SFF Case for Corsair H50

Halloween

Limp Gawd
As the thread title suggests I'm looking for a sff case that will fit the Corsair H50 with no modding. I also want to house a 8800gtx (with xtreme accelero cooler), and an atx psu. All my current specs in the signiture, I will be moving to a matx obviously.

Last edited:
I also like the SG03, but I currently have mine in a Mini P180. With the huge 200mm fan up top it is like these two were meant to be together - just like PB&J. :D

If you go to the Corsair website they have some videos of how it works and some comparative tests against the Thermalright 120. The tests are done using ATX rigs but it gives you a good idea of how much better it can do over stock Intel hsf and high end hsf such as the Tr120.

Yeah I have tried the H50 in a SG03. It works.

The 8800 GTX works, but not sure if you have that cooler on it.

that cooler wouldn't fit, but it does fit in a silverstone tj-08 (i used to have an 8800gts 512 with an accelero s1 r2 in there with a true 120 with a pair of 120mm fans) I'm pretty the h50 would fit front or rear, but as i don't have the case anymore i couldn't measure for ya.

Just so you know, if you get the h50, use 3 party fans and thermalpaste. The stocks are unbearable!

Hello,

My current rig is a
Q9650
4 GB RAM
4870X2 with the Xtreme arctic 3rd party cooler
2 X 500GB Black Label HDD
P5Q-EM (mATX)
620 Corsair PSU (ATX)

All in a SG03.

The Xtreme cooler takes up 3 slots in total so is a big beast and is longer then the stock one. it JUST fits in the SG03 but you have to move the 120mm fan up abit (so it ends up finishing just shy of the dust filter (meaning you cant run dual 120mm fans).

I will snap a few shots off when i can.

Hello,

My current rig is a
Q9650
4 GB RAM
4870X2 with the Xtreme arctic 3rd party cooler
2 X 500GB Black Label HDD
P5Q-EM (mATX)
620 Corsair PSU (ATX)

All in a SG03.

The Xtreme cooler takes up 3 slots in total so is a big beast and is longer then the stock one. it JUST fits in the SG03 but you have to move the 120mm fan up abit (so it ends up finishing just shy of the dust filter (meaning you cant run dual 120mm fans).

I will snap a few shots off when i can.

Cheers mate would be good to see what that looks like, what are your temps like?

Sounds like an amazing build, I'm looking forward to pics :)

Here is how mine is configured:

Picture1.jpg

PSU is out of the case to reveal whats underneath...

does anyone know if a push/pull method with the h50 fits within the sg03? do all the fans fit?

does anyone know if a push/pull method with the h50 fits within the sg03? do all the fans fit?

The short answer is, maybe.

The long answer is, yes, only if your motherboard does not block it. On my motherboard, the power cable (20-pin ATX) is in the way... and I can fit push-pull but with less than 1 mm of clearance.

You only get a very minor (2-3°C) improvement in temperature with push-pull anyway...

Bonus pro tip: the H50 kit comes with 4 "long" screws to affix fans. If you want to do push-pull, use 2 screws per fan...

The short answer is, maybe.

The long answer is, yes, only if your motherboard does not block it. On my motherboard, the power cable (20-pin ATX) is in the way... and I can fit push-pull but with less than 1 mm of clearance.

You only get a very minor (2-3°C) improvement in temperature with push-pull anyway...

Bonus pro tip: the H50 kit comes with 4 "long" screws to affix fans. If you want to do push-pull, use 2 screws per fan...

ah I just read that the h50 doesn't get as much benefit as the bigger coolers. would it be worth it to switch out the default h50 fan for something else?

ah I just read that the h50 doesn't get as much benefit as the bigger coolers. would it be worth it to switch out the default h50 fan for something else?

Not sure what you mean by "doesn't get as much benefit as the bigger coolers".

As to the fan: the default fan isn't bad. It's a matter of degree. Certainly you could pay $15 for a Scythe Gentle Typhoon, which is quieter and stronger, and probably good for another 2-3°C improvement. Is that worth $15 to you?

Works very well in the FT03.

Unfortunately the FT03 is too big for airplane carry on (official regulations) which is why I'm going with the SG03

Not sure what you mean by "doesn't get as much benefit as the bigger coolers".

As to the fan: the default fan isn't bad. It's a matter of degree. Certainly you could pay $15 for a Scythe Gentle Typhoon, which is quieter and stronger, and probably good for another 2-3°C improvement. Is that worth $15 to you?

Sorry I meant the watercoolers with the bigger radiators. That's what I read on the infallible internet anyway.

I do plan on overclocking a 2500k to around 4ghz so it might make a difference. Thanks for the recommendation though!

Sorry I meant the watercoolers with the bigger radiators. That's what I read on the infallible internet anyway.
Well, it's purely academic, as you'd need to mod the case to fit a 240mm radiator. (Although if you're going to do that and run your own loop, it may be more feasible to use two 120mm rads instead.)

I do plan on overclocking a 2500k to around 4ghz so it might make a difference. Thanks for the recommendation though!
Oh, I'm sure that if you used a really fast fan (i.e. you don't care about silence), the H50 should be able to deal with a healthy overclock. Maybe you can put a fan controller in; the SG-03 has a blank PCI slot above the PSU that's ideal for this.

The other thing you can consider is the larger Corsair H70. I think the jury is still out on whether that will fit... There was some discussion in this thread.

I'll probably stick with the h50 since i'm not too comfortable with modding the case itself.

I think for the moment I'll be sticking with the h50 and stock fan and two noctuna NF-P12's for additional case cooling. Any other recommendations? I'll probably be going with a gtx 560 ti as my video card also.

I personally recommend v351 because it is cube shaped so it really doesn't take up a lot of space but you can fit a lot of components in it

Yeah I'm looking more at mATX. It seems that it will be easier to upgrade in the future for more functionality and less cost.

Oh and if I install a H50 into a SG03 do I still need to buy two 120mm fans if I plan on using the stock h50 fan?

MicroATX cases for H50, which I like:
( There is no need of moding to fit H50 )

Lia-Li V354
Silverstone FT 03
Silverstone TJ08 E ( new case, will be small, nice and probably cheep )
Silverstone SG03 and 04 models. ( Internal cable management its realy challenge )
FractalDesign Mini models Define and ARC ( bigger cases )
Antec Mini P180 ( Its little bigger case )
NZXT Rouge ( Hard to find )
InWin Dragon Slayer

Last edited:
The H50 will fit but for mine i had to put it on the top slot and drop the fan down some for it to fit. I would not be able to do push pull as i have a 5850 and a standard atx psu so there isnt much room unless i hacked up my psu cable which i do eventually want to do.

I have built a few HTPC with this case....freaking awesome and I would imagine the H50 would fit in that single 120 fan slot...IDK if the CPU leads would reach though.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036WTDGQ"]Amazon.com: SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX HTPC Computer Case GD05B (Black): Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41SQfsMwyuL.@@AMEPARAM@@41SQfsMwyuL[/ame]

Back