flooberjobby
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Apr 4, 2008
- Messages
- 268
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Heavy Gaming, and some media use
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Around $1,500, though I could go up to $2,000 if necessary. Not including tax and shipping.
3) Where do you live?
FT Bliss, TX
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Blue Ray burner drive, Da Box 100(alredy picked and going to buy), 1200 PSU(looking at an Ultra X4, Ram, CPU(Preferably a Hexacore I like to play more than one game at a time while web surfing, chatting, listening to music and various other things so I need the extra cores/threads), Motherboard(with SATA 3, and USB 3.0), GPU, Getting an H50 for cooling the CPU, HD/SSD Um... I think thats it for parts I'd need.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Keyboard, mouse, nothing else
6) Will you be overclocking?
Would like to have the CPU at 4-4.3 GHZ
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Not sure on size but would like an IPS, DIsplayport, 1920x1200 monitor with the thinest bezels I can get for a god price. (I'm planning for Eyefinity) Would like to keep the price under 1200
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within a couple of weeks
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0, SATA 3, Crossfire, RAID
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
No. but I'm looking at Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
I would like to have a SSD for booting, and then 2 RAIDed together for gaming, but I'd need at least 300 GB SSD for the games, if it can't fit in the budget that's fine I'll just get the essentials and buy the SSD next month.
Video card has to be the E6 card, or another one with nothing but Display port out, I don't want to deal with any adapters.
This is kinda what I'm looking at so far. Any suggestions I'm open to them.
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5267687&sku=C13-2528
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=15176&sku=M452-6090
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5279700&sku=TSD-2000WD
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6052729&sku=A79-1090
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6044540&sku=L49-1053
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4143847&sku=ULT40323
http://www.lan-gear.com/microATX.php
and thanks for all the help.
Heavy Gaming, and some media use
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Around $1,500, though I could go up to $2,000 if necessary. Not including tax and shipping.
3) Where do you live?
FT Bliss, TX
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Blue Ray burner drive, Da Box 100(alredy picked and going to buy), 1200 PSU(looking at an Ultra X4, Ram, CPU(Preferably a Hexacore I like to play more than one game at a time while web surfing, chatting, listening to music and various other things so I need the extra cores/threads), Motherboard(with SATA 3, and USB 3.0), GPU, Getting an H50 for cooling the CPU, HD/SSD Um... I think thats it for parts I'd need.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Keyboard, mouse, nothing else
6) Will you be overclocking?
Would like to have the CPU at 4-4.3 GHZ
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Not sure on size but would like an IPS, DIsplayport, 1920x1200 monitor with the thinest bezels I can get for a god price. (I'm planning for Eyefinity) Would like to keep the price under 1200
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within a couple of weeks
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0, SATA 3, Crossfire, RAID
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
No. but I'm looking at Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
I would like to have a SSD for booting, and then 2 RAIDed together for gaming, but I'd need at least 300 GB SSD for the games, if it can't fit in the budget that's fine I'll just get the essentials and buy the SSD next month.
Video card has to be the E6 card, or another one with nothing but Display port out, I don't want to deal with any adapters.
This is kinda what I'm looking at so far. Any suggestions I'm open to them.
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5267687&sku=C13-2528
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=15176&sku=M452-6090
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5279700&sku=TSD-2000WD
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6052729&sku=A79-1090
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6044540&sku=L49-1053
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4143847&sku=ULT40323
http://www.lan-gear.com/microATX.php
and thanks for all the help.