Shadow of the Colossus PS4

Anyone order it from GMG? I've never used them and just ordered this. Got the email saying they'll send me the game key to use on PSN closer to the release date. I'm assuming I'll get it and be able to preload the game a day or two before release still, right?

Anyone order it from GMG? I've never used them and just ordered this. Got the email saying they'll send me the game key to use on PSN closer to the release date. I'm assuming I'll get it and be able to preload the game a day or two before release still, right?

All depends on when Sony releases keys to them. If there is a pre-load then I'd imagine we'll get keys this weekend or Monday.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Not trying to shit on your TV choice, but you REALLY should have waited to get something with HDR. Since you seem to be on a budget, and likely you got that TCL for around $320 I am guessing... I would have gotten this Hisense 50" 4K with HDR. Would have been a much better choice at $430. Than a 43" TCL with no HDR for $110 less. The money you save you get 7" of screen and HDR. Worth it IMO. I always suggest people to get the best bang for their buck since we usually keep out TVs for a while and don't upgrade often. Don't get something you'll regret.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hisens...th-high-dynamic-range/4982500.p?skuId=4982500
HDR on cheap TVs is usually nearly worthless.

As far as the remake goes: I think its great. SoTC is flawed, but has some amazing qualities. And was key part in the begining of a post-post modern game movement, where certain games started deconstructing games and the people who play them.
The remade graphics look really good and do a nice blend of staying reasonably faithful to the original, while injecting some modern aspects for the newer mainstream. I'm glad that the game will have a chance to be experienced by new players in a way which hides how old it is.

Personally, I won't be replaying it. I got my mileage from the original.

Looks like the pre-load is live. GMG has sent out keys and I've got the game downloading to my PS4.

like this
Looks like the pre-load is live. GMG has sent out keys and I've got the game downloading to my PS4.

Nice, didn't get the email notification, so I just checked and had it too. Just added it to my download queue too. It's only 13.57GB, so it's not too big, but Sony's servers seem to cap out at 15-20 Mb/sec and never come close to capping out my 200 Mb service.

Took about 5 hours to download, but got it pre-loaded to unlock at midnight tonight. Good times ahead.

So, just to clarify; the Colossi (Colossuses..?) are like the only enemies in this game, it seems? So the rest of the game is pretty much just exploration and no real combat it seems?

Took about 5 hours to download, but got it pre-loaded to unlock at midnight tonight. Good times ahead.

So, just to clarify; the Colossi (Colossuses..?) are like the only enemies in this game, it seems? So the rest of the game is pretty much just exploration and no real combat it seems?

Correct. You just kill the Colossi. They're the only thing that fights back.

There are lizards around that you can hit with an arrow or sword. The white-tailed lizards increase your stamina.

There is also fruit in the trees which increases your health.

They don't fight back though.

The Colossi are the only enemy. It starts to be more of a puzzle on how you're going to get on and finding the weak points. Tip, look for white-tailed lizards near save spots. They increase your stamina.

I beat the first game without being aware of lizards or apples. I will make sure to not repeat that mistske.

I beat the first game without being aware of lizards or apples. I will make sure to not repeat that mistske.

There is a lot the game doesn't tell you. I didn't believe my friend when he told me you could unlock upgrades by beating the time attack battles. You even get a different set of upgrades playing on Hard.

Same. I was really surprised when I learned about that, long after beating the game the first time.

Killed the first Colossus then had to go to bed. Pretty cool so far.. dunno wtf to do with the sword light defective yet though. Didn't see anywhere to use it when it told you how to use it near the dead girl.

Killed the first Colossus then had to go to bed. Pretty cool so far.. dunno wtf to do with the sword light defective yet though. Didn't see anywhere to use it when it told you how to use it near the dead girl.

The light from the sword directs you towards the next Colossus. If you move the sword around while holding it up the beams of light will come together and point you in the right direction.

like this
I’m on the third Colossus, you can definitely tell it’s a PS2 era game with the controls and camera. They are bad, I wish BluePoint worked harder on getting those right.

They did a wonderful job overall but holy hell are the camera and controls aggravating.

Downed the first 4...pretty quickly because I remember them from when I played this last time.

Game looks gorgeous. Controls are still kind of wonky in terms of precision when maneuvering, but I guess they wanted to maintain the "classic" feel? Kinda wish they had used a bit more of the Last Guardian control schema when it comes to that, but oh well.

The light from the sword directs you towards the next Colossus. If you move the sword around while holding it up the beams of light will come together and point you in the right direction.

Additionally, you can use it to highlight the weak points on the colossi.

I beat the first 8 colossi in just over 2 hours on normal. Averaging about 15 minutes between each kill. Wish I had started on Hard difficulty because this is too easy.

like this
I beat the first 8 colossi in just over 2 hours on normal. Averaging about 15 minutes between each kill. Wish I had started on Hard difficulty because this is too easy.

Pretty much same here.. longest one was the one you have to get the Colossus with the brittle armor and it took me a while to figure out that he has to hit the hard platform in the middle of the arena to get his armor to fall off and be able to reach his weak spot. The rest I've been able to kill pretty quick once I got on them and haven't been bucked from any of them yet for losing my grip. But I already planned on playing through it at least twice anyways, so might as well do normal first to get the story and come back for hard just for the trophy and extra play through.

I'm not seeing any white-tailed lizards to kill anywhere either, I'm just seeing the normal black ones everywhere, though it looks like they have a small white stripe on their back/tail, so I'm not sure if that's them or not? Haven't seen any apple trees anywhere either, though I haven't really been looking.

I'm not seeing any white-tailed lizards to kill anywhere either, I'm just seeing the normal black ones everywhere, though it looks like they have a small white stripe on their back/tail, so I'm not sure if that's them or not? Haven't seen any apple trees anywhere either, though I haven't really been looking.

Search around the save spots in the world. Usually can find one crawling around on it. As for the apples, don't think I've even seen one myself.

The white tailed lizards are around the save shrines.

The apples/fruits are almost on every tree.

The apples/fruits are almost on every tree.

Hmmmm....no, that's not even close to true. :p Maybe the larger trees but there are a LOT of trees in this game and most of them don't have anything. There are also a ton of non-white-tailed lizards running around just to fuck with you. The actual ones do tend to be around shrines though, you're right. You really have to look out for them, usually they are running around under/over/upside-down near the top of the things.

Hmmmm....no, that's not even close to true. :p Maybe the larger trees but there are a LOT of trees in this game and most of them don't have anything. There are also a ton of non-white-tailed lizards running around just to fuck with you. The actual ones do tend to be around shrines though, you're right. You really have to look out for them, usually they are running around under/over/upside-down near the top of the things.

I said almost every tree. Or you could use a map.

For the lizards I guess there are a few in the wild. I just stuck to the ones near the save shrines. I need to replay it to get them all.

Yeah, I didn't even know what a save point was until you mentioned it, hah. I found a few of the white lizards last night. Fount it much easier to stand on the ground and hit them with my bow than it was to climb it and try to hit them with my sword, hah.

Also, I meant to post this yesterday, but I encountered a crazy glitch where the 2nd Colossus can just straight clip into the side of the cliff and disappear, hah.

Took a break from Monster Hunter to finish this over the weekend. Holy fuck, the last boss is an exercise in extreme frustration. The controls are just not accurate enough to make some of the jumps consistently that you need to make. I think the last boss took me the better part of an hour, and on the whole the game only took me just under 5 hours...for THE OTHER 15 OF THEM.

Anyway, still a great game, wish they tightened up the controls a bit. Same issue in The Last Guardian, I guess Team ICO really just loves to make platformers with floaty controls and physics that make you feel like you're jumping around on the moon.

Back