.
1646084062050.png

This whinging goes on for another 4 full paragraphs. It gets political, though, so I won't be discussing those points in this thread.

This is the type of guy who would also find genuine Hong Kong action movies problematic. For them it's never enough, for actual gamers it's already too much toning down, if we can even call it toning down. This game got the same treatment as Saints Row.

I loved the first two games, but this one was a hard pass for me the second I saw a trailer with the new voice actor. They deserve the bad reviews.

Last edited:
Tried it again tonight, and the longer I played, the more frustrated I became until I just deleted it and went back to SW2.
I really hope they go back to the SW2 formula in a future title. It doesn't even have to be the Shadow Warrior IP. I'd be happy to see them make anything with the looter shooter / RPG mechanics again in the future. I really enjoyed that game.

Couple things from reading some posts above. Do they have a new voice actor for Wang? Also, comparing this to Doom Eternal is a death sentence.. If it's anything like that I can't do it.

Im my opinion, Shadow Warrior (2013) is by far the best. I finished SW2 but just didn't do it for me. So alas, i'll have to pass on this even if it's on sale now.

Back