Im putting together a server rack and i need some help putting it together.
I want to have like 3 to 4 servers on it.
A File Server 4U
A Firewall server 1U
Okay I REVISED what I want.
Currently I have a Dell 2410 Rack Cabinet.
Tomorrow Friday May 14, 2010 I'm Going to go and Get Ark 4U-500-CA at a local computer parts warehouse. Don't Care much for the norcos. This rack as far as I know can hold up to 8 HDDs maybe even more if I add a 5in3. I need another Motherboard that haves the mouse and keyboard PS/2 ports so I can hook it up to my Dell 8 port KVM Switch. Thats the only thing that I'm worry about at the moment. I will reuse:
Sempron 140
1x WD 250 blue
2x WD 1TB Green
1x WD 1.5TB Green
1x SG 1.5TB witch haves the 7200 rpm Need to take this out lol.
2x 1GB 800MHz DDR2 Ram
The Price for the new MoBo can not surpass $80
The Firewall I may go and get one off geeks.com Like someone suggested below.
The Third Server will be a VM that I'm Pending on. It may be a 2U or the Same 4U I listed above. Pending.......
I want to run these on it.
- Active Directory/Domain Controller
- Web Server.
- Pending Server
- Pending Server
And what ever other servers I want to run.
Thats if I can run a AD in VM or use it as the Host OS.
I want to get a rack-mount gigabyte network switch with at least 16-24 Ports Pending on what brand. I currently have 3 computers 1 XBOX 360 so whatever. I may add more computers when my mom wants to move back in with me and my greatgrandmom and for guest that comes to chill with me. Plan on getting a PS3 down the road. So my Guess is that I will need 8 ports but i still want a rackmount switch.
I want to get a rack-mount Dual or Tripe WAN port router which when I want to run 2 or 3 cable modems for load balance. this is last because everything else cost more then this one router.
Also I need Rails for the Rack Servers I would perfer sliding rails for the 4U because I would have to open it to add or remove parts to the server a few times.
Pending on adding more here soon......................
I want to have like 3 to 4 servers on it.
A File Server 4U
A Firewall server 1U
Okay I REVISED what I want.
Currently I have a Dell 2410 Rack Cabinet.
Tomorrow Friday May 14, 2010 I'm Going to go and Get Ark 4U-500-CA at a local computer parts warehouse. Don't Care much for the norcos. This rack as far as I know can hold up to 8 HDDs maybe even more if I add a 5in3. I need another Motherboard that haves the mouse and keyboard PS/2 ports so I can hook it up to my Dell 8 port KVM Switch. Thats the only thing that I'm worry about at the moment. I will reuse:
Sempron 140
1x WD 250 blue
2x WD 1TB Green
1x WD 1.5TB Green
1x SG 1.5TB witch haves the 7200 rpm Need to take this out lol.
2x 1GB 800MHz DDR2 Ram
The Price for the new MoBo can not surpass $80
The Firewall I may go and get one off geeks.com Like someone suggested below.
The Third Server will be a VM that I'm Pending on. It may be a 2U or the Same 4U I listed above. Pending.......
I want to run these on it.
- Active Directory/Domain Controller
- Web Server.
- Pending Server
- Pending Server
And what ever other servers I want to run.
Thats if I can run a AD in VM or use it as the Host OS.
I want to get a rack-mount gigabyte network switch with at least 16-24 Ports Pending on what brand. I currently have 3 computers 1 XBOX 360 so whatever. I may add more computers when my mom wants to move back in with me and my greatgrandmom and for guest that comes to chill with me. Plan on getting a PS3 down the road. So my Guess is that I will need 8 ports but i still want a rackmount switch.
I want to get a rack-mount Dual or Tripe WAN port router which when I want to run 2 or 3 cable modems for load balance. this is last because everything else cost more then this one router.
Also I need Rails for the Rack Servers I would perfer sliding rails for the 4U because I would have to open it to add or remove parts to the server a few times.
Pending on adding more here soon......................
Last edited: